SwoopTheWorld
The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Printable Version

+- SwoopTheWorld (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Lifestyle Forum (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) (/showthread.php?tid=813)

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JackinX - 04-02-2020

(03-30-2020, 11:11 PM)Nolimitz Wrote: -Price of Oil almost under $20-->some of these oil companies will start to see BTC mining as a profitable/necessary venture as oil is low.

?

How did you come up with that one? Completely different industries and tooling with the only commonality being the word mining, which is really only a figure of speech when it comes to BTC. Nothing is being mined, if anything, it *consumes* resources to perform the equations.

Aside from that, guess where my neetbux are going if I manage to get some...

RE: Have we seen the Bitcoin death cross? - JayJuanGee - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 06:42 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 05:45 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 05:23 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Bitcoin shows signs of weakness as death cross takes hold!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-shows-signs-weakness-death-170003790.html

By the way, we had some lower $6k challenges, and then we also had a recent move up to $6,766 within the past 6 hours, and there has been a correction back down to $6,600-ish....
Keep in mind that a correction means down 10% from its all time highs (as opposed to a bear market which means down 20% or more from the highs).  Bitcoin is still well within correction territory and may very well still be in bear territory.  Neither is anything to be giddy about.

You can attempt to apply any kind of definition that you like to what is a bear market and what is a bull market, but you have also shown yourself with quite little bit of understanding what the fuck bitcoin actually is or what it is offering, so if you are not looking at bitcoin properly and without proper appreciation for what it is or what it is offering, then you might not understand either where bitcoin is at or where it has been, which puts you at even a further of a disadvantage in predicting where bitcoin might be going, whether short term or longer term..

I doubt that I am talking with any giddiness currently.  Surely I got a bit giddly last April through June when BTC price bounced up 3.5x.  I also got a bit giddy on October 25, 2019 when BTC prices jumped $3k in about 12 hours from $7,300 to $10,300.

Regarding your stupid-ass assertions of 10% or 20%, and from where such corrective points need to be measured, you just seem to be randomly making up shit that likely does not even apply to specifics in regards to bitcoin.  You believe bitcoin's short term or longer term price dynamics is controlled by various kinds of nonsense technical analysis?    Get a grip, contrarian.

Have you yet studies the various current and seemingly valid BTC price prediction models that include 1) stock to flow, 2) four year fractal and/or 3) s-curve exponential adoption based on networking/metcalfe principles?  I am not sure if that will help you because you seem to ignore anything beyond your pie in the sky hopiums that bitcoin will return to $2k price territories or other baseless white knighting advices that you seem inclined to provide.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 06:58 AM)JackinX Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:11 PM)Nolimitz Wrote: -Price of Oil almost under $20-->some of these oil companies will start to see BTC mining as a profitable/necessary venture as oil is low.

?

How did you come up with that one? Completely different industries and tooling with the only commonality being the word mining, which is really only a figure of speech when it comes to BTC. Nothing is being mined, if anything, it *consumes* resources to perform the equations.

Aside from that, guess where my neetbux are going if I manage to get some...

Apparently, you JackinX, seem to be lacking in some bitcoin understanding, too (just like contrarian).  

Of course there is a certain level of energy consumption and efficiencies that come through bitcoin, and if energy is relatively cheap, such as through low oil prices, then those kinds of resources can be incorporated into bitcoin mining.  

That kind of search for relatively cheap forms of energy momentum is already taking place in bitcoin for years on a global-wide basis including that miners have been attempting to figure out various kinds of ways to either use excess energy production, or to use energy that might otherwise not be used through regular channels, or to otherwise use energy more effectively and efficiently.

Thereby miners and people associated with miners have been attempting to exploit energy production and transmission inefficiencies in various ways and to place the energy consumption into bitcoin mining that ends up making the energy production (or otherwise waste) into bitcoin profits.    

Not a new concept in bitcoin mining, but a lot of people do not even understand what the fuck bitcoin mining is, and then they start spouting out nonsense in regards to bitcoin uses too much energy and other bullshit ill thought-out ideas like that.. sometimes merely just bitcoin naysaying or pumping some other coins in order to suggest that there is some kind of deficiencies in bitcoin, which is far from true.

RE: Have we seen the Bitcoin death cross? - Contrarian Expatriate - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 07:03 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 05:23 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Bitcoin shows signs of weakness as death cross takes hold!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-shows-signs-weakness-death-170003790.html

By the way, we had some lower $6k challenges, and then we also had a recent move up to $6,766 within the past 6 hours, and there has been a correction back down to $6,600-ish....
Keep in mind that a correction means down 10% from its all time highs (as opposed to a bear market which means down 20% or more from the highs).  Bitcoin is still well within correction territory and may very well still be in bear territory.  Neither is anything to be giddy about.

