The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics)
if anyone has a coldcard, be sure to update to the latest 3.0.2 firmware asap. Shiftcrypt just identified a vulnerability in their software that allows adversaries to perform a ransomware attack remotely, even if it is air-gapped. I just bought a shiftcrypt bitcoin only hardware wallet to support them as NVK handled the security disclosure very poorly and tried not to give them attribution for it.

https://shiftcrypto.ch/bitbox02/BitBox02...asheet.pdf

Looks pretty slick I must say.
I guess that I just like charts and graphs of varying colors because I am not even sure if I understand or agree with the below linked chart, but it still looks nice.

https://twitter.com/ElCryptoChief/status...9484759040

[Image: EIXKBumXUAA0F5c?format=png&name=small]
that chart makes no sense. enough with the charts man

bitmex accidentally doxxed their users by not bcc'ing omg how stupid
(11-03-2019, 05:56 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: that chart makes no sense. enough with the charts man

hahahahaha... 

I won't be ready, willing or able to stop the charts, graphs, diagrams or related infographics, especially the colorful ones.   Tongue

Yeah, I saw the bitmex e-mail mistake.  That is pretty lame for a custodian to make such basic error.
(11-03-2019, 06:07 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 05:56 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: that chart makes no sense. enough with the charts man

hahahahaha... 

I won't be ready, willing or able to stop the charts, graphs, diagrams or related infographics, especially the colorful ones.   Tongue

Yeah, I saw the bitmex e-mail mistake.  That is pretty lame for a custodian to make such basic error.

truly incompetent. glad I never used that site but I feel for the people that did. their privacy is now compromised and people know they were in some way involved with bitcoin. especially the people that used their real names in their emails, some edu accounts from top universities were in it.
Wow this one guy had 113btc in a hot wallet related to the email leak that got hacked.
(11-03-2019, 07:25 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: Wow this one guy had 113btc in a hot wallet related to the email leak that got hacked.

Link or it didn't happen.

Tongue
(11-03-2019, 10:42 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 07:25 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: Wow this one guy had 113btc in a hot wallet related to the email leak that got hacked.

Tongue

https://twitter.com/ameero1/status/11902...52768?s=21
(11-03-2019, 11:20 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:

Tongue

Oh gawd.. .thanks for the link.

People do all kinds of weird things in terms of their security, and especially if they might think that it is not a BIG deal, it is only 1 bitcoin or less in the account, but hackers frequently ONLY need a few small pieces of information to then get into other accounts and then cross reference information, like a team of sophisticated systems that they have, and they really love crypto such as bitcoin for the irreversibility and pretty damned good liquidity... and then, move into mixers, and very hard to trace, not that any law enforcement is going to help you to trace what happened to your bitcoins, even if you have had $100s of thousands of dollars worth that were stolen.
(11-03-2019, 11:29 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:

Tongue

People do all kinds of weird things in terms of their security, and especially if they might think that it is not a BIG deal, it is only 1 bitcoin or less in the account, but hackers frequently ONLY need a few small pieces of information to then get into other accounts and then cross reference information, like a team of sophisticated systems that they have, and they really love crypto such as bitcoin for the irreversibility and pretty damned good liquidity... and then, move into mixers, and very hard to trace, not that any law enforcement is going to help you to trace what happened to your bitcoins, even if you have had $100s of thousands of dollars worth that were stolen.
Yeah it’s kind of crazy seeing the dark side of bitcoin. Once again more evidence that not your keys not your bitcoin.
(11-03-2019, 11:31 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:

Tongue

Yeah it’s kind of crazy seeing the dark side of bitcoin. Once again more evidence that not your keys not your bitcoin.

I suppose the hacking is a kind of darkside, which is also part of the complications of trying to maintain your own keys.  

We know that criminals (or even economically desperate people) might be tempted into resorting to a lot of illegality or immorality in order to have value transferred to them at a low cost, and surely systems of stealing money have developed around the new dynamics of magical internet money.  

Just think about how desperate that some poor people sometimes get, and they will kill someone on the street to take their cell phone or some thing like that, and if they learn a few internet skills, then sometimes, they are able to move their efforts into a less risky business... easier than our history of physical bank robbers too.

