Barbados
Anyone have any intel on Barbados?  I'm heading there on 5/27  for 5 days.
I've been around a year ago, also for 4-5 days. It was enough I'd say.

The best area to stay is Oistins, halfway between downtown Bridgetown and the airport. A bunch of homestays, AirBnBs, hotels are there. The seafront is a bit touristy, with knickknack salesmen and open air restaurants, but the vibe is not aggressive like in other similar tourist places. There's a beach nearby, but I thought the St-Lawrence beach (to the west) was a bit better. More lively, more easily accessible, surrounded by bars and restaurants and food/drink vendors, and there are some cool-ass wrecks you can go snorkeling above.

Public transportation costs 2 bajan dollars (1 USD) no matter how far you go. A 500-m hop from your Oistins hotel to a fish n' chips place down the road? 2 BBD. A 1.5-hour bus trip to the Atlantic coast? Also 2 BBD.

Speaking of the Atlantic coast, I recommend going. It is very different than the Caribbean coast, much more quiet, few tourists, and it's a bunch of cliffs with turbid water instead of quiet beaches. There were a bunch of local families picnicking when I got there and I got treated to a lot of gin tonics and food.

My impression of Bridgetown itself (the only city in the country, and even then calling it a city is a bit of a euphemism) is that it is 1/4 a bunch of Canadian banks where people launder their money, 1/4 rundown harbor, and 1/2 sketchy ghetto. Not a very interesting place, though there are a few lively open-air bars that fire up in the early evening and it's a good place to pre-party.

I can't really give much intel about the nightlife. I was at the tail-end of a 5-month trip through South America and I was just ready to go home. I wasn't in a social mood that much and spent my evenings just sipping rum and gazing at the sunsets.

The rum is excellent and the hot sauces are world-class if you're into that sort of things. Very mustardy and pack a lot of flavors, without being overwhelming (if you have a tolerance/taste for that). I bought a lot to bring back with me.

Other things to know... hmmm... Zero language barrier except the strong accents of some people. Fairly developed, not much abject poverty except in some ghetto parts of Bridgetown. 100% of the population is of West African descent, so I hope you like black girls. It's not a cheapo destination, but you can still spend only $50-60 a day and be merry. I spent $35 on accommodation, and only a small handful of dollars on anything else, since the public transportation was so cheap and walking around and going to the beach was free.

I enjoyed Barbados a lot but liked Grenada (more low-key, more historical buildings, less pasty white tourists ruining the view) and Trinidad-n-Tobago (more variety, more occasions for debauchery) better.

Lemme know if you got more questions.
(05-23-2017, 07:04 AM)shalabadoo Wrote: I've been around a year ago, also for 4-5 days. It was enough I'd say.

The best area to stay is Oistins, halfway between downtown Bridgetown and the airport. A bunch of homestays, AirBnBs, hotels are there. The seafront is a bit touristy, with knickknack salesmen and open air restaurants, but the vibe is not aggressive like in other similar tourist places. There's a beach nearby, but I thought the St-Lawrence beach (to the west) was a bit better. More lively, more easily accessible, surrounded by bars and restaurants and food/drink vendors, and there are some cool-ass wrecks you can go snorkeling above.

Public transportation costs 2 bajan dollars (1 USD) no matter how far you go. A 500-m hop from your Oistins hotel to a fish n' chips place down the road? 2 BBD. A 1.5-hour bus trip to the Atlantic coast? Also 2 BBD.

Speaking of the Atlantic coast, I recommend going. It is very different than the Caribbean coast, much more quiet, few tourists, and it's a bunch of cliffs with turbid water instead of quiet beaches. There were a bunch of local families picnicking when I got there and I got treated to a lot of gin tonics and food.

My impression of Bridgetown itself (the only city in the country, and even then calling it a city is a bit of a euphemism) is that it is 1/4 a bunch of Canadian banks where people launder their money, 1/4 rundown harbor, and 1/2 sketchy ghetto. Not a very interesting place, though there are a few lively open-air bars that fire up in the early evening and it's a good place to pre-party.

I can't really give much intel about the nightlife. I was at the tail-end of a 5-month trip through South America and I was just ready to go home. I wasn't in a social mood that much and spent my evenings just sipping rum and gazing at the sunsets.

The rum is excellent and the hot sauces are world-class if you're into that sort of things. Very mustardy and pack a lot of flavors, without being overwhelming (if you have a tolerance/taste for that). I bought a lot to bring back with me.

Other things to know... hmmm... Zero language barrier except the strong accents of some people. Fairly developed, not much abject poverty except in some ghetto parts of Bridgetown. 100% of the population is of West African descent, so I hope you like black girls. It's not a cheapo destination, but you can still spend only $50-60 a day and be merry. I spent $35 on accommodation, and only a small handful of dollars on anything else, since the public transportation was so cheap and walking around and going to the beach was free.

I enjoyed Barbados a lot but liked Grenada (more low-key, more historical buildings, less pasty white tourists ruining the view) and Trinidad-n-Tobago (more variety, more occasions for debauchery) better.

Lemme know if you got more questions.

Thank for the info man. I am staying close to Oistin. My friend has a house there and a car so he is gonna show me around. Did you go to Holetown or St falls church?
Not that I remember of. Maybe... it's a tiny-ass country, kinda weird to be able to wake up around 9, fuck around reading news on the phone in bed, have breakfast, travel to the other shore of the island and be back in the afternoon!
(05-25-2017, 07:47 AM)shalabadoo Wrote: Not that I remember of. Maybe... it's a tiny-ass country, kinda weird to be able to wake up around 9, fuck around the reading news on the phone in bed, have breakfast, travel to the other shore of the island and be back in the afternoon!

I'm back from Barbados. Decent trip. I probably wouldn't go back. The food was really good. I'm not into black or white chicks. The few Asians I met were really young. 

Barbados is a lot more ghetto than I had expected. It was mostly dudes trying to sell me black girls,  weed and cocaine.  The beaches are amazing though rivaling SEA beaches.  Tinder is a no go there for the most part. Somebody told me to try POF there but I did not.
@ traveltothemax So no lays? Or any good stories from your trip?
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
(06-10-2017, 09:14 PM)20Nation Wrote: @ traveltothemax So no lays? Or any good stories from your trip?

Banged an 18 year old Barbadian that I met at a club. She wasn't that hot but had huge tits. My logistics weren't great because I stayed with a friend part of the time thinking we would have his place to ourselves only to find his retired mother was staying there at the time. Can't be cheap when it comes to having a place to bang chicks.  

You definitely can pick up chicks here during night game as there were some pretty hot white foreign ones who seemed receptive.  The time of year matters as it was the end of high season and that means tourist disapear,  and it's tougher to find a packed club or bar. I actually had chicks approaching me at some clubs because I was one of few pretty decent looking white guy in a pool of black dudes. 

The only real story I have is that my buddy was so wasted (had about 15 beers and 15 rum and cokes)   he bought what he thought was some yao from shady dude and took it right there on the spot in the middle of a busy street.  The next night the same shady black dude saw us and said where's your super fucked up friend, I want to sell him some baking power again lol. 

All and all it seems like a chill place but you need to have an apartment close to the action in the south,  and you need to be good with game.