The Thailand Thread
(01-12-2020, 03:33 AM)laowhy86 Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 09:54 AM)Phil Wrote: Hey,

what's up guys!

Having spend the month of December 2019 in Bangkok, I wanted to give you guys a quick update and share some of my thoughts on the city. As Bangkok has become rather popular, I wasn't sure what think of it and tried it out myself. I've also met up with some other forum guys which really helped.

- Overall, I had a blast and managed to hook up with tons of local women. It's taken a bit of time to though to figure things out.

-  In general, I'd recommend to keep away from the entire Soi 11 street. It's been infested with hookers and it's been tiring having to grind through a bunch of hookers sometimes to find a local girl that isn't faking her attention. Even though you ask them for their job, they often won't tell you and want to hook your first emotionally, so that end up spending money on them. A few things to look for are whether she has been on expensive locations, has a half-naked smartphone desktop wallpaper, expensive hand bag, mini-skirt, breast implants, nose surgery, whether she is alone on the bar smiling, whether she is on her own... If any of that is the case, don't waste your time and continue. Shoring hasn't worked for me at all... I spend three hours on a girl one night, dancing, talking, just for her to ask for money when it was time to go home.

Avoid Mix Club, Insanity, Levels, Oscar Bar.

- Instead focus on the Ladies nights and more local parties/events outside of Soi 11. Here are some examples:

Monday/Tuesday: Brick Bar & Bar Next Door on Kaosan Road
Wednesday: Club at Koi Ladies Night
Thursday: Sing Sing Theater Ladies Night / Route 66
Friday: Demo Club / Babyface (Had a blast there and was literally the only foreigher in the entire club)
Saturday: Anywhere really

Sugar club is usually where people go after other clubs close at 2pm. However, I've mixed feelings about it. I have gone there 4-5 times and didn't have the best time overall. It's now a bit overrun with tourist and lots of other western good looking guys. Girls can have a rather bitchy attitude when you approach them and they tend to be very picky there.

Also, everybody usually heads to Terminal G after sugar clubs and other late night clubs close. I've had some success at pulling there, but it hasnt been easy, and you run into the same problem with hookers, I've seen more than 50% of the girls there be hookers, which was super annoying. But also pulled on the cutest chicks from there. I would recommend going there a bit earlier than 4am, as there will still be some local girls who aren't hookers.

Easily the most success I have had with clubs outside of the touristy Soi11. Such as Singsing, Club at Koi and Babyface. My entire strategy there was to slowly walk through the club or stand at the bar and simply look for eye contact, smile back and then approach the girl. It will be harder to close the deal at 100% local clubs like Demo or Babyface, with Sing-Sing or Club at Koi however you should be able to pull easily if you have decent game. With the more local clubs go for their line IDs and text them later or the next day. The quality you will get here will be much higher than other places. Even though many Thai girls wont speak English or will be with groups of other Thai people or are not interested in you, there is always that 10% of Thai girls who are very much into Western guys. And that's really all you need.

Also very important: Make sure to dress well and not like a sloppy backpacker, but rather with a well-fitting white long-sleeve shirt and cool chelsea boots to stand out.

Daygame hasnt worked well for me at all due to the low English levels there. At Kaosan road is was better than at Terminal21 or Siam Mall.

Tinder worked very well in Bangkok, too. Altough it's tough to get a response from the really attractive women. But if you have a great optimized online profile, this might actually be all it takes. I've managed to go home with every single Tinder girl I was on a date with. So you chances of hooking up will be very high. Photoshopped images of the women can be a problem, too. Oh, and make sure she isn't a ladyboy. Had that happen to me as well, even though my ladyboy radar is rather advanced at this pointWink

Hope that helps some of you guys out.

Good write up man, I'm currently sitting waiting for my Thai Visa to process but if all goes well I'll be there till February. Been a while since I've seen worthwhile info for Thailand, but I'm still curious about a thing or two. So I'm a western black dude with a taste for lighter skinned gals, Thai or otherwise, did you encounter many honeys of the lighter variety, specifically around Khao San, as that's where I'll be staying? Next thing is, did you hit any strip clubs while you were there, if so what were they like and what's your recommendation. Did you wander out to anywhere else besides Bangkok, like Phuket or Pattaya?