It can be very traumatizing to get hacked, and surely I lasted quite a while in bitcoin before my phone got sim-ported, in early 2017, and I caught the sim porting right in the early stages while it was happening, and while I was trying to resolve some of the issues by transferring my phone account back to me, the hacker called me on my cell phone (about two hours after they had first started hacking my accounts), and I knew that the hacker (subsequently revealed as a team) was fucking with me and likely even purposefully distracting me with a bullshit conversation that was proposing to stop the hacking if I were to agree to pay them, which of course, I rejected that offer  Apparently while one guy was talking bullshit with me on the phone another guy was hacking into my apple.com account in order to use "find my iphone" to disable my phone as being stolen... 

Anyhow, right in the middle of the conversation my phone went dead and some kind of message flashed up on the screen of my phone. It was a very similar to the message on the tweets in your above link.  The message said something like "got you sucker faggot" or something like that.  My phone was then dead for several weeks while I was trying to get my apple account back, and in those kinds of circumstances it surely is good to have back up accounts and back up phones because there is a certain sophistication and persistence, even when would get my phone account back then they would report my account, and it took several phone calls before my phone company would stop porting my phone over to them, but then once they get the number, there was nothing that the phone company could do to stop them from setting up other accounts in their name including authy and google authenticator.. which I also had to get reversed back to me.  Things that no normal person would really think about as even being a security hole... because once they have access to a few ways of identifying as you, then they can just reset passwords and withdraw value quickly, and sometimes account would not let you withdraw after changing your password, and then they would just trade the account into oblivion.. apparently having someone else on the other side of the trades.

Porting of sims in phones is still amongst the most popular and lucrative of hacker options, and sometimes if they get some account information  (such as bitmex e-mails) then they get your phone number from somewhere else, or some other piece of information.... they got you, and yeah, systems have been built around this, and it is likely NOT just a bitcoin thing, but instead an item of value that is going to lure the bad elements and even sometimes people who are otherwise good people might not do the right thing, if they are confronted with a situation of free money that someone with lax systems has given to them in a kind of untraceable way.
(11-04-2019, 12:02 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 11:31 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 10:42 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Link or it didn't happen.

Tongue

I suppose the hacking is a kind of darkside, which is also part of the complications of trying to maintain your own keys.  

We know that criminals (or even economically desperate people) might be tempted into resorting to a lot of illegality or immorality in order to have value transferred to them at a low cost, and surely systems of stealing money have developed around the new dynamics of magical internet money.  

Just think about how desperate that some poor people sometimes get, and they will kill someone on the street to take their cell phone or some thing like that, and if they learn a few internet skills, then sometimes, they are able to move their efforts into a less risky business... easier than our history of physical bank robbers too.

It can be very traumatizing to get hacked, and surely I lasted quite a while in bitcoin before my phone got sim-ported, in early 2017, and I caught the sim porting right in the early stages while it was happening, and while I was trying to resolve some of the issues by transferring my phone account back to me, the hacker called me on my cell phone (about two hours after they had first started hacking my accounts), and I knew that the hacker (subsequently revealed as a team) was fucking with me and likely even purposefully distracting me with a bullshit conversation that was proposing to stop the hacking if I were to agree to pay them, which of course, I rejected that offer  Apparently while one guy was talking bullshit with me on the phone another guy was hacking into my apple.com account in order to use "find my iphone" to disable my phone as being stolen... 

Anyhow, right in the middle of the conversation my phone went dead and some kind of message flashed up on the screen of my phone. It was a very similar to the message on the tweets in your above link.  The message said something like "got you sucker faggot" or something like that.  My phone was then dead for several weeks while I was trying to get my apple account back, and in those kinds of circumstances it surely is good to have back up accounts and back up phones because there is a certain sophistication and persistence, even when would get my phone account back then they would report my account, and it took several phone calls before my phone company would stop porting my phone over to them, but then once they get the number, there was nothing that the phone company could do to stop them from setting up other accounts in their name including authy and google authenticator.. which I also had to get reversed back to me.  Things that no normal person would really think about as even being a security hole... because once they have access to a few ways of identifying as you, then they can just reset passwords and withdraw value quickly, and sometimes account would not let you withdraw after changing your password, and then they would just trade the account into oblivion.. apparently having someone else on the other side of the trades.

