The Vietnam Thread
Decided to stop fucking around with Vietnamese. Just way too much quality you are missing here to not learn basic conversational Vietnamese.

Ive always knew the best way to learn. I just never really thought about the order and specifics of it. Finally did it and got a solid idea in place and will be dropping it in 1-2 weeks time.

My goal is to be able to go out on dates with girls with zero english in 3 months.
Viet girls are definitely over-hyped thru out the manosphere, but I don't think the average ones really look anything special. lol Yea, I guess I'd say, compared to the rest of SEA... they're the best looking. But that's not saying much.

Was also a little disappointed about the North part of the country. I was expecting fair, porcelain skinned maidens based on the hype, but there really wasn't much of a difference compared to Saigon and the rest of the South tbh.
(03-09-2019, 07:04 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: Viet girls are definitely over-hyped thru out the manosphere, but I don't think the average ones really look anything special. lol Yea, I guess I'd say, compared to the rest of SEA... they're the best looking. But that's not saying much.

Was also a little disappointed about the North part of the country. I was expecting fair, porcelain skinned maidens based on the hype, but there really wasn't much of a difference compared to Saigon and the rest of the South tbh.

Viet girls are crazy overhyped. I agree 

All the so called white chads in town aren't pulling shit. I see them with no girls or the occasional ugly or average chick that moonlights as a hooker.

Girls' attitudes here are super cold / soulless compared to rest of SEA countries even when you are fucking or dating them. They don't seem to act that way with locals though.

Disadvantage of pretending to be conservative / prudish.

Not seeing these esteemed wife or or motherly attributes in the girls everyone keeps talking about. Their family and money come first...then you. All the mixed couples here look awkward as fuck where the husband is usually the one hugging on the wife. Lmao.

The average is slightly higher than rest of SEA but again the cute ones ( tall, slim, fair, below 25 ) are a pain in the ass to lay and I'm not really the 3 date type 

The girls here are good to look at but not much else
(03-09-2019, 07:04 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: Viet girls are definitely over-hyped thru out the manosphere, but I don't think the average ones really look anything special. lol Yea, I guess I'd say, compared to the rest of SEA... they're the best looking. But that's not saying much.

Which country girls do you think are better? And in what ways? 

Average girls of any country are not special hence the "average" part. There is no country on Earth that I know of where the average girl walking the street is a 7+

(03-09-2019, 12:53 PM)Hannon Wrote:

Viet girls are crazy overhyped. I agree 

All the so called white chads in town aren't pulling shit. I see them with no girls or the occasional ugly or average chick that moonlights as a hooker.

Girls' attitudes here are super cold / soulless compared to rest of SEA countries even when you are fucking or dating them. They don't seem to act that way with locals though.

Disadvantage of pretending to be conservative / prudish.

Not seeing these esteemed wife or or motherly attributes in the girls everyone keeps talking about. Their family and money come first...then you. All the mixed couples here look awkward as fuck where the husband is usually the one hugging on the wife. Lmao.

The average is slightly higher than rest of SEA but again the cute ones ( tall, slim, fair, below 25 ) are a pain in the ass to lay and I'm not really the 3 date type 

The girls here are good to look at but not much else

Have to disagree with you. Girls here for me have been very open and friendly. Got a 10 model type that actually replies to me online. If I had to wager it seems like you are encountering club rats and gold diggers. Pretty much every dude I know here has some piece of ass regularly. Any guy with even a spec of game usually has numerous girls he is fucking at one time. You wanna see western dudes with ugly local girls head over to Korea. Like night and day. My lays here destroy my lays in Korea. My matching and response rate online destroys Korea as well. 

The wife qualities come after you marry them, so I am not sure how you would see it. Of course they are gonna put their family and money before some random foreign dudes on vacation looking to smash. 

You say you are not the 3 date type, so not sure why you came to Vietnam for game. This aint the place for guaranteed same day/night lays. With that said, I have banged plenty of nice girls on the 1st or 2nd date.