You can attempt to apply any kind of definition that you like to what is a bear market and what is a bull market, but you have also shown yourself with quite little bit of understanding what the fuck bitcoin actually is or what it is offering, so if you are not looking at bitcoin properly and without proper appreciation for what it is or what it is offering, then you might not understand either where bitcoin is at or where it has been, which puts you at even a further of a disadvantage in predicting where bitcoin might be going, whether short term or longer term..

I doubt that I am talking with any giddiness currently.  Surely I got a bit giddly last April through June when BTC price bounced up 3.5x.  I also got a bit giddy on October 25, 2019 when BTC prices jumped $3k in about 12 hours from $7,300 to $10,300.

Regarding your stupid-ass assertions of 10% or 20%, and from where such corrective points need to be measured, you just seem to be randomly making up shit that likely does not even apply to specifics in regards to bitcoin.  You believe bitcoin's short term or longer term price dynamics is controlled by various kinds of nonsense technical analysis?    Get a grip, contrarian.

Have you yet studies the various current and seemingly valid BTC price prediction models that include 1) stock to flow, 2) four year fractal and/or 3) s-curve exponential adoption based on networking/metcalfe principles?  I am not sure if that will help you because you seem to ignore anything beyond your pie in the sky hopiums that bitcoin will return to $2k price territories or other baseless white knighting advices that you seem inclined to provide.
I don’t know young man.  Most of your commentary here seems like the babbling gibberish of someone with an autistic fixation on Bitcoin.  That is troubling enough alone, but misleading others down the  road of losing money as you have is just plain wrong.

I do hope you get some help for yourself.  There is more to life than obsessing about Bitcoin like a nervous Nelly watching wealth evaporate.

RE: Have we seen the Bitcoin death cross? - JayJuanGee - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 10:40 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 07:03 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:

I don’t know young man.  

Yeah, of course you don't know shit about this particular asset. You have demonstrated that since you started participating in this thread, and you have not really dug yourself out of such demonstration with the passage of time and your seeming ongoing reluctance to learn, too.

Hopefully, at least you are attempting to learn on the side, even if you are making a public display of quasi-idiocracy, with maintaining a position that only supposedly is betting on BTC down and BTC down to such an extent that still seems quite pie in the sky rather than even attempting to grapple with current relevant BTC price prediction models.

(04-02-2020, 10:40 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Most of your commentary here seems like the babbling gibberish of someone with an autistic fixation on Bitcoin.  

Sure, it may possibly seem that way to you, that is while attempting to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are merely just ignorant rather than troll/shilling.... with an inability to focus on the actual substance rather than getting distracted into lame attempts at personal attacks.

(04-02-2020, 10:40 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: That is troubling enough alone, but misleading others down the  road of losing money as you have is just plain wrong.

I have already addressed this several times. Do you have anything new to bring to the table?

Yes, guys, you can consider starting out in bitcoin with a 1% to 10% allocation to bitcoin, or you can tailor your investment to some other amount that is dependent upon your personal financial situation. Of course, a lot of guys are likely going through some level of reassessment of their own personal and financial circumstances in ongoing trying times like these that seem quite dire in terms of various negative rippling effects on the whole market including macro considerations that are likely to happen in terms of whether some restructuring is going to happen on global levels, maybe including restructuring supply lines in such a way that are more local, rather than global... who knows, exactly how the various changes are going to play out with various ongoing mandates that look like still in a shut down phase rather than in a restarting phase, or is the rumor true that China might be restarting? Perhaps?

(04-02-2020, 10:40 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: I do hope you get some help for yourself.  There is more to life than obsessing about Bitcoin like a nervous Nelly watching wealth evaporate.