Porting of sims in phones is still amongst the most popular and lucrative of hacker options, and sometimes if they get some account information  (such as bitmex e-mails) then they get your phone number from somewhere else, or some other piece of information.... they got you, and yeah, systems have been built around this, and it is likely NOT just a bitcoin thing, but instead an item of value that is going to lure the bad elements and even sometimes people who are otherwise good people might not do the right thing, if they are confronted with a situation of free money that someone with lax systems has given to them in a kind of untraceable way.

Yeah there are a lot of sketchy motherfuckers on the internet. Things are only going to get worse too, times are still relatively good. Just wait for some real blood in the streets. Now these hacks are a lot more significant because they are tied to a bearer asset that is pretty much impossible to recover once stolen. They definitely are not questioning whether or not it is money, that's for sure. These are all very basic hacks, people reusing compromised passwords across multiple exchanges, sms 2fa, storing coins on exchanges, etc. They aren't going to get cold storage or even mobile wallets.
https://10hoursofbitcoin.com

JW is the man.
Here's a link to a really ridiculous article that shows the level of dumbass desperation in certain circles of people who want to stay misinformed as fuck regarding what is going on in bitcoinlandia.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/one-whale...esearchers
Quote:“Simulations show that these patterns are highly unlikely to be due to chance. This one large player or entity either exhibited clairvoyant market timing or exerted an extremely large price impact on Bitcoin that is not observed in aggregate flows from other smaller traders.”

Also similar themes as previous nonsensical explanations regarding previous exponential price rises, like MTGOX caused the 2013 price rise...   Yeah, right...  Rolleyes

The themes of the article seems to be looking for gullible fucks, and people who want to be nocoiners for much longer than what is in their own best interest, who are going to lose the fuck out of the BIGGEST wealth transfer ever if they are believing either the one large player theory or any theory or explanation that is even close to that happening in terms of actual on the ground facts in bitcoinlandia.
Here's a link to a Forbes article that seems to want to exaggerate the significance of the Bitmex situation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambro...oblem/amp/

Of course, Forbes seems to be exaggerating the importance of exchanges in order to create some dramatic impact, but there are still some decent links within the article for any guy wanting to look into aspects of the Bitmex matter (or related matters) further.
(11-04-2019, 03:16 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Here's a link to a really ridiculous article that shows the level of dumbass desperation in certain circles of people who want to stay misinformed as fuck regarding what is going on in bitcoinlandia.

Quote:“Simulations show that these patterns are highly unlikely to be due to chance. This one large player or entity either exhibited clairvoyant market timing or exerted an extremely large price impact on Bitcoin that is not observed in aggregate flows from other smaller traders.”

Also similar themes as previous nonsensical explanations regarding previous exponential price rises, like MTGOX caused the 2013 price rise...   Yeah, right...  Rolleyes

The themes of the article seems to be looking for gullible fucks, and people who want to be nocoiners for much longer than what is in their own best interest, who are going to lose the fuck out of the BIGGEST wealth transfer ever if they are believing either the one large player theory or any theory or explanation that is even close to that happening in terms of actual on the ground facts in bitcoinlandia.

I'm at the point where I think most bearish stuff on bitcoin is because it is a direct threat to the failing status quo. They don't want people to have an escape chute.

(11-04-2019, 04:24 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Here's a link to a Forbes article that seems to want to exaggerate the significance of the Bitmex situation.

Of course, Forbes seems to be exaggerating the importance of exchanges in order to create some dramatic impact, but there are still some decent links within the article for any guy wanting to look into aspects of the Bitmex matter (or related matters) further.

It's certainly a big deal bro. These people are now added to a list forever. I'm glad it didn't effect the price though.  Big Grin
(11-04-2019, 06:16 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 03:16 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Here's a link to a really ridiculous article that shows the level of dumbass desperation in certain circles of people who want to stay misinformed as fuck regarding what is going on in bitcoinlandia.

I'm at the point where I think most bearish stuff on bitcoin is because it is a direct threat to the failing status quo. They don't want people to have an escape chute.