For anyone reading this. Please do yourself a favor and go to Philippines, Thailand or Indonesia or Latin America if you are looking for easy fun party girls to smash with minimal to no effort. Vietnam takes a bit more time on average and is better suited for long stays in the country and dudes looking to get a quality gf or just increase their quality of lays overall.

My first 17 year old I banged here 2 years ago just broke up with her boyfriend and messaged me to meet last night. Damn ive missed her. One of my best lays here. Super fun, cute and fit body. Gave her a good thumping last night and this morning.

Fucking had student reports due this week and havent been able to finish my Vietnamese language guide. Hopefully by the end of this week it will be ready. I am super excited to begin. Dear god the flood gates will open for me if I can get semi conversational.
Curious as to what you are pulling Dash. You gonna drop pics? No foreigners here pull anything I consider noteworthy. Just ok. I've actual legitimate local connections in this city and even then as a foreigner I'm shut out. You have to be Asian or overseas Vietnamese  here to get decent shit 

I suspect you are pulling the 5s and 6s that act nice enough and get dolled up once in a while. That's fine but please stop calling them 10s. Actual 10s are with moneyed locals. The fake 10s foreigners get are bui vien sluts who play up the virginal card but are actually stealth gold diggers OR plastic surgery junkie whores. 

I'm extremely familiar with this city and marrying these girls is a huge mistake lmao. But go ahead - prove me wrong. Then you can join the ranks of all the beta losers in town walking hand in hand with their girl while she looks embarrassed or unresponsive.
(03-11-2019, 07:56 AM)Dash Wrote: Fucking had student reports due this week and havent been able to finish my Vietnamese language guide. Hopefully by the end of this week it will be ready. I am super excited to begin. Dear god the flood gates will open for me if I can get semi conversational.

Try the 'Drops' app, it's relatively new and has Vietnamese. Fun to use, won app of the year 2018 on Google Play. It isn't free but it's not expensive (free only for 5 minute sessions). Vietnamese on Duolingo is executed pretty lame in my experience.

Obviously these kind of apps are only good for vocabulary, but it's a nice addition to your regular learning routine.
(03-11-2019, 09:42 AM)Hannon Wrote: Curious as to what you are pulling Dash. You gonna drop pics? No foreigners here pull anything I consider noteworthy. Just ok. I've actual legitimate local connections in this city and even then as a foreigner I'm shut out. You have to be Asian or overseas Vietnamese  here to get decent shit 

I suspect you are pulling the 5s and 6s that act nice enough and get dolled up once in a while. That's fine but please stop calling them 10s. Actual 10s are with moneyed locals. The fake 10s foreigners get are bui vien sluts who play up the virginal card but are actually stealth gold diggers OR plastic surgery junkie whores. 

I'm extremely familiar with this city and marrying these girls is a huge mistake lmao. But go ahead - prove me wrong. Then you can join the ranks of all the beta losers in town walking hand in hand with their girl while she looks embarrassed or unresponsive.

Anyone that knows me, knows my rating system is higher than most men. I rarely even rate girls 8+. Not gonna drop pics as I live here and are friends with most girls I fuck with many repeat lays. This isn't a short fuck trip with girls I will never see again. If anyone wants to meet up, id be more than willing to show pictures then.

How about this, you post some pictures of various girls. I will tell you how I rate them. 

I fuck a lot of girls. Many 5s and 6s. Hell, ive even fucked a few 4s (girls with deceiving pictures who agreed to come straight to the apartment). With that said, I have fucked a lot of nice 7s (young ones at that) as well. More here than any where else in my life. 

Most non rich normal dudes with average to above average game primarily fuck girls in the 5-6 range (if they are doing volume). If they are focusing on quality then (6-7) but at a lower clip for the 7s. Then you will have some 4s and maybe some 8s sprinkled in. Ive found this will be typical of almost any country.

