ROOSH V BOWING OUT MAY NOT BE AS INNOCENT AS YOU THINK
Good day everyone. Before going further, allow me to apologize for the content of my thread, as I am aware it is not in conformity with “Swoop the World” guidelines. I believe “Swoop” is an amazing alternative to the now defunct RVF and properly moderated. Please feel free to delete the thread if you believe it sends the wrong message, as I fully understand. I admit I should have counted to 10 (not happy at the moment with RVf) before sending; however, believe what I have to say may be of value to some on the thread. Will do my best not to go overboard.

To give a small history about me, I am close to 40, graduated from Stanford with an MEng in Electrical Engineering. Did a one-year internship in solar energy and received certification to perform services as a solar energy engineer; now working for a global renewable energy firm in SF, California. I am rarely stateside nowadays, as I am generally working in some developing country, somewhere. I have worked on most continents save Antarctica, spending the vast preponderance of time in Africa (mainly East Africa).  

I have never been one to have much time to engage in online forums, however, I stumbled upon the RVF and thought to share my experiences as they related to spending time in Kampala, Uganda. Much of my time there, I described as “vacation in a hurry” as I was generally working as well during most of my visits, although visited several times for pleasure as well. Posing on RVF, I quickly found there were other men who hoped to travel to Africa one day as well, as those who had many questions as they too were of interest. I found the dialogue very engaging and rewarding being able to communicate and information share with others who had an affinity for the Ugandan ladies as did I. It was truly amazing how long lived and information-rich the thread became. I finally bowed out as I was quite simply spending too much time (which I do not have) on the forum.

Recently, I returned to see how the thread was progressing, also seeing a Ukraine thread which interested me. Although I did not plan on spending too much time there, I made a couple of posts which drew the ire of a couple of the forums “experts” who attacked every word I stated. I confused “Starbucks” with “Kredens” at one point, which resulted in a couple of the members reporting me for “spreading misinformation” (LOL, I couldn’t make this stuff up). I then received a warning from RVF’s co-called moderator who warned me of “spreading misinformation”. I admit, my time in the Ukraine was many years back and did become confused, however, could not understand the issue of confusing a coffe shop? I then replied back to the RVF moderator to explain to him this seemed unusual and excessive to me. My question to the moderator was that the two members were using profanity, taunting me and behaving childish, obviously adolescent boys creating chaos? I received an unbelievable response from the moderator which stated the following:

Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: Viciously attacking admin, emotional breakdown (unstable) after warning. Ban will be lifted: NEVER!!!”

It became immediately apparent to me that the patients were running the asylum. I doubt this was Roosh sending the message; however, obviously some youngster who had a “bromance” with the two members who had reported me. Having fun at my expense apparently, because they can. My thought is that Roosh plans to disband the forums in their entirety before much longer which possess “hook-up” content, as I believe his agenda has transitioned to something quite different. At first I simply shrugged this off, however, thought a response was merited in the dismissive manner they have been behaving.

To the meat-and-potatoes of my post, it is my supposition that Roosh severely misjudged the members who participated in, or frequented his forum. I had the opportunity to come to know a couple of the members, and both white-collar professionals, who were very successful professionally. One of the gentlemen had attended college on a partial-Lacrosse scholarship now working in finance, and the other as an administrator for a well-known national construction/development firm. My point is, both these men have many options in life, however, like myself and all of you, enjoyed the information sharing gleaned from many of the forums. In other words, not the socially awkward individuals that many with an alternative lifestyle vehemently protest they are…. not even close.

Having said this, it is my observation that Roosh did not give this benefit of the doubt to the preponderance of his members; however, in fact, agreed albeit silently with his largest critics. My reasoning for stating so, was his dismissive manner toward many of the members. Often banning members for something as simple as not agreeing with general information issues, as it hurt his ego or as importantly (to him anyhow), his agenda. I do not begrudge Roosh for struggling with women, as he seemed to have several more losses than wins. Case-and-point, a former work associate of mine has retired and now living in Lviv, Ukraine. He refers to it as an adult Disney land and often sends me photos of the ladies he is courting that week. Granted, good-looking guy, well-heeled and a posh renovated (large 4BR) apartment near the cities center. He believes he is in the promised land, however, Roosh seemed to struggle in Ukraine constantly. My friend followed Roosh as he was living in Ukraine, and familiar with the talk-show interview Roosh did in Ukraine. He made mention of the part which showed Roosh taking his passport and waving it for all to see with this big goofy smile, which took “nerdism” to a new level. Not sure I completely agree with that, however, certainly did not place him in a good light, nor American men with Ukrainian ladies.