Hey man, my main focus were thai women and I didn't see too many white girls in Bangkok at all. Definetly not at any of the clubs. You might be lucky to score at Kaosan road, but the western women I've talked to were really off-putting with their western attitude. I've met some cute russian girl here on Ko Phangan though. 

Went to a strip club in Soi Cowboy once to see a ping pong show (which was actually rather funny) but otherwise stuck to regular nightclubs. Didnt really want to see Pattaya, but went to Ko Samet next to it with a cute girl I met in Bangkok...
Right. On the shuttle to HangZhou international, this time tonight I'll be in Bangkok. Gonna ride slow the first two nights, then see what I can discover going into the weekend.

I heard mention of Hip-Hop and R&B clubs a while back but can't find names, anyone got a list of some of those spots? Or Should I just beat about on RCA for the evening and see what I can find?
(01-14-2020, 05:55 AM)laowhy86 Wrote: Right. On the shuttle to HangZhou international, this time tonight I'll be in Bangkok. Gonna ride slow the first two nights, then see what I can discover going into the weekend.

I heard mention of Hip-Hop and R&B clubs a while back but can't find names, anyone got a list of some of those spots? Or Should I just beat about on RCA for the evening and see what I can find?

Currently the best clubs for Hip Hop (in no particular order): Sugar Club (only gets full at 2am and closes around 4am, lots of black guys inside), Penta Club, Route66 (the main room) and Sway. As a black guy you will stand out more in Sway and Route66. Those are also the two hip-hop clubs with the highest density of light-skinned girls (Route66 has lots of Korean and Chinese tourists, Sway mostly has local Thais). The Club at Koi and Sing Sing also play hip-hop but not everyday. Demo (right next to Sway) has a hip-hop area called Dirty Bar, but it's extremely crowded on weekends. Best to check the Instagram of all the clubs I mentioned to find out more. There's also a lounge called Bafros that caters to black people. Never been but might be worth checking out. It's very close to Sugar Club.

On Khaosan Road, the two most popular bars that play Hip Hop are Golf Bar (yellow sign, opposite of D&D Inn Hotel) and Rocco's Bar (near Buddy Lodge Hotel, almost at the end of the road). Both bars have easy girls but hard to find really good looking girls. I believe Bar Next Door also plays Hip Hop. Haven't been there in a long time but last time I went there it was pretty good.

Strip clubs: Nana Plaza has much better looking girls than Soi Cowboy.
Awesome info Bateman. I will be in Bangkok next week. Cheers
Recently just got back from Thailand, only a 2.5 week trip however as I have a 9-5 wageslave job at the moment.

I spent around a week in Bangkok and around a week on Koh Lanta. On Koh Lanta I didn't really try and game just went snorkeling, hit the beach etc.

In Bangkok managed to get 2 girls from khao san road and 1 girl from Tinder.I think Khao san road is good if you want both thais and western girls.

All the girls were thai. I ended up seeing the girl from tinder a few times as she wanted to see me more and I thought why not, she even stayed at my hotel for a couple of nights

I hate to say it but tinder is good as you get to interact with girls you wouldn't normally meet while there but are interested in meeting a foreigner.

One night I went with a friend to Nana plaza and soi cowboy to see the shows etc .I wouldnt really want to do this more than one night as once you've seen a ping pong show once you don't need to see it again.
Also id go with a friend because these places are just p4p spots so if you'e on your own you'll get hassled by girls trying to get you to buy them a drink/ pay for their services.

However if you get the chance I'd go as these places are crazy
(01-18-2020, 12:44 PM)tylerdurden19933 Wrote: Recently just got back from Thailand, only a 2.5 week trip however as I have a 9-5 wageslave job at the moment.

I spent around a week in Bangkok and around a week on Koh Lanta. On Koh Lanta I didn't really try and game just went snorkeling, hit the beach etc.

In Bangkok managed to get 2 girls from khao san road and 1 girl from Tinder.I think Khao san road is good if you want both thais and western girls.