Typically, when a girl gets "dolled up" that actually makes me subtract points from them. I am all about natural beauty. I easily see past makeup and high heels.

Ive found, usually the guys who come to Vietnam and leave with a bad impression, are the ones who struck out or were only able to pull mediocre girls. Which, is pretty hard to do imo. Ive seen ugly socially awkward dudes with way better girls than they would have in their home country or elsewhere. Or guys who come to Vietnam expecting it to be a Thailand, Philippines or Indonesia. I am a young well groomed decent looking white dude. No girl anywhere would feel embarrassed to walk down the street with me. However, lets just say I happened to be old ugly fat or dressed like a clown, even then, I can easily pick up on a girl's energy and would never even go out with a girl who was embarrassed or unresponsive much less make her my gf or wife. I hope guys have enough experience and knowledge to be able to pick up on the energy and true feelings of females. Even pros can't hide it fully 24/7.

This is coming from a well traveled guy who has lived in Vietnam for 2+ years.
(03-11-2019, 08:40 PM)Dash Wrote: Fucking had student reports due this week and havent been able to finish my Vietnamese language guide. Hopefully by the end of this week it will be ready. I am super excited to begin. Dear god the flood gates will open for me if I can get semi conversational.

I'm stoked to hear how this goes for you, man. I think that the hardest part is to get to that sorta-conversation threshold, where you're just barely good enough to semi-date a chick who can't really speak English. Once you start actually spending time with girls who speak zero English, your skill level rockets upward out of necessity. As soon as I started hanging out regularly with one who couldn't speak English, I went from barely-awkwardly-not-really-conversational to solidly conversational in a couple of months.

What I found more than anything was that language proficiency significantly boosted the quality of girls I could hang out with. In Japan at least, most of the ones who can actually speak English are in that 4~5 range, and I don't think I've ever met a 7 or 8 with any appreciable degree of English proficiency. Having some skill in the language can help build a much more robust social circle, which further opens up access to different sorts of girls.

When I couldn't speak the language, I was pretty much confined to bar stars / dating site / Tinder girls who were specifically looking for foreign guys, and usually the girls in that category are doing so because they can't get a top-flight local guy. I could pull better ones if I was persistent and lucky, but it was rare. With the language? All bets are off, and the mechanics of dating and game become much more normal, basically like what I'd do in NY or with girls who speak English.

Good luck, man. Keep us posted as your language skills evolve. I'll be real curious to see how it affects your experience in Vietnam.
(03-12-2019, 12:47 AM)AmeriTrader Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:40 PM)Dash Wrote: Fucking had student reports due this week and havent been able to finish my Vietnamese language guide. Hopefully by the end of this week it will be ready. I am super excited to begin. Dear god the flood gates will open for me if I can get semi conversational.

I'm stoked to hear how this goes for you, man. I think that the hardest part is to get to that sorta-conversation threshold, where you're just barely good enough to semi-date a chick who can't really speak English. Once you start actually spending time with girls who speak zero English, your skill level rockets upward out of necessity. As soon as I started hanging out regularly with one who couldn't speak English, I went from barely-awkwardly-not-really-conversational to solidly conversational in a couple of months.

What I found more than anything was that language proficiency significantly boosted the quality of girls I could hang out with. In Japan at least, most of the ones who can actually speak English are in that 4~5 range, and I don't think I've ever met a 7 or 8 with any appreciable degree of English proficiency. Having some skill in the language can help build a much more robust social circle, which further opens up access to different sorts of girls.

When I couldn't speak the language, I was pretty much confined to bar stars / dating site / Tinder girls who were specifically looking for foreign guys, and usually the girls in that category are doing so because they can't get a top-flight local guy. I could pull better ones if I was persistent and lucky, but it was rare. With the language? All bets are off, and the mechanics of dating and game become much more normal, basically like what I'd do in NY or with girls who speak English.

Good luck, man. Keep us posted as your language skills evolve. I'll be real curious to see how it affects your experience in Vietnam.