Yep. Of course, blocking various escape routes has frequently been a common tactic to motivate governments, and surely they have always had more difficulties to block rich folks and likely have been less motivated to block escape routes of rich folks because that is whom they usually represent (or can empathize with also wanting an escape route for themselves. Allowing poor peeps to have escape routes is another story - and definitely a fear.

(11-04-2019, 06:16 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 04:24 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Here's a link to a Forbes article that seems to want to exaggerate the significance of the Bitmex situation.

It's certainly a big deal bro. These people are now added to a list forever. I'm glad it didn't effect the price though.  Big Grin

Don't get me wrong, on a personal level the irresponsible actions of exchanges and fiduciaries surely has considerable impact on individuals affected, but this kind of sloppiness happens through regular custodians on a regular basis. I am merely suggesting that mainstream articles try to make things out to be BIGGER than they are, and surely bitcoin likely gives few shits about these kind of happenings... We are talking about the conduct of a third party, not bitcoin or any other crypto specifically.
Quote:You were engaging into some kind of high level jujitsu with your deletion of your earlier post?

I was in the middle of responding to your deleted post at the time that you deleted it, and it said that it had been posted for over three hours. 

I thought that there was no ability to edit or delete posts after they were an hour old (but you seemed to have proven the ability to delete a post that is more than an hour old).

You’re able to delete after the 1-hour window but not edit. Figured you hadn’t read and I had wanted to make my responses briefer, but whatever, my points still stand. Couldn't get a response out this weekend since I was mostly away.

I have more to say on proof of work but I'll do it at some other poin...

……...

Quote:Why would I need to know about something that does not matter?  You want to invest in that crap, then you better learn about it.  Go ahead.  Learn about it and take it somewhere else.  You are admitting that you are off topic by going on and on and on and on about something that is not bitcoin... and then proclaiming that I have some kind of need to know about the supposed capabilities of your shitcoin nonsense?

Believe me, If I had half my net worth in one asset, I would damn well know everything I could about that asset, from its individual pros and cons to industry trends, to its competitors and alternatives… regardless of whether or not I wanted to invest in them.

Not really knowing the basics about competitor projects seems pretty shortsighted, really. To each their own.

Quote:O.k..  If you don't like it, then don't buy bitcoin.  Go buy some other thing.  You already said that you don't buy bitcoin, so why you talking about all the things that it cannot do, and you are not really saying anything new, except characterizing these things as supposed problems.  What is your point?  You think that guys should not invest in bitcoin because of some of these supposed problems that are not really problems except that you say that they are?

The point, JJG, is that the lack of privacy features is one of Bitcoin’s many shortcomings and many will perceive it as so. It's clownish to deny an obvious weakness.

Not having privacy is a big obstacle for universal adoption, especially for hopeful neckbeards like swordy who are convinced that Bitcoin is going to somehow take over the world as the primary, dominant global currency.  Many are going to find that problematic since private transactions are a key feature of commerce. This limitation alone justifies the existence and value proposition of other coins and opens the door for relative market capture.

Quote:Bitcoin is doing fine, so I don't know what you are talking about when you are trying to suggest that it has the same kinds of scalability problems as ethereum.  You are just making shit up in order that you can attempt to put bitcoin in the same category as ethereum, which happens to be broken with fantasy fixes that have not even been implemented, yet.

[i]Good for you.  Relevance?[/i]

JJG, you’re a funny guy. If this Bitcoin thing doesn't work out, you could probably do comedy. Smile

First, do you really think 7 transactions per second is ‘just fine’ for a GLOBAL payment platform / reserve asset? This kind of performance is not acceptable at scale.

Second, you’re the one who brought up the comparative scalability of the Etheum v. Bitcoin... And then when presented with the straight facts, i.e. that Ethereum is CURRENTLY more scalable at all layers (Layer 1 + Layer 2), which I provided numerous links to (and could provide numerous more), you say I'm 'making shit up' because the outcome isn’t in Bitcoin’s favor.

Third, you declare Ethereum ‘broken’ but you don’t even know the very basics of what Ethereum is, leaving you with no basis for judging the brokenness of anything. I find it even more amusing when  you comment on the status of Ethereum 2.0 when, as usual, you have no clue about that either.