All the girls were thai. I ended up seeing the girl from tinder a few times as she wanted to see me more and I thought why not, she even stayed at my hotel for a couple of nights

I hate to say it but tinder is good as you get to interact with girls you wouldn't normally meet while there but are interested in meeting a foreigner.

One night I went with a friend to Nana plaza and soi cowboy to see the shows etc .I wouldnt really want to do this more than one night as once you've seen a ping pong show once you don't need to see it again.
Also id go with a friend because these places are just p4p spots so if you'e on your own you'll get hassled by girls trying to get you to buy them a drink/ pay for their services.

However if you get the chance I'd go as these places are crazy

What was your approach to Khaosan, did you hit up randoms on the Street or was it a tinder pull? So far I've blown out quite a bit, got one half ass grind from a Russian who was likely on something from the way she wobbled, not much play beyond that though. Tinder is down due to too much location spoofing it seems so I don't have that either.
Quote:What was your approach to Khaosan, did you hit up randoms on the Street or was it a tinder pull? So far I've blown out quite a bit, got one half ass grind from a Russian who was likely on something from the way she wobbled, not much play beyond that though. Tinder is down due to too much location spoofing it seems so I don't have that either.

For the girl from Khaosan Road I met some other travellers in a bar on the rambrutti road and got talking/drinking which got me in a social mood. In the end me and two of them head to khaosan road. Me, a german girl and a danish guy, we get to khaosan road and find a bar and start talking to a mixed group of thais. I think the german girl was in to me but the danish guy was on her like a limpet for the whole night. So I started talking to this thai girl who was in to me while also being social with the group. Anyway I got her line and met up with her a couple of nights later in the same bar on Khaosan. Eventually bought her back to my hotel that night.

In my opinion the thing to do especially when running solo is to try and talk to everyone, mixed groups etc. I found khaosan road not to be like the west as everyone is laid back and willing to chat and make friends which makes it easy to be cool with social circles.
Hitting up Thailand on the 14th Feb for two weeks. Planning to spend 3-4 nights in Bangkok, then heading down to the islands for a few nights, then back to Bangkok for a week or so. Let me know if any of you guys wanna meet up.
My first stint in Bangkok is wrapping up, so I thought I'd share some thoughts on it here.

At least in 2020, I honestly consider this to be one of the more comfortable cities to settle in that I've ever been to. I'm not saying things work the best in Bangkok, but I do think enough works for what you get in return. The best I can compare this to right now is Manila. I found myself believing every day convenience was of much higher quality in Bangkok considering dudes go to these cities for similar reasons. There's a ton of white people though. I expected that going in but I've been to a handful of Asian metropolises now. By far the most white people in Bangkok of those.

As for nightclubs, I'm not a huge club guy so I was more minimal here compared to some of the other posters. I did check out three clubs. The first was Club at Koi. I'm not sure who said this is a local club, but it definitely wasn't for Ladies Night when I was there. This was actually the spot I saw the most white and black people. Nevertheless, I did get a couple of good leads here that resulted in notches. The other two clubs I went to were Babyface and Route 66. I'm personally not a fan of Babyface at all. It is an all local scene, but I tend to strongly dislike the heavy table set-ups in clubs. Babyface is this, and it hurts my style of solo club game a lot. Route 66 I liked. By far the most room to move around of these three clubs, and even has a small dancefloor section. What's interesting here is that they had a room for western style music and another for Asian karaoke style music. Ended up on a date with a foreign girl I met from here. Oh PS, Route 66 has the strongest drinks for the cheapest price of these. 200 baht mixed drinks vs. 300 in the other two, and they don't hold back on the liquor.

I spent more time on dates than trying to pick up at clubs. Clubs were really more like a job for me to try and get leads for dates or to take out the same night if I got lucky. I think about 75% of the girls I went out with were from online, 25% from the clubs. Most of online was from Tinder, but I got one from ThaiFriendly and DIA too. I had work and personal situations to take care of, so not all of my days were spent trying to get new girls. One other thing, before I got here I was more adamant about sticking to Thai girls, but I'm starting to take that back. I think there's a decent market for foreign girls here, one of the more diverse areas I've seen actually. I think about 1/3 of the girls I met were foreign including an American, Filipina, Hong Kong, and Lebanese.