I already addressed this too on a number of occasions, but I suppose there might be a lot more guys starting to focus on bitcoin a lot more, and especially if the ongoing lack of correlation begins to seem more like a valuable place to achieve some portfolio security. Sure, I have been learning about bitcoin for more than six years, so I suppose in that regard, there could be some value to other guys, too.... even though my sharing of information has been a personal interest rather than any concern about whether guys actually decide to allocate some of their portfolio to bitcoin. They need to choose for themselves, including if they want to remain dumb and maniacal about it, like you seem to be. Look you continue to participate in a thread in which you seem to have little to no actual interest in investing into the asset that is being discussed, and even if bitcoin were to reach your $2k target (which seems quite unlikely), I doubt that you would even have any kind of meaningful conviction to actually pull the BTC buy trigger... so, my thesis about your only theoretical discussion of bitcoin rather than experiential seems quite unlikely to convert into actual experiential, anyhow, so it is even hardly worth discussing.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 04-02-2020

I am not sure if this topic is completely connected with bitcoin, even though it has bitcoin in the title and cryptocurrencies in the sub-title.

https://blokt.com/guides/best-web-hosting-services

Title & sub-title:

>>>>25 Best Web Hosting Services That Accept Bitcoin In 2020

In this detailed guide, you can find a list of the 25 best web hosting providers that allow you to pay with Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. We include shared, dedicated, cloud, virtual, and anonymous hosting services.<<<<

_________________________________________________________________________________

As a supplement to the above contents, here's a nice visual, too.

Of course, plan B does seem to argue that his stock to flow model is all encompassing of other models, even though I like to mention four year fractal and also s-curve exponential adoption based on networking effects and metacalfe principles as a kind of way to supplement the stock to flow model

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1245641235068383240

[Image: EUloD52U4AMk7VZ?format=jpg&name=small]

Below is an interesting tweet of a visual and a statement that contextualizes the fiat money printing with its likely connection with bitcoin.

https://twitter.com/DHannum8/status/1245542207378960384

Quote:

>>>>>"After the dust settles, economic activity resumes and central banks and governments inject *many trillions* of new dollars into the world by increasing balance sheets and deficits. Off that bottom, there is no other asset on the planet that will move like Bitcoin"<<<<<<

[Image: EUkM-clUMAIwABp?format=jpg&name=small]

Below is another nice little pretty chart that depicts bitcoin percentage price performance in quarterly blocks for the past 9.5 years that surely show that some quarters depict pretty considerable extremes (both up and down), while currently even though the last three quarters have been negative, we don't really seem to be experiencing any kind of quarterly extreme, at least does not seem like anything to really panic about, especially if you understand context and some other fundamentals about bitcoin including historical price performance as well as the formulation of current BTC price prediction models.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2Fa01a3b63a...v-mZoRb_0A]

Here's a nice recent article regarding bitcoin privacy and making some comparisons of the various trade-offs that are considered along the way, including other competing theories and practices in other coins.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/remaining-anonymous-which-crypto-privacy-solution-works-best

[Image: d659wo1-f1d397b7-4896-4151-80b5-8471f198...7egHRR24Iw]
https://www.deviantart.com/swivel/art/Honey-Badger-Anthro-371657377

Here's an inspirational Doug Casey quote that might be inspirational in terms of considering motivations of people and in terms of how much stake that they might have in the system and their perceptions of their own attempts at managing their financial direction:

>>>>>>“People generally fall into an economic class because of their psychology and their values. Each of the three classes has a characteristic psychological profile. For the lower class, it’s apathy. They have nothing, they’re ground down and they don’t really care. They’re not in the game, and they aren’t going to do anything; they’re resigned to their fate. For the upper class, it’s greed and arrogance. They have everything, and they think they deserve it – whether they do or not. The middle class – at least in today’s world – is run by fear. Fear that they’re only a paycheck away from falling into the lower class. Fear that they can’t pay their debts or borrow more. Fear that they don’t have a realistic prospect of improving themselves.”  

~ Doug Casey<<<<<

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - ChicagoFire - 04-02-2020

I'm socking some more $ in BTC. Everything should be fine but stay cautious!

RE: Have we seen the Bitcoin death cross? - Contrarian Expatriate - 04-03-2020

(04-02-2020, 02:46 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: My sharing of information has been a personal interest rather than any concern about whether guys actually decide  to allocate some of their portfolio to bitcoin.
Young man, meaningless statements of opinion like this very much undercut the reliability of anything you write when you immediately contradict yourself in the very same post like below.

(04-02-2020, 02:46 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: I doubt that you would even have any kind of meaningful conviction to actually pull the BTC buy trigger... 

While I realize this is a trying time period, I'd suggest your developing some other interests, getting some hobbies, then allowing Bitcoin to both sink and swim in peace.  No amount of willing Bitcoin to go up will succeed and you'll likely be very demoralized when guys like myself walk away with handfuls of entire Bitcoins (for peanuts) at the right time.  Oh how I would love to be a fly on your wall when that happens.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Nolimitz - 04-03-2020

A lot of hate on this thread.