FWIW, Ethereum 2.0 chain and Ether coin holders can determine whether and when to cross from Eth 1 to Eth 2. This has been settled for months. And Eth 1.0 is not 'broken'... it will continuing executing the Eth 1.0 smart contracts within an execution environment inside of Eth 2.0.

You’re PoV on this is uninformed and contradictory, and you would do better to stick to Bitcoin only until you have a better idea of what you're talking about.

But I guess if you feel that Bitcoin is your king daddy then I can understand the sweaty desperation. Smile

Quote:You are not really talking much if anything interesting related to bitcoin in your recent posts here, especially since bitcoin has already been programmed to merely be sound money rather than allegedly "programmable" as if their were any advantage in that.  [Image: qzIoDeT6afC4BQ89Kc1M0OJlSOpr_diIexl4ItC-...jugq8urVBK]

If you're unable to  understand the advantages of programmable money via smart contracts then you’re incredibly out of touch. In fact, Bitcoin devs have even tried implementing smart contracts with projects like Rootstock, but of course, it’s gained negligible traction.  

Having a cryptocurrency WITH a platform on which decentralized applications can be built on top of and interact with one another, as Ethereum and various other projects do, creates a completely additional and unique value proposition that Bitcoin simply does not have (b/c you can only do peer 2 peer transfer).

As I've written, Bitcoin could retain its relevance and evolve into an alternative store of value gold-like commodity that remains censorship resistant. It still remains the chain on which the most value has been and can be transferred at a relatively minimal and could stay that way.

Or...because it’s not programmable, not truly private, painfully slow, has a questionable long-term security model, and shows very little hope of improving due to its glacial pace of development … it could end up like the Myspace or AltaVista search engine of crypto: a first-mover that failed to keep its market lead and got left behind. 

Quote:Yes.  Let them judge for themselves.  Now, run along billydingdong, and find yourself another thread for your little games and discussion about the so many great aspects of various shitcoins, including the degree to which they are way more programable than bitcoin.  

Nah, I’m good I’ll keep posting here.

Especially when you spread obviously false information about other projects that I happen to have knowledge of. I’ll keep it focused on Bitcoin, but you’re not the arbiter of what’s to be discussed here and that goes double when you’re the one mentioning the side topic.
By the way, billydingdong, your quoting skills suck.  I am presuming that all of your responses were to this post of mine, and I have attempted to add proper attribution.

(11-01-2019, 03:37 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: [my earlier post]

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 03:37 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: You were engaging into some kind of high level jujitsu with your deletion of your earlier post?

I was in the middle of responding to your deleted post at the time that you deleted it, and it said that it had been posted for over three hours. 

I thought that there was no ability to edit or delete posts after they were an hour old (but you seemed to have proven the ability to delete a post that is more than an hour old).

You’re able to delete after the 1-hour window but not edit. Figured you hadn’t read and I had wanted to make my responses briefer, but whatever, my points still stand. Couldn't get a response out this weekend since I was mostly away.

Fair enough.

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: I have more to say on proof of work but I'll do it at some other poin...

Given your already ongoing lame bullshit responses, I imagine that whatever you have to say about proof of work is so god damned inciteful and important, and the whole bitcoin world really needs to know about it.    Rolleyes

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: ……...

(11-01-2019, 03:37 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Why would I need to know about something that does not matter?  You want to invest in that crap, then you better learn about it.  Go ahead.  Learn about it and take it somewhere else.  You are admitting that you are off topic by going on and on and on and on about something that is not bitcoin... and then proclaiming that I have some kind of need to know about the supposed capabilities of your shitcoin nonsense?

Believe me, If I had half my net worth in one asset, I would damn well know everything I could about that asset, from its individual pros and cons to industry trends, to its competitors and alternatives… regardless of whether or not I wanted to invest in them.

Well good for you.  Aren't you just the most insightful of the due diligencia squad?  And, also more than willing ready and able to second guess the judgment of other guys?    Rolleyes   Also, known as ongoing employment of patronizing behaviors.

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Not really knowing the basics about competitor projects seems pretty shortsighted, really. To each their own.