My take on it is a little different. 

I think the quality increase is more based more on the simple massive number of girls / pool to fish from vs simply the hotness of girls who speak english vs cant. 

At max only 20% of girls in Vietnam can speak conversational english. That means 80% of girls are off limits to you. 

That is ALOT of girls you have no access to. Anytime people increase their options (in anything ie jobs etc) the quality increases. 

As for the hotness of girls who speak english vs not. I'll just say this....

Most rich girls go to international schools where their whole curriculum was taught in english. A lot of top jobs require girls to have some english proficiency. A girl with a high professional position in an international company is way way more likely to be able speak english verses a teacher in a local public school. If you take 10 random girls out of the international schools and 10 girls out of some random bum fuck ho chi minh public school, id bet any amount of money the 10 from the international school will look better on average. 

White men are simply better looking than Asian men. This is a fact in a general sense on a whole. So I also do not think any woman looking for white men is doing so because she can't get a top flight local man. Id actually question the sanity of any woman actually wanting a rich local (foreigner as well due to the propensity to cheat and big headedness etc) Sure if it happens naturally and this guy just happens to be different from the mold, then sure, but solely looking for it? Naw. I would also wager white men treat their women better than Asian men as well. Rich well off or very educated professional women do not even necessarily need to search out rich dudes and on top of that I wouldny want a woman who is looking solely for a rich rude. 

Now come to think of it, most of the girls I see chasing rich dudes are usually very attractive normal or poor girls with no english who are only dating the men for said money and lifestyle switch. 

So for me it's all about numbers and options. Let me provide an illustration below. 

100 Women

20 Speak English

Of that 20 only 2 are very attractive and 6 are cute/attractive. The rest are all average or below average. 

So out of 100 women, we would only be interested to date or fuck 8 of them. This is if they are even single. Half of them would have a boyfriend, so lets cut that list down to 4. So out of 100 fucking women, there would only be 4 that would be an option. That is pretty staggering. 

This assumes we could find all the women and had access to them to run game. Which we don't. So .... On top of the massive boost in options we get from speaking the language, we also drop our competition as most foreigners dont speak the language. 

As you can see for me its simple math.
I got to figure out a system for arranging my time more effectively when it comes to dates. I’m more or less doing no fap now and I’m averaging about 3 girls a week quality being around the 5-7 range, a couple of munters here and there due to coming straight to apartment.

Anyone noticed some pinays here being a lot more chunky than their pics make out? Throws me through a loop when your expecting a petite chick to turn up.

Think I’m going to make a list of chicks I most want to bang and am willing to meet more than once. Hannon bro what’s your sex life like usually? Your outlook seems bleak. Have you ever banged an ugly chick before?
I'd say Hannon's right to the extent that most expat guys here are banging 4-6s. The main reason being is they're going after the same relatively small pool of white guy groupies on tinder who speak good English. It's very rare to see a 7+ on tinder, and that's not taking into account they're usually 1-2 points less attractive in person. (In contrast, I see 7+ girls walking and driving around outside all day. I have never even once seen an expat hit on or approach these girls. Makes you think, huh?)

With a little effort (language and social circle really), there's no reason why a well put together white guy cant bang the top tier here. Whereas that would require obscene wealth or celebrity status for the most part back in the U.S.

If you're just passing through the place, and looking for a locale that's gonna give you a lot of insta date or come right over bangs - VN has never been the best spot for that. I think that's pretty well documented on RVF.
Which country are most expats not banging mostly 4-6s?

i will be on the next plane out if there is any country/city on earth where most expats are banging primarily 7-9s in any type of volume.

(03-13-2019, 04:56 AM)Rick91 Wrote: I got to figure out a system for arranging my time more effectively when it comes to dates. I’m more or less doing no fap now and I’m averaging about 3 girls a week quality being around the 5-7 range, a couple of munters here and there due to coming straight to apartment.