Just DCA, don't risk more than you're willing to lose, and hold.

Sure...some don't believe in BTC, that's their thesis. You don't have to invest..."It's rat poison" according to WB.

To some people it's not so obvious why a digitally scarce, bearer asset is necessary in a world of countries racing to devalue their currencies. Perhaps gold is more suitable for some....it's safe and has been around for 1000's of years.

Can bitcoin fail...yes. But so can the US dollar.

Bitcoin has been around for a decade now, and each day that passes it's chances of success grow.

@jack Oil companies will be forced to operate more efficiently as prices drop...requiring them to find efficiencies where they can....cheap energy=cheap mining....many will connect the dots.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 04-03-2020

Here's a chart that overlays 4 years, but spreads it out for 6 years, while showing the stock to flow lines, too.

https://twitter.com/ChartsBtc/status/1245724477847040000

[Image: EUmzMP6VAAYFDSt?format=png&name=small]

RE: Have we seen the Bitcoin death cross? - JayJuanGee - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 01:18 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 02:46 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: My sharing of information has been a personal interest rather than any concern about whether guys actually decide  to allocate some of their portfolio to bitcoin.
Young man, meaningless statements of opinion like this very much undercut the reliability of anything you write when you immediately contradict yourself in the very same post like below.

(04-02-2020, 02:46 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: I doubt that you would even have any kind of meaningful conviction to actually pull the BTC buy trigger... 

While I realize this is a trying time period, I'd suggest your developing some other interests, getting some hobbies, then allowing Bitcoin to both sink and swim in peace.  No amount of willing Bitcoin to go up will succeed and you'll likely be very demoralized when guys like myself walk away with handfuls of entire Bitcoins (for peanuts) at the right time.  Oh how I would love to be a fly on your wall when that happens.

I feel like I am repeating myself, but whatever.. sometimes repetition might be helpful in order to attempt to clarify some of the ambiguity that your ongoing nonsense posts might cause.

1st:  I am not giving any advice, you retarded unable/unwilling to comprehend things, diptwat.  I give less than two shits about what guys do.  Guys are responsible for themselves, and I deny having any guru attempting status or even that I am trying to persuade guys what to do despite your repetition of the idea and hoping that your repetition causes your ongoing lame-ass statements to become true.  

Sure, I frequently describe what I do in terms of bitcoin or share bitcoin-related ideas, graphs or links that are of interest to me on a regular basis, and I have a recommended starting for anyone to allocate towards bitcoin that I suggest that guys consider for themselves to invest in bitcoin of 1% to 10%, but ultimately it is up to each guy regarding whether to invest and how much to invest, if they decide to do so.  

They can be a dumbass like you and believe that they have some kind of prudent and practical strategy by waiting for $2k-ish BTC prices and NOT even really having any kind of solid plan or even knowledge of what bitcoin is, but their plan causes them to wait for some pie in the sky scenario to play out and then likely to be shell-shocked if $2k ever were to come because you (and any other guy conceptualizing the employment of such a plan) have (has) not taken any concrete action(s) to actually have systems in place that you (they) would be able to employ such plan trigger if the time were to come.  

Furthermore, it is pretty fucking retarded, from my point of view, to be sitting around on the sidelines in an asset class like bitcoin and not already be either implementing some kind of getting a stake plan such as small dollar cost averaging or buying on dips without some pie in the sky target that is quite unlikely to be reached... maybe less than 2% chance to reach $2k.. and maybe benefit of the doubt 5% chance.. but anyhow, seems fucking lame as fuck to prepare in life for 2% or 5% odds rather than preparing for more likely scenarios including the fact that BTC remains an asymmetric bet to the upside, so way the fuck smarter to plan for up rather than down because the odds are way the fuck greater... which has been the case for a while... and in the end, guys have complete free will to make their own decisions about how to approach this matter, how to assign odds, what preparations to make and whether and how much to be investing into bitcoin.

2nd:   You seem to remain quite distracted by ongoingly bringing me up as a topic.  I am not the topic of this thread, you disingenuous fucktard.  The hobgoblin of little minds like yours seem unable to focus on substance of this thread or even to provide any bitcoin related information that might be helpful for guys to better understand the topic of the thread, and the topic happens to be bitcoin and ongoingly seem to be aiming solely at attempts to make these matters personal and off-topic.  

