SwoopTheWorld
The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Printable Version

+- SwoopTheWorld (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Lifestyle Forum (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) (/showthread.php?tid=813)

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-29-2019

(11-29-2019, 08:25 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Has anyone here met up with JJG before?

I'm really curious to see how that level of verbosity plays out in real life.

Grow the fuck up, and stop masterbating about doxxing fantasies.   It's not relevant.

In other words, try to focus ur lil selfie on the topic of the thread, which happens to be bitcoin, if you forgot... Oh yeah, you prefer not to stay on topic, whenever possible, right?

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Swordfish1010 - 11-29-2019

Who cares? He posts good information and is relentless about it. I wish more boomers understood what he does, even if he’s a bit neurotic. Can’t do pickup forever.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SpecialEd - 11-29-2019

Conflating real life meetups with doxxing is a bit much dont you think?

I'm just curious how you talk to women (the main topic of this forum in case you forgot).

I'm guessing you prefer girl on top position and just HODL haha.

(11-29-2019, 08:36 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:

Who cares? He posts good information and is relentless about it. I wish more boomers understood what he does, even if he’s a bit neurotic. Can’t do pickup forever.

Boomers in btc is the worst thing that ever happened to it. 

Took something pure and idealistic and shat all over it like the housing market.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Swordfish1010 - 11-29-2019

(11-29-2019, 08:37 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Conflating real life meetups with doxxing is a bit much dont you think?

I'm just curious how you talk to women (the main topic of this forum in case you forgot).

I'm guessing you prefer girl on top position and just HODL haha.

Took something pure and idealistic and shat all over it like the housing market.
I’m not going to argue with you that boomers ruined everything, but bitcoin is anti fragile, it doesn’t care. Boomers are still waiting for it to go to zero, investing in snake oil blockchain companies, and don’t see how rekt they are about to get in this next decade with their stubbornness.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-29-2019

(11-29-2019, 08:37 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Conflating real life meetups with doxxing is a bit much dont you think?

Nope. I don't think.

We are talking about finances here. Sure there may be some culture in which guys meet up in real life, but I doubt that it is necessarily a good idea to try to press for that, including that it is largely irrelevant to our particular discussion here.

You have a lot of troubles focusing, SpecialEd, don't you? Go back and look at your posts in this thread, there are hardly more than a few that are even attempts to stay on topic, except unless we were to grant a liberal definition to the topic, which I don't grant such liberal definition, unless you are trying to talk about bitcoin, and either personalities or meeting in person or any of that bullshit is not on topic. If you want to open some other thread or post in some other thread about who is JJG or whatever other bullshit nonrelevant topic or some other bullshit, then go do that somewhere else.

(11-29-2019, 08:37 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: I'm just curious how you talk to women (the main topic of this forum in case you forgot).

Not the topic of this thread, you diptwat.

(11-29-2019, 08:37 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: I'm guessing you prefer girl on top position and just HODL haha.

I have some posts in RVF on some of my interactions with the chiquitas, but not really too much on this forum, so far. But anyhow, your guessing is pretty lame, at best.

(11-29-2019, 08:37 PM)SpecialEd Wrote:

I doubt that age generalizations are very helpful, anyhow. There is some kind of problematic aspect to getting caught up on age and attempting to assess whether someone is "in touch" enough or whatever.

Since boomer is getting close to the oldest generation, there is some relevancy regarding investment strategies, of course, especially when we are talking about long-term investments as compared with shorter term horizons. Of course, with longer term horizons, then there is usually going to be a decent amount of prudent hesitancies when it comes to adding risk to your investment holdings, so there are not too many people who would argue bitcoin to be non-risky, and even if there are attempts to categorize bitcoin as relatively less risky than other investments, there still might be hesitancies for relatively established folks (assuming that many boomers should fit in such a category) either add bitcoin to their investment portfolios or want to even learn about something new when they might reasonably believe that whatever strategy that they have in place is sufficiently adequate and/or sufficiently hedged in terms of their own future life expectations.

(11-29-2019, 08:37 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Took something pure and idealistic and shat all over it like the housing market.

Surely there are going to be attempts by status quo institutions to denigrate bitcoin in terms of using a lot of their printing of dollars to fuck it up with fractional reserves and all of that, but we are still quite far from knowing whether they are going to have decent odds of being even as close to successful in bitcoin as they have been in other areas such as real estate (as you suggested) or gold or any other markets that they have financialized or otherwise deluded with run away printing of fiat.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-30-2019

I will likely get confused if we start quoting prices in satoshis, but practicing from time to time can likely help to get the unit conversion to sink in with the passage of time.

https://twitter.com/FiatHealth/status/1200535277791563776

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FTdlaFFH.p...UyTAEFXp3Q]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-30-2019

More or less a visual confirming that we are on-schedule - even though 2020 is looking relatively flat with a very slight upward incline - and we know that BTC prices do not progress in a straight line, exactly:

https://twitter.com/bitstein/status/1200274054760075264?s=19

[Image: EKg644DXkAAwp3J?format=jpg&name=small]