I'm not sure what to make of Thai girls. Not many I met made a strong impression on me like Filipinas did, but I think I underestimated the language gap or I just need more time here to crack the code a bit more. I did get with a handful of Thai girls, but I felt like it was harder to make any sort of connection to most.

I've been wanting to check out Bangkok for years, and I have heard by many it's a great city ever since I went out to Manila. It may arguably be my new favorite. I'm taking a break for now, but I have a feeling I'll make another stop in Bangkok in the near future.
Interesting analysis. I don't think Manila and Bangkok compare well at all.

Bangkok
Great food, in every way its a great food destination, from convenience store food, to mall food courts, to dinning out, and there's really a plethora of options for every budget everywhere you go. And good enough food quality/cleanliness standards.

Great metro system, clean, efficient and modern. BKK Airport is my favorite airport and I actually enjoy going through it, once you get downstairs you can grab a good cheap meal, a big 40bhat iced coffee and water at 711, and then jump on a train for I think 45bhat and be in Bangkok in 30 minutes.

Great public parks and green spaces. It doesn't compare to Europe, but it's good enough when you want to stretch out, walk around and feel like your not trapped in a giant city.

And its a great city for dating, you have Thai girls, other Asian ethnicities, and the white girls in bkk are the most receptive I've seen, very easy.

Manila I really have nothing good to say about. Food sucks, getting around the city absolutely sucks, practically no parks or green spaces. Girls, I honestly prefer the girls from other parts of the Philippines, and beyond that, girls in BKK or HCMC are much better.
(03-01-2020, 12:16 PM)yankeetravels Wrote: I'm not sure what to make of Thai girls. Not many I met made a strong impression on me like Filipinas did, but I think I underestimated the language gap or I just need more time here to crack the code a bit more. I did get with a handful of Thai girls, but I felt like it was harder to make any sort of connection to most.

I'd be really curious to hear about this from guys who've spent longer periods of time in Thailand, too.

I've done a couple of medium length trips to the country (3-4 weeks) and been with a few Thai girls. I've found they can be comparatively hot, comparatively easy, and have great little bodies on them... but I've also never once managed to have a proper emotional or intellectual connection with one. I would hazard a guess that its more the cultural barrier more than the language gap, because I've been with girls from more culturally European developing countries like Brazil who had bad English who I still had way more of a connection with.

Has anyone been in a successful long term relationship with a local?
Filipinas, compared to other Asians, are very passionate, irrational, emotional and impulsive. Thais are generally more reserved and ridged like the rest of Asia. Thai girls ive been in mini relationships with but never really formed a strong emotional connection, whereas filipinas will become very emotional and force that kind of connection early on. Thai girls are also higher maintenance and finicky but still much easier to deal with compared to western girls.
I also wonder the same thing
Just one comment about Khaosan Road: 

I was in BKK about 2 years go for 5 months. I definitely had a great time. Before I went to BKK I read quite a lot about the city, also about Khaosan Road. It's good place to have fun for sure, but it was quite different than what I had expected. If you've never been to BKK, one big thing you have to be aware of is that Khaosan Road is an extremely low-IQ & poor taste place. When I was there, I actively had to bring myself into a mental state that I could stand this environment. Once you achieve that, you can definitely have fun. 

When in Khaosan Road, it's important to be in a social mood and talk to many people, as was mentioned above. But just be aware that 99% of the people there are complete losers with shitty jobs and below-average intelligence. The music in the bars and clubs is absolutely horrible. And most people dress like shit. You have to be able to tune all that shit out in order to have fun. For me it was not easy. I did hook up with some pretty hot Thai girls from there, so in that respect it paid off. But I didn't expect that it would be so hard to deal with that environment psychologically before I went there. That's just something to keep in mind.
Forgot to write about bangkok over the holidays.

Only had 2 nights and went to KS road for the 1st time.

Lots of targets around. I was with my sister and her husband so I didn't try and pull.