Alternatively, you are engaging in white-knighting bullshit, which truly seems to be bordering on unmanliness or at least a purported unwilling recognize guys can fend for themselves and make decisions for themselves... but surely, you likely hardly give any shits about other guys anyhow because you are merely engaging in bullshit behaviors because you hardly know shit about this actual topic and you are trolling by ongoingly trying to distract from this topic and/or shilling some other bullshit, that is not relevant to this thread... we be talking bout bitcoin here... helrow!!!!  Do you know what is bitcoin?  Rolleyes

3rd:   Your purported childish plan to laugh at anyone else, including yours truly, if they happen to end up losing money or not profiting as much as they had believed that they would if your pie in the sky scenario of bitcoin going to $2k were to play out, is lame at best too.  You still are lacking in specifics about both what you would do if such price direction were to be achieved and you are also presuming that BTC prices going to $2k would cause someone like me to be using bitcoin wrongly... lot's of assumptions with you, lil padawan, that seem to be based on fantasies rather than really trying to grapple with the actual topic of this thread or even how bitcoin fits into our current macro situation in terms of bitcoin as a relative asset rather than some kind of absolute asset that is just being measured on its own.... 

Accordingly, many assets are going NOT necessarily perform the same as other assets, so even if one asset loses ground relative to other assets, it does not automatically signify that it was a bad idea to have such asset (namely bitcoin, here) as an investment.. so too many assumptions built into your various ongoing lame-ass, out-of-touch and seemingly intentionally troll/shill childish pie in the sky commentaries.

Hopefully, in the end, these clarification points are helpful.. and perhaps you should be thanking me for being so patient with you in spite of your so many dumbass, lame and seemingly ill-informed posts.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 04-03-2020

I am not sure how much this debt chart informs anyone in regards to the value of bitcoin, and whether bitcoin can attempt to put any of this seemingly exponential growth in debt in check.  Each of us can decide if we believe seemingly exponential debt growth to be a potential problem and if bitcoin provides any kind of hedge to that phenomena.

https://twitter.com/howmuch_net/status/1245335959065047045

[Image: EUhSJJIWsAEHjlg?format=jpg&name=small]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Contrarian Expatriate - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 01:40 AM)Nolimitz Wrote: Bitcoin has been around for a decade now, and each day that passes it's chances of success grow.

I'm not sure I follow your logic here.   They said the same thing about MySpace, then Facebook came into being and forced its failure.  Now even Facebook, the once mighty giant that people thought would be around for generations, is gradually fading out of use.  

Bitcoin is no more immune from failure than any other tech innovation.  In fact, the moment governments begin enforcing the non-reporting Bitcoin holding and capital gains, you'll see Bitcoin start to cave unlike anything you've imagined.  Yes, Bitcoin does enjoy diffuse and non-centralized existence, but LEGISLATION and ENFORCEMENT are the two swords that can spell legal doom and ruin for the non-compliant HOLDERS of it.

(04-03-2020, 06:59 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 01:40 AM)Nolimitz Wrote: Bitcoin has been around for a decade now, and each day that passes it's chances of success grow.

I'm not sure I follow your logic here.   

It is called Lindy effect... Have you heard of Lindy effect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_effect

(04-03-2020, 06:59 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: They said the same thing about MySpace, then Facebook came into being and forced its failure.  Now even Facebook, the once mighty giant that people thought would be around for generations, is gradually fading out of use.  

Yeah.. might be part of your intellectual handicaps is that are making a kind of nonsense comparison that has been batted around for at least as long as i have been attempting to study the space (6 years+)

Bitcoin is also a kind of paradigm shifting protocol rather than a company... but yeah, if you want to attempt to minimize bitcoins importance by making inadequate wishful thinking comparisons, then that is on you..

Wish for $2k... wish for $2k.. maybe it will happen?

Yeah right.   Rolleyes  Rolleyes

Tongue

You will be like this, at some point.

[Image: source.gif]

Shy

(04-03-2020, 06:59 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Bitcoin is no more immune from failure than any other tech innovation. 

Of course, bitcoin can fail, but surely you should at least attempt to understand what makes bitcoin stand out.

Possibly you do and you are just trolling, because you really cannot be that fucking persistently dumb in such an arrogant way, can you?

(04-03-2020, 06:59 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: In fact, the moment governments begin enforcing the non-reporting Bitcoin holding and capital gains, you'll see Bitcoin start to cave unlike anything you've imagined. 

Yes.. interesting... you did bring this up before, and so yeah, let's see if this is going to happen and how it is going to happen or if bitcoin might be forced underground, which might not exactly be a solution that purportedly all powerful governments would want.  Would they?  Speculate Contrarian.