Look, Roosh was definitely not God’s gift to women; however, he provided a very valuable online platform that allowed those with valuable information based on their life’s experiences with various cultures and travels, to convene in one central location that they could meet and learn from one another. I believe we can all agree, much of what Roosh stated was comical at best, and certainly was not the stratagems that men require to be successful in their pursuit of high-quality women. I certainly do not need a guy transmitting from a dusty motel room somewhere in an undisclosed location in Eastern Europe to tell me how to get lucky, LOL.

It is clearly evident why Roosh began his forum, he was searching for a niche market to tap into. He eventually determined a segment of the male population felt unrepresented and continuing to be more and more disenfranchised by the day. The goal - Roosh wanted to MAKE MONEY! LOL, of course this is why he left a career as a lab rat to pursue a life of adventure on the run selling the virtue of the “Y” chromosome on steroids. There was no noble crusade about it with Roosh. He was hoping to attract enough frustrated individuals to subscribe to his forum, buy his books and paraphernalia, and attend his speaking engagements – it is that simple. I believe he had a great concept, to tap into a population which feels forgotten, much as to why FOX News enjoys their stellar success’ also how Trump was elected. However, Roosh was met with a nefarious vitriol from the extreme left, especially angry feminists, only seen by how President Trump is attacked. The difference, Roosh is a man of $0-net worth, and unable to defend himself against the onslaught which was to come. When Amazon and PayPal banned Roosh, it was all over for any form of online sales.  Censorship on any level is unacceptable if you are an American, and the big-tech assault on Roosh was something which I never believed I would see in my lifetime in America.

Again, Roosh was not running RVF because of some crusade to combat those emasculating America; Roosh wanted to make money, pure and simple. Does that mean that there is not a “Gillette culture” out there filled with soy-boys apologizing for peeing standing up, and angry femme-fatales? Of course not, traditional America and the role of men in society is diminishing rapidly, and not for the better. However, although I am sure Roosh agrees as well, his foremost agenda item was hoping to tap into the “angry white male” market (his words not mine) and cash out after about 5-10 years of doing battle like many who participate in the social “shock and awe” game. Perhaps buy a penthouse flat in Kyiv and live happily ever after. I do not believe his luck with women would improve any, but at least he could get shot down in style. However, this was not a happy ending. Instead, far from it. Now broke, unkept, definitely not the toast of the town, where does he go?

What you see now, is Roosh reinventing himself. Like Nero, burning down Rome and hopes to emerge like the Phoenix from the ashes – his goal has not changed, he wants money. Roosh has misjudged his audience severely (easily seen by the almost non-existent turnouts at his “tours”) which at best, covered the cost of his roundtrips. Roosh believed the forum a place for “Beta” males to convene (after all, what kind of man would spend time on his forum, with him force-feeding them his insight on how to be a man), showing them the road to “game” and glory. In reality, only a very small percentage of the members frequenting RVF were as needy as Roosh believed; and certainly, did not need help from a man who struggled making time in Eastern Europe of all places. From my observation, many of the members went along with Roosh’s diatribe, not because they agreed with everything he rattled off; however, because he was quick on the “ban” button to anyone who challenged or questions his methodology or logic. This is not the action of a mature, confident man, but a scared, insecure individual struggling with confidence and self-esteem. Roosh also believed that the vast preponderance of his members were needy, unconfident men who he could control by yanking their world out from under them with a warning or ban – it is how he believed he could control members, still does. Again, highly misjudging the level of intelligence and sophistication of men frequenting the website. Roosh has set himself up as provocateur of all truth and knowledge, and now finds himself shipwrecked by the individualism of his membership I am happy to see.

It is my assertion that Roosh’s endgame is to take his membership to an online evangelism forum hosted by none other than of course himself, as he believes they will only drink his Kool-Aid (remember Jonestown?). Before going on, I come from a Christian family and grew up in the church (still attend, albeit not as often as I should), so know that I am an advocate for faith-based institutions!

