Call Blocker
Robocalls are becoming more and more obnoxious.

I usually just hang up the phone when I receive one, but today  I received a robocall that takes it to a new low.

A voice says "Hello", and "I am from Green Energy", "Are you a homeowner?".  I then say "no" and it immediately hangs up.  I then realize that the whole thing was an automated voice and there was never any human there, and the whole things was a waste of time for me.

I downloaded an app called "Call Blocker" that I am going to try.  Does anyone have a favorite app that they like?
I only solved the problem by changing my number. I think you can consider your existing number compromised. Apps never really worked for me.
(09-18-2019, 12:32 AM)churros Wrote: I only solved the problem by changing my number. I think you can consider your existing number compromised. Apps never really worked for me.

Seconded. Actually many of these apps will ask for contacts permission and end up stealing it, then sending it somewhere for God knows what.

I think the app "Truecaller" got exposed for this, basically it becomes a huge privacy leak because now they have everyone's name in your contacts along with their number. So anyone who downloads Truecaller, can therefore see your probably real name, with just you number. Funny how that works.

I use a Google Pixel 3, has a feature where you can reject the robocalls and the google robot will ask it what it wants. Fighting robots with robots.
I now give out a google voice number as dummy instead of my real number.