Anyone noticed some pinays here being a lot more chunky than their pics make out? Throws me through a loop when your expecting a petite chick to turn up.

Think I’m going to make a list of chicks I most want to bang and am willing to meet more than once. Hannon bro what’s your sex life like usually? Your outlook seems bleak. Have you ever banged an ugly chick before?

Organized and efficient is the way to be/go.
(03-13-2019, 05:07 PM)Dash Wrote: Which country are most expats not banging mostly 4-6s?

i will be on the next plane out if there is any country/city on earth where most expats are banging primarily 7-9s in any type of volume.
Agreed, but its kinda incongruent how lots of guys(on rvf mainly) rave about hot VN women are and then are only banging 4-6s. 
There are hot women everywhere. Its what youre banging that counts. 
But like i said, its easier to get top tier girls here than most parts of the world. Just requires a bit of work.
(03-13-2019, 05:31 PM)SpecialEd Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 05:07 PM)Dash Wrote: Which country are most expats not banging mostly 4-6s?

Agreed, but its kinda incongruent how lots of guys(on rvf mainly) rave about hot VN women are and then are only banging 4-6s. 
There are hot women everywhere. Its what youre banging that counts. 
But like i said, its easier to get top tier girls here than most parts of the world. Just requires a bit of work.

Well, there is considerable difference between a 4 and a 6. In Korea I banged way more 4-5s with minimal young 7s, where as here, I bang way more 5-6s with a considerable number of young 7s in the mix. Both fall into the statistical mix of 4-6, but are still very very different experiences. 

From what I gather, most people, even on RVF simply state Vietnamese women are the best in Southeast Asia and one of the best in Asia in general. 

Anyone dude raving about Vietnam or even Korea having mostly stunners walking the streets breaking men's necks left and right shouldn't be taken seriously.
(03-13-2019, 03:34 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: The main reason being is they're going after the same relatively small pool of white guy groupies on tinder who speak good English.
Exactly this. There's a certain segment of girls who are eager lay western guys, but they're almost always in that 4~6 range. When I see a typical western guy dating a local, it's usually with this type of girl. Having language skill sets the guy apart and lets you move beyond the girls who are exclusively hunting for foreigner boyfriends.

Only a small percentage of girls can speak English and are really targeting foreign guys for dating. A much, much larger percentage of the population might find a foreign guy with game interesting, but they don't go to such great lengths as to actually learn English for that purpose. Once I could run social circle game and start talking to more normal sorts of girls, it led to a massive increase in quality of girls I could date, at least for me.

Quote:Most rich girls go to international schools where their whole curriculum was taught in english.
Pretty interesting stuff, here. There's definitely some correlation between rich background and looks everywhere, but do a lot of the better off girls in Vietnam speak English? If you hung out in an upper class area, can the rank and file speak English there?

Quote:As you can see for me its simple math.
Haha, your math adds up, I suppose. Anytime you expand the pool of girls you can potentially run game on, I guess your odds of getting better looking ones increases.

How are you learning Vietnamese so far, man? Do you have any girls you're close enough with that you could practice on? If you can switch to Vietnamese for an hour or two at a time when you're hanging out with a regular, it'll go a long way. Girls usually are really into it when you try to learn their language, too, I expect you'll receive a positive response for even trivial efforts.
@Ameri

Quote:Once I could run social circle game and start talking to more normal sorts of girls, it led to a massive increase in quality of girls I could date, at least for me.

Well, you are increasing your pool of women by 80%. That is a massive amount of additional options for you. So, not surprising your quality would make a significant jump. 

Quote:Pretty interesting stuff, here. There's definitely some correlation between rich background and looks everywhere, but do a lot of the better off girls in Vietnam speak English? If you hung out in an upper class area, can the rank and file speak English there?

Pretty much all rich girls can speak English. They went to exclusive private schools and will attend the best Universities in VN or study abroad. If you go to RMIT University in D7 and approach girls, nearly all of them will speak English and well at that. This is pretty universal. Well off families want their kids well educated and keeping up with the Jones's. Cant tell your neighbor your kid goes to a public school when their kid is going to the best private school in the city being taught a Western curriculum with western teachers. 