Roosh knows he is finished in the manosphere, therefore his “membership” is all he has left. He is aligning himself with other evangelists as we speak to give credibility to his crusade, as well as tugging on the heartstrings of people. My full condolences to Roosh for the loss of his sister and strain his family has been placed under during his journey. However, we have all lost loved ones and experienced struggle, sleepless nights etc. – Roosh does not have the franchise on this. My point is, he believes his membership is made up of individuals easily taken advantage of, who will follow his command without question.  I believe Roosh’s current 40 day and 40 night trek in the Desert is simply to impress upon his membership as well as his so-called “haters” his commitment to religion and redemption which he will soon tell you he can provide (it is a process). Before long, Roosh will be asking members to “dig deep” and help him expand his holy word to the masses. He will even develop little niche gifts or souvenirs to buy (i.e., personalized crucifix keychains).   I assure you folks, this is what Roosh’s journey is all about, and hopes to continue to fleece members or former members of his forum. I for one, believe Roosh has seriously misjudged those who frequented RVF, and do not hold him in the esteem he believes the membership does.

Once more, I apologize for the length of my post, however, wanted to clearly articulate my observation of Roosh which some will agree, and others will continue to support Roosh’s words, which may be at their peril. I only offer my post as an alternative manner of looking at things, and a precautionary tale. I have felt this way from the beginning; although generally keep my opinions close to my chest – today I have gone against my personal rule, as I believe this information needs to be broadcasted and viewed by those who may benefit from it. I am also posting on the “BANNED” thread.  Thank you for your kind patience and understanding. I hope you found my words of value.
Is "preponderance" your favourite word?
Is that actually comics sans font?
Too long; didn't read. Dude you care way too much. Its an internet forum.

Also comic sans is not a font to be taken seriously.
tldr and Comic Sans is difficult to read. Try to summarize this into 5 sentences OP
To the meat-and-potatoes of my post:

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14425454]
>>Once more, I apologize for the length of my post, however, wanted to clearly articulate my observation of Roosh which some will agree, and others will continue to support Roosh’s words, which may be at their peril.

Lots I could say, but I'll just limit myself to a few remarks:

1) Instead of apologizing for an unnecessarily long post, go back and edit so it isn't so long.

2) You may have "articulated" but you did not do so "clearly". Whole post is a mess, in fact.

3) "peril" is overstating the case. RVF is indeed full of toxic thinking and best consumed in limited quantities, preferably as a lurker so you don't get embroiled in some autistic forum flame war. As for the "personalized crucifix keychains", I really don't see that happening and if it does happen, it's pocket change. I'm more concerned about young guys being encouraged to go on TRT, which is also a problem in this forum. Google "Bigorexia".

4) Why is the title all caps and the font comic sans?
(08-20-2019, 03:01 PM)shemp Wrote: >>Once more, I apologize for the length of my post, however, wanted to clearly articulate my observation of Roosh which some will agree, and others will continue to support Roosh’s words, which may be at their peril.

Lots I could say, but I'll just limit myself to a few  remarks:

1) Instead of apologizing for an unnecessarily long post, go back and edit so it isn't so long.

2) You may have "articulated" but you did not do so "clearly". Whole post is a mess, in fact.

3) "peril" is overstating the case. RVF is indeed full of toxic thinking and best consumed in limited quantities, preferably as a lurker so you don't get embroiled in some autistic forum flame war. As for the "personalized crucifix keychains", I really don't see that happening and if it does happen, it's pocket change. I'm more concerned about young guys being encouraged to go on TRT, which is also a problem in this forum. Google "Bigorexia".

4) Why is the title all caps and the font comic sans?

Hey folks, keep in mind my post was for the purpose of adding my thoughts, in an attempt to hopefully detour those easily influenced to not latch on to the influence peddling I foresee down the road. You are all big boys and the choice is of course yours. With all do respect, why I posted in comic sans or at length are not the type of questions I respond to. Best of luck to you all.
The ability to self-edit...

[Image: giphy.gif]

...the rarest skill on the Internet.
I was following the Ukraine thread, and to be honest, they convinced me that you were spreading disinformation, even not taking into account the Starbuck's gaffe.  You published  the same long post, twice, here and the other thread (which was the appropriate place to put it).  The post contains speculation on an imagined future, which tends to confirm that you play loose with the facts.

It would be good to confine these posts to the one thread "Why did you get banned at RVF?" instead of spreading it all over the forum.
Putting so much effort into a long post, and then editing it in Comic Sans, is a spectacular act of self-sabotage. So you deserve credit for that.