(04-03-2020, 06:59 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Yes, Bitcoin does enjoy diffuse and non-centralized existence, but LEGISLATION and ENFORCEMENT are the two swords that can spell legal doom and ruin for the non-compliant HOLDERS of it.

Perhaps.  And perhaps there is going to be a world government, too.  Someday.  Are we talking about now, or some speculation that is 50 years in the future?  Do you invest based on something that might happen 50 years in the future or do you invest based on current dynamics, which should involve a variety of factors, not just that some governments might attempt to crack down because Coronavirus.. when they are actually doing a lot of the opposite of cracking down in terms of trying to print money go brrrrrrr their way out of this uncertain current macro situation.  Yeah, they are doing other things too, but cracking down on bitcoin?  Hm?  Maybe it will happen?  Maybe?  until then, you gonna get a stake or just wait for $2k prices that are NOT fucking likely to happen under actual current and real (rather than fantasy) conditions?

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Contrarian Expatriate - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 07:18 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:

The Lindy Effect has been debunked more than it has been substantiated.  History is replete with examples of old ventures and technologies that have fallen into failure.  If everyone thought like you, we'd still be watching analog TV and transistor radios today.
Once governments around the world begin creating official crypto currencies, Bitcoin will bite the dust hard.  It almost happened last month until it was removed from the stimulus legislation.

Oh, the destination where the train passengers want to go is precisely where I have been living for many years now.  Big Grin    But after observing your posting history on this thread, I'm not sure if you are even aware if that train is coming or going.

(04-03-2020, 08:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 07:18 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:

The Lindy Effect has been debunked more than it has been substantiated.  History is replete with examples of old ventures and technologies that have fallen into failure. 

Of course, nothing is guaranteed.  There are dynamics and phenomenon and a variety of factors and explanations for why something might have value or not, including bitcoin.  We can let Nolimitz respond and describe if he had some other ideas in mind with his comment that you were asking him to flush out.

(04-03-2020, 08:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: If everyone thought like you, we'd still be watching analog TV and transistor radios today.

A bit of a stretch in your logic (to the extent any exists), no, Contrarian?

(04-03-2020, 08:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Once governments around the world begin creating official crypto currencies, Bitcoin will bite the dust hard. 

Yeah right, Contrarian. More pie in the sky thinking from you that seems to demonstrate that you are having difficulties understanding the value proposition that bitcoin is actually offering.

Of course, there is likely going to be some dynamics in which governments attempt to force people into using their various levels of inflated crap, but do you really think that a decent number of people are not going to see through that nonsense, and do you really believe that bitcoin has not been designed in such a way to attempt to anticipate a variety of attacks, including from governments trying to undermine it...

You continue to speculate a lot, Contrarian, about what you expect to happen while downplaying what is actually happening in the real world... so that is on you, if you want to wait for your various pie in the sky scenarios to both happen and then to have the results that you are anticipating. Maybe we are talking about 10 or 20 years, but in the meantime, we have a current bitcoin status that involves ongoing forced algorithm hardening of the supply while governments are engaged in the exact opposite bbbbbbrrrrrrrrr-ing of their currencies.

What thing is unlike the other?

You going to buy gold, instead?

You are filled with negation of bitcoin, but you seem to fail to even understand what the fuck you are talking about in terms of supposed actual threats rather than hypothetical nonsense that may or may not happen 20 or 50 years down the road, when we are all dead anyhow.. or at least in the meantime, we have been living it up on our bitcoin profits before such pie in the sky scenarios could even play out, even giving the benefit of the doubt that they might actually even come close to playing out as you say, even if they were implemented.. which is far from the current situation in which we find ourselves.

(04-03-2020, 08:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: It almost happened last month until it was removed from the stimulus legislation.

So what. You really think that something like that would have made any kind of meaningful difference?

First of all, we have to get to the state in which such thing is actually implemented (and seem that we are far from there), and then we have to get to the state in which it has the negative impact that you are ascribing to it, and we are far from that too, even in terms of speculative logic, it is far from clear that the effect would be a net negative on bitcoin.

(04-03-2020, 08:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Oh, the destination where the train passengers want to go is precisely where I have been living for many years now.  Big Grin    But after observing your posting history on this thread, I'm not sure if you are even aware if that train is coming or going.

That's a great interpretation of such hilariousness of the more obvious interpretation.. which is not the interpretation that you provided. Whatever. Do what you like. Wait for $2k for buying your BIG stack of BTC.. and we will see.. we will see. Rolleyes Rolleyes