The Vietnam Thread
This was published today:

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/travel-life...87422.html

Best Vietnamese schools in HCM. Chime in if you have an opinion Smile
The landlord just brought me to the other apartment wing that is still under construction. It's view is insane. All of D1 (bitexco tower etc) and the river. He said I can have 1st dibs on the units there when it gets completed. He also brought me up to the rooftop where they will put a BBQ, pool, cafe, terrace and game room. Shit is going to be amazing when it gets completed. All that for 350 dollars. This guy told me he is/was one of the biggest building contractors in Vietnam. Bought this penthouse unit and didn't even do anything with it for a few years. Then finally decided to turn the penthouse into a co-living type place with individual units. Some with kitchen some without. 6-8 million vnd.

Thinking I will for sure stay in Vietnam another year assuming work is going smooth.
(12-19-2017, 10:30 AM)Dash Wrote: The landlord just brought me to the other apartment wing that is still under construction. It's view is insane. All of D1 (bitexco tower etc) and the river. He said I can have 1st dibs on the units there when it gets completed. He also brought me up to the rooftop where they will put a BBQ, pool, cafe, terrace and game room. Shit is going to be amazing when it gets completed. All that for 350 dollars. This guy told me he is/was one of the biggest building contractors in Vietnam. Bought this penthouse unit and didn't even do anything with it for a few years. Then finally decided to turn the penthouse into a co-living type place with individual units. Some with kitchen some without. 6-8 million vnd.

Thinking I will for sure stay in Vietnam another year assuming work is going smooth.

Reading this while I am freezing my ass in my apartment in China is painful. Sounds awesome!
Dash take pics once you are settled. I'd like to see it.
I really like district 7. Has the best park (lake park to boot) right next to the best mall in Saigon (Cresent Mall). Great place to go relax in the evening and at night. 

Here is a pic of the place I moved into. 

[Image: Xbvt3Ei.jpg]

[Image: wCdMvTI.jpg]
That place looks amazing, and in a great location for long term living. How did you find it? online? walk around?
I don;t know if it has mentioned, haven't seen it, but how does one find an apartment in Vietnam?
I know you said you're close to D1, but isn't D7 still kind of far from everything?
D7 goes down far. So if you are at the bottom you are far from things ie 35-50 minutes (Belleza Apartments for example). If you are at the top you are mid range to everything ie 15-20 minutes. Took me 18 minutes to get to my work in D1 compared to the 15 it took me from D10.
Does anyone have the contact and address for a reliable and cheap scooter rental in HMC for 2 weeks? What is the price range?
fb groups - 30-50 dollars for 1 month rental + deposit matching 1 month's rent
50 dollars a month for that?!?! You can't even get a roach motel for that price a night in the states.

Talk about a good deal
50 dollars was for the motorbike rental Marky was asking about.

The room I am renting costs 350.
(12-19-2017, 06:16 PM)Dash Wrote: I really like district 7. Has the best park (lake park to boot) right next to the best mall in Saigon (Cresent Mall). Great place to go relax in the evening and at night. 

Here is a pic of the place I moved into. 

It sounds pretty nice and at $350 it seems like a deal.  I wasn't even thinking about D7 because of how far it is, but I'll give it a look now.
(12-20-2017, 01:09 PM)Dash Wrote: fb groups - 30-50 dollars for 1 month rental + deposit matching 1 month's rent
Hi Dash,
Is this the FB group you were talking about? 
https://www.facebook.com/rentascooterinsaigon/
No, i mean the expat groups

ie

Expats in Ho Chi Minh City

Expats Saigon

Expats & Locals in Ho Chi Minh City

etc etc.
Still a great deal, $350 wouldn't buy you a closet in the states haha
Just got back from Nha Trang. Picked the wrong time to go. It was chilly and overcast the entire time. Didn't even do a damn thing besides go outside to eat. Waste of money.

Fuck load of Russians there. Never seen so many in my life. Even the signs in the city have Russian to accommodate all of them. Most are couples or families though. Also a lot of Chinese.
Funny story from last night. About 3am I come across a girls profile which says she is materialistic. I message her and tell her that is a bad trait. I continue to give her shit then out of the blue she says she sometimes needs a one night stand. I said ok, come over. She tells me to come pick her up and go to a hotel in D1. She stays in D4 so like 5 minutes from me. I do not plan to go to any hotel. Once I arrive to pick her up I tell her my home is 5 minutes away and to just go there. She reluctantly agrees. Take her home, fuck her and she leaves. So fast lol. Messaged her at 3am. Pick her up at 3:30am. She goes home at 4:30am. She made me put on a condom and I was unable to bust. Fml. Still fun though.
Hey guys, How is Tinder in Saigon? Better than Vietnam Cupid?
If you are very good looking guy then maybe. ie Model / Chad status.

If you are average to below average in appearance than Cupid is for sure better.

There is no reason why a guy shouldn't use both though.

I have a fake tinder profile of a Chad and while its doing better than my real one I expected better results.