For what it's worth I actually read the post and found it decent. But write more concisely.
Another Roosh thread ?!
Pinning after him just like a girl whose boyfriend dumped her months ago is faggot behaviour.
Get over it man.

[Image: AmusedGivingIchidna-small.gif]
Hey CC, righteous post brother. Didn’t think you would shake me that easy?? Was hoping you would have started a Kampala thread here, but does not look like you got a warm welcome. I am headed back to Kampala next June and have some ideas how I can make my visit even better this time. Lost your contact info so have sent you a PM.  

Rottenapple told me you posted here what happened on the Roosh forum. I went back and read the comments and also posted on that Ukraine thread but did not notice you got adios’d. Saw you got banned on the Kampala thread. I think you are right, a couple of yo-yo’s talking trash have an in with another yo-yo who Roosh crowned moderator.

LMAO, reading the comments above. You had to know that Roosh’s disciples were going to come out of the woodwork when they read your post. Glad you didn’t take the bait. In 2, 3 months, you will see these same guys holding gold embossed King Roosh Version Bibles, pilgrimaging to the promised land.

Can’t leave without mentioning @Mercenary comment. Dude! Before you insult someone, at least take the time to READ their comment before responding, LMAO. Obvious you didn’t read CC’s post. CC wasn’t lauding Roosh, just the opposite!! And you got the bollocks to say it was CC with “Another Roosh thread” when it was in fat YOU who was the OP of the now closed “Roosh exiles & refugee” thread??!! Priceless! Mercenary, hooked on phonics doesn’t appear to be your thing! It’s “p-i-n-i-n-g” NOT “pinning”. Had to read your post twice before I could figure out what you were talking about. Try not being a hater and you will be taken more seriously.

(08-21-2019, 04:58 PM)Visigoth Wrote: Can’t leave without mentioning @Mercenary comment. Dude! Before you insult someone, at least take the time to READ their comment before responding, LMAO. Obvious you didn’t read CC’s post. CC wasn’t lauding Roosh, just the opposite!! And you got the bollocks to say it was CC with “Another Roosh thread” when it was in fat YOU who was the OP of the now closed “Roosh exiles & refugee” thread??!! Priceless! Mercenary, hooked on phonics doesn’t appear to be your thing! It’s “p-i-n-i-n-g” NOT “pinning”. Had to read your post twice before I could figure out what you were talking about. Try not being a hater and you will be taken more seriously.

Clearly the comprehension problem isn't his.

Guys bitching about getting banned from RVF is like some dude bitching about a girl who dumped him.

English isn't his first language, I've seen native speakers make far bigger spelling mistakes.
All these anti-Roosh threads honestly are bringing down the quality of the forum. People are acting like Roosh killed their family members or something. Turning an insignificant event into something it doesn't have to be. Bunch of drama queens
(08-21-2019, 07:14 PM)mike Wrote: All these anti-Roosh threads honestly are bringing down the quality of the forum. People are acting like Roosh killed their family members or something. Turning an insignificant event into something it doesn't have to be. Bunch of drama queens

[Image: thumbs-up.gif]
I don't care about these tiffs, but the Kampala thread on RVF is fascinating. Just wanted to thank OP for that. It bumped Uganda up on my list from "Err, what? Idi Amin, right?" to one of the first places I'll visit if I can find the time and muster up the courage to go to Africa.
@Harem - I am so with you on that. I am sending CC a PM asking him to get an Africa thread started here on STW as this place is cool. I am more of a responder than commenter. CC is the one with the years experience in Africa and lays it out so a caveman can understand it. It was CC's thread that got me to go to Kampala. Never would have thought of it otherwise. That thread had so much intel, instead of chasing my tail while there, actually had a plan and back up plan. Still loving that trip! What do you say CC?
What is the malaria/ mosquito diseases situation in Uganda? I have read accounts of tourists dying from that. How about the food and sanitation standards ?

The girls look beautiful, just wonder if it's worth the risk when America is already filled with accessible black girls.
(08-21-2019, 08:52 PM)Harem Scarem Wrote: I don't care about these tiffs, but the Kampala thread on RVF is fascinating. 

That is the main reason some former members are upset. The members made RVF what it was, with their excellent content, so the dickhead goes and wipes people who created excellent, informative, helpful, sometimes provocative, yet always entertaining content... 

It's about the loss of quality members, their insights and experiences. Even when they had the opposite of your own world view or approach to things, just having another angle as a reference point was a positive contribution.