That's right.  To each their own, especially when your motive seems to just be to engage in ongoing pumpening of bullshit in order to attempt to make it seem to be somewhat relevant to your ongoing insistence on posting nonrelevance, and maybe even engaging in whiteknightism since you seem to be striving to save some perhaps not yet known poor lil gullible hypothetical STW member from BTC bullish guys like me.  Get a fucking life billydingdong rather than engaging in ongoing lame whiteknighting efforts at saving bitcoiners from their selves.

(11-01-2019, 03:37 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: O.k..  If you don't like it, then don't buy bitcoin.  Go buy some other thing.  You already said that you don't buy bitcoin, so why you talking about all the things that it cannot do, and you are not really saying anything new, except characterizing these things as supposed problems.  What is your point?  You think that guys should not invest in bitcoin because of some of these supposed problems that are not really problems except that you say that they are?

The point, JJG, is that the lack of privacy features is one of Bitcoin’s many shortcomings and many will perceive it as so. It's clownish to deny an obvious weakness.

It's clownish to whine.  Bitcoin is what it is, and guys should attempt to use bitcoin in accordance to what it is.  If you want to change some aspect about it, then work on that aspect and make proposals to change it.  Do you believe that you are the first person to think of something like that, and you believe that there are not proposals and considerations about privacy that have already been batted around bitcoin pull request circles for nearly as long as bitcoin has been in existence?

You use it or invest in bitcoin to the extent that you believe that it is valuable, including whether its level of privacy features, as you know them, are pluses or minuses.

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Not having privacy is a big obstacle for universal adoption, especially for hopeful neckbeards like swordy who are convinced that Bitcoin is going to somehow take over the world as the primary, dominant global currency. 

I doubt that whatever the fuck level of privacy that bitcoin has is going to hinder either its adoption or its various ways to be employed to transfer value as much as you are making it out to be. Like I said, privacy or not, I am still able to send however the fuck much bitcoins that I want from an address that is in my control to any address that I want and no one is going to be able to stop me, and that sending can be as quickly as hitting a few buttons on a computer, or a phone or some other transmittal device including walkie talkies and old school devices like that, unless the stop attempter can stop me before I try to send it.. if that were to be part of some kind of less likely hypothetical scenario (anyhow I already know that you would love to hang your hat on some pie in the sky weirdo or even Armageddon unlikely scenario rather than what the fuck is really going on in actual bitcoinlandia).

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Many are going to find that problematic since private transactions are a key feature of commerce. This limitation alone justifies the existence and value proposition of other coins and opens the door for relative market capture.

Yeah right.    Rolleyes Bet how you will on other coins or against bitcoin or whatever with your bullshit exaggerated speculations concerning supposed BTC deficiencies.  

(11-01-2019, 03:37 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Bitcoin is doing fine, so I don't know what you are talking about when you are trying to suggest that it has the same kinds of scalability problems as ethereum.  You are just making shit up in order that you can attempt to put bitcoin in the same category as ethereum, which happens to be broken with fantasy fixes that have not even been implemented, yet.

[i]Good for you.  Relevance?[/i]

JJG, you’re a funny guy. If this Bitcoin thing doesn't work out, you could probably do comedy. Smile

Try to stay focused, billy...  Rolleyes

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: First, do you really think 7 transactions per second is ‘just fine’ for a GLOBAL payment platform / reserve asset? This kind of performance is not acceptable at scale.

Get the fuck out of here.  Bitcoin is doing fine.  Don't be trying to project your ethereum lack of scaling problems onto bitcoin.  There is no need to build the plane heavier than it needs to be to fly, otherwise we have a rock or a tank rather than a plane.

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Second, you’re the one who brought up the comparative scalability of the Etheum v. Bitcoin... And then when presented with the straight facts, i.e. that Ethereum is CURRENTLY more scalable at all layers (Layer 1 + Layer 2), which I provided numerous links to (and could provide numerous more), you say I'm 'making shit up' because the outcome isn’t in Bitcoin’s favor.