This bigger issue in rich areas is 1. are the girls single 2. do they want to be approached by strange foreign men

Even if girls can speak English, if she is hot, she probably has a bf and or shy and not accustom to random men approaching her in public and she will likely hit the eject button. 

Guys with the biggest social circles usually have the best talent for all these reasons. 

Even the B level Universities will have solid number of English speakers. Very popular for girls to study English, Business English and Hospitality/Tourism. 

I find girls who go to proper Universities speak bare minimum some to a decent amount of English (middle class+). 

The girls I find who dont speak any English are the ones who never went to University. The ones you find working in the phone shops, in the nail/hair saloons, skin care/beauty places etc A lot of hots ones too. I always see some really nice girls in the phone stores with their sexy tight skirts. Or also the poor really hot countryside girls who come to the city looking to find a guy to provide / take care of them. 

Quote:How are you learning Vietnamese so far, man? Do you have any girls you're close enough with that you could practice on? If you can switch to Vietnamese for an hour or two at a time when you're hanging out with a regular, it'll go a long way. Girls usually are really into it when you try to learn their language, too, I expect you'll receive a positive response for even trivial efforts
Have student reports due this past week, just finished them last night. Havent been able to finish my guide yet. Hoping to get that thing finished in the next 7 days. Once that is complete go hard into studying it. I have tons of girls to practice with. 

If a guy combines speaking Vietnamese with day/street/cafe game his quality is gonna sky rocket. If you were to go to Walking Street at 8pm, holy shit there are a ton of girls to talk to.
Quote:Decided to stop fucking around with Vietnamese. Just way too much quality you are missing here to not learn basic conversational Vietnamese.

Ive always knew the best way to learn. I just never really thought about the order and specifics of it. Finally did it and got a solid idea in place and will be dropping it in 1-2 weeks time.

My goal is to be able to go out on dates with girls with zero english in 3 months.

Dash, haven't you been saying something along the lines of "I'm going to start learning Vietnamese" for the past 2 or 3 years now, going back to when you were living in Korea and posting on the Naughty Nomad forum...?
(03-14-2019, 04:53 AM)Cliff Wrote:
Quote:Decided to stop fucking around with Vietnamese. Just way too much quality you are missing here to not learn basic conversational Vietnamese.

Dash, haven't you been saying something along the lines of "I'm going to start learning Vietnamese" for the past 2 or 3 years now, going back to when you were living in Korea and posting on the Naughty Nomad forum...?

Ive said it a few times. But you don't actually realize the importance of it until you been here awhile. 

Especially for someone like me who is looking for a wife. I am super picky and its just hard as fuck without any language barriers, so I can not be having that also severely hampering me. 

I am dead serious this time. The guide + audio will be completed and uploaded here in 2 weeks time. Promise you that.
(03-14-2019, 06:57 AM)Dash Wrote: Especially for someone like me who is looking for a wife. I am super picky and its just hard as fuck without any language barriers, so I can not be having that also severely hampering me. 
You've probably already mentioned this already... but is there any reason in particular you chose Vietnam to find a wife? Why not somewhere in Latin America or elsewhere in Asia?
(03-16-2019, 04:50 PM)mike Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 06:57 AM)Dash Wrote: Especially for someone like me who is looking for a wife. I am super picky and its just hard as fuck without any language barriers, so I can not be having that also severely hampering me. 
You've probably already mentioned this already... but is there any reason in particular you chose Vietnam to find a wife? Why not somewhere in Latin America or elsewhere in Asia?

Latin women are similar to Filipinas. They are for fun and partying (generally). Divorce and cheating is rampant within the Latin community. I trust a Vietnamese woman much more than a Latin woman or Pinay. 

Vietnamese women are known as some of the most traditional loyal faithful women on the planet.