I had 1 average single mom Thai agree to come to my hotel. Should have just went out that night and try to get something better, but had an early flight so took the easy sure thing I could get done with quickly.
Hey guys, I'm a younger dude normally based in China, but am in Bangkok for the next two weeks or so getting my passport renewed. Got out of China just as shit was hitting the fan over a month ago, but it looks like a lot of places in China are rebounding nicely, so I'll probably be headed back by late this month.

I've been in Thailand for over a month, with some time in Vietnam mixed in there. Haven't gone out much as I've been in two different mini-relationships with quality girls, and at one point these two managed to overlap together with seeing a Thai girl I knew from China (had to be careful this didn't blow up in my face). Have to agree with Phil that much of the Soi 11 area is infested with hookers, went to Levels two weeks ago around 11pm (too early?), and it was legit 80% hookers. Khao San Road still provides good bang for the buck, but game definitely needs to be dumbed down a little bit there to match the atmosphere.

Also checked out the Phi Phi Islands and Koh Pha-ngan for the full moon party. The islands in general are pretty good if you're looking to snipe white girls (personally not my cup of tea). Phi Phi Don is bumping every night on the beach in front of Slinky's and Blanco. Would probably be better to spend a little extra for a bungalow instead of a hostel though, I got cockblocked trying to bring a girl back, they said they'd fine me 5000 baht if she slept over.

Full moon party was a bit overrated tbh, just a giant mosh pit on the beach that's pretty fun until the later hours when people start blacking out, girls get tired and go home, and it just becomes a cockfest. Definitely better to strike a bit earlier there, I was with one of my mini-relationship girls and another girl, and the desperation from so many dudes after-hours was almost comical. The other issue is unless you book accommodation at least a week in advance, you'll probably be staying at least a 20-30 minute drive from the action, not fun when you're bouncing up and down crammed in the back of one of those truck taxis, and not ideal for the type of quick-strike game that is often needed here. Alternatively you can tell girls to come "explore" the big boulders on the right edge of the beach that are very well hidden from view.....

If anyone is in Bangkok the next two weeks, I'm down to meet up for lunch, or maybe a night out or two. For the most part am trying to cut down on the partying though and get back in solid shape.
天不怕,地不怕,只怕外国人说中国话!
@dafeiji thats a nice report man.
Hows the virus situation in both these places?Vietnam and Bangkok, which city were you in Vietnam?
Also did you like/prefer Bangkok or Vietnam more ?
I really like Vietnam (ho Chi Minh) allot of quality girls there, had a couple mini relationships there (but it also has slumrats allot if you are doing online, which is normal in most of Asia I guess)
Bangkok I haven't been for long time only when I was a teen with no game, so perhaps I should hit it up now. But I'm hearing mixed reviews about Bangkok now a days.
Phuket is nice with all the islands it best to go there with a girl already. Quality of girls is big trash unless you're into other foreigners and tourists then it can work. Phuket has a decent night life too
What's the return on investment for learning thai? I like spending time there but feel the return on investment may be better in somewhere like Vietnam, where English hasn't penetrated.
lmk if you have any questions man
(03-09-2020, 12:29 PM)churros Wrote: What's the return on investment for learning thai? I like spending time there but feel the return on investment may be better in somewhere like Vietnam, where English hasn't penetrated.

I think Thai is pretty easy to learn. It's tonal, but if you learn to say phrases, you can get away without being perfect with your tones. I've gotten laid just for my ability to open girls in Thai, even though my vocabulary is probably only around 400 or 500 words. Beyond that, I'd say the ROI would be that (1) Thai is compatible with Lao and has vocabulary similarities to Khmai, and (2) you'd be able to converse in a language that's not exclusive to a realm governed by a communist dictatorship (Yes, I'd take the Thai monarcho-military dictatorship over Vietnamese communism). 

Vietnamese also seems way more difficult.
If you're going to put in all the effort to learn an Asian language, I'd say Mandarin is the best option. You can use it in Mainland China as well as Taiwan, and perhaps get some mileage out of it in Malaysia and Singapore and in Chinese communities throughout the world.