O.k... get the fuck out of here then and invest in your nonsense scam coin.  Your points are not relevant, but you keep making them over and over and over... Who cares about your shitcoin..?  Hardly anyone that is why you are cluttering this thread with you nonsense pumpening attempts rather than posting in some ethereum thread about how supposedly wonderful that crap is... and your actions show that even you, the STW ethereum pumpener, don't even believe your own bullshit... that is why you come here, continuing to try to get an audience.   Rolleyes

Third, you declare Ethereum ‘broken’ but you don’t even know the very basics of what Ethereum is, leaving you with no basis for judging the brokenness of anything. I find it even more amusing when  you comment on the status of Ethereum 2.0 when, as usual, you have no clue about that either.

I don't need to know anything about ethereum or ethereum 2.0 ... especially in this thread.  All I need to know, for the purpose of this thread, is how to say:  "ethereum (or eth 2.0) is a piece of shit." That is all I need to know.  Get real, fucktwat.. with your ongoing repetitive attempts to make irrelevance relevant..

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: FWIW, Ethereum 2.0 chain and Ether coin holders can determine whether and when to cross from Eth 1 to Eth 2. This has been settled for months. And Eth 1.0 is not 'broken'... it will continuing executing the Eth 1.0 smart contracts within an execution environment inside of Eth 2.0.

Wonderful.  I read your point, and whether I choose to remember it or not does not matter too much for the purpose of this thread... Can you go run off, now?  You are becoming a nuisance.  Angry

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: You’re PoV on this is uninformed and contradictory, and you would do better to stick to Bitcoin only until you have a better idea of what you're talking about.

I am sticking with bitcoin only.  That is why I am posting in this thread.  And, what is your excuse for posting about and trying to pump ethereum in a bitcoin-related ONLY thread?

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: But I guess if you feel that Bitcoin is your king daddy then I can understand the sweaty desperation. Smile

There is no desperation here, except a wish that you would go play somewhere else with your repetitive persistence on irrelevance.

(11-01-2019, 03:37 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: You are not really talking much if anything interesting related to bitcoin in your recent posts here,
(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: [Image: qzIoDeT6afC4BQ89Kc1M0OJlSOpr_diIexl4ItC-...jugq8urVBK]

If you're unable to  understand the advantages of programmable money via smart contracts then you’re incredibly out of touch. In fact, Bitcoin devs have even tried implementing smart contracts with projects like Rootstock, but of course, it’s gained negligible traction. 

Oh great.  You are so in touch with everything, whether related to bitcoin or otherwise worldliness.

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: As I've written, Bitcoin could retain its relevance and evolve into an alternative store of value gold-like commodity that remains censorship resistant. It remains the chain on which the most value has been and can be transferred at a relatively minimal cost.

O.k.  That part is true.

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Or...because it’s not programmable, not truly private, painfully slow, has a questionable long-term security model, and shows very little hope of improving due to its glacial pace of development …

Bad analogy.

(11-01-2019, 03:37 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Yes.  Let them judge for themselves.  Now, run along billydingdong, and find yourself another thread for your little games and discussion about the so many great aspects of various shitcoins, including the degree to which they are way more programable than bitcoin.  

Nah, I’m good I’ll keep posting here.

like a mosquito that cannot be swatted?

(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Especially when you spread obviously false information about other projects that I happen to have knowledge of. I’ll keep it focused on Bitcoin, but you’re not the arbiter of what’s to be discussed here and that goes double when you’re the one mentioning the side topic.

the shill/troll who won't go away.  Great.   Rolleyes
Quote: O.k... get the fuck out of here then and invest in your nonsense scam coin.  Your points are not relevant, but you keep making them over and over and over... Who cares about your shitcoin..?  Hardly anyone that is why you are cluttering this thread with you nonsense pumpening attempts rather than posting in some ethereum thread about how supposedly wonderful that crap is... and your actions show that even you, the STW ethereum pumpener, don't even believe your own bullshit... that is why you come here, continuing to try to get an audience.   [Image: rolleyes.png]

Apparently you care, JJG.  Wink

Let's consider the sequence of events:
  1. I posted my reservations as to why one can be reasonably hesitant to get into Bitcoin and what it's long term problems may be.

2. YOU brought up Ethereum in response to these issues.

3. YOUR response was littered with misunderstandings, and I set the record straight with actual documentation of my points.

Whether we're here or in the other thread talking about this stuff, I don't care so you can stop crying about it.