This linked article attempts to show various bitcoin efficiency improvements over the years, and that the incremental changes in bitcoin do end up adding value, but the rate of improvement is slow in bitcoin, too (not that there is anything that needs to be fixed, though    Tongue ):

https://cointelegraph.com/news/scalability-enhancements-kept-bitcoin-decentralized-bitmex-research

This below chart shows that the initial block download and synch has gotten faster with newer software versions even though bitcoin's total blocksize has grown, too (getting close to 300Gbs to download the whole thing).
[Image: 7f8dcdea24f087d94ccaa424576835a7.png]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - ChicagoFire - 12-01-2019

This is old news but worth mentioning the Bilzerians seem to be into Bitcoin. Dan claims he has exposure and his dad is associated with Roger Ver. I bought a small amount a couple days ago. Like I said before don't bet your house but have some exposure.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=paul+bilzerian+bitcoin&ia=web

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 12-01-2019

(12-01-2019, 01:28 AM)ChicagoFire Wrote: This is old news but worth mentioning the Bilzerians seem to be into Bitcoin. Dan claims he has exposure and his dad is associated with Roger Ver. I bought a small amount a couple days ago. Like I said before don't bet your house but have some exposure.

I doubt that it gives any guy credibility in the bitcoin space to assert associations with Roger Ver, since Ver has both fallen from grace in the bitcoin community and is known as a kind of attack vector, troll and whiner.  I also would not recommend diversification for the sake of diversification in those other coins that Bilzerian seems to have had of his historical "crypto" portfolio.  

From some of the other threads in the search list, it appears that Bilzerian is an in and out kind of player too, which tends to be a gambling kind of way of playing bitcoin - of course he is a gambler, just like Doug Polk who is listed in one of the duck duck go links.

Of course, I agree with the idea of exposure to bitcoin, and don't really agree with any need to diversify within crypto to add others cryptos (or have exposure to other cryptos), which I have ranted on about quite a bit already in this thread.  Of course, if you get a bit of exposure to bitcoin, with a 1% to 10% investment, then that could be a decent stake, and sometimes after building a comfort level with bitcoin, you might thereafter choose to either increase your bitcoin holdings or to branch out....  especially if you find some kind of personal interest in one crypto project or another (if you either believe their pitch or you believe that the project is sufficiently associated with bitcoin).  Of course, you should be questioning any crypto that is claiming to either be better than bitcoin or to have a lot of vague aspirations that sound could because then you would seem inclined to either get scammed or believe that you can get in and out of such an investment (trade) in a profitable way. 

Are you investing beyond bitcoin CF?  You already made your BTC purchase?  You planning DCA or lump sum buys on dips?  You set up some bitcoin accounts in which you would be able to get it or maybe find someone with whom you can buy bitcoin directly from?  Of course, swordfish has asserted his belief that the bottom is already in at $6,515 from last week, and I take that kind of confidence of the bottom being "in" with a decent sized grain of salt.. In other words, I am not that confident that the bottom is in, necessarily, but I would agree with any plan that attempts to get mostly in since we have already had about a 53% correction in this particular cycle from the $13,880 local top of June 27.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SC87 - 12-01-2019

Replace Bilzerians with Kardashians and it would be something worth talking about.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 12-01-2019

(12-01-2019, 03:13 AM)SC87 Wrote: Replace Bilzerians with Kardashians and it would be something worth talking about.

We following the advices of girls in these parts? 

I thought that this was a forum for guys?  So why would we give too many shits about what chicks are doing, whether investment or other life advices?

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - ChicagoFire - 12-01-2019

(12-01-2019, 02:32 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 01:28 AM)ChicagoFire Wrote: This is old news but worth mentioning the Bilzerians seem to be into Bitcoin. Dan claims he has exposure and his dad is associated with Roger Ver. I bought a small amount a couple days ago. Like I said before don't bet your house but have some exposure.

I doubt that it gives any guy credibility in the bitcoin space to assert associations with Roger Ver, since Ver has both fallen from grace in the bitcoin community and is known as a kind of attack vector, troll and whiner.  I also would not recommend diversification for the sake of diversification in those other coins that Bilzerian seems to have had of his historical "crypto" portfolio.  

From some of the other threads in the search list, it appears that Bilzerian is an in and out kind of player too, which tends to be a gambling kind of way of playing bitcoin - of course he is a gambler, just like Doug Polk who is listed in one of the duck duck go links.

Of course, I agree with the idea of exposure to bitcoin, and don't really agree with any need to diversify within crypto to add others cryptos (or have exposure to other cryptos), which I have ranted on about quite a bit already in this thread.  Of course, if you get a bit of exposure to bitcoin, with a 1% to 10% investment, then that could be a decent stake, and sometimes after building a comfort level with bitcoin, you might thereafter choose to either increase your bitcoin holdings or to branch out....  especially if you find some kind of personal interest in one crypto project or another (if you either believe their pitch or you believe that the project is sufficiently associated with bitcoin).  Of course, you should be questioning any crypto that is claiming to either be better than bitcoin or to have a lot of vague aspirations that sound could because then you would seem inclined to either get scammed or believe that you can get in and out of such an investment (trade) in a profitable way. 

Are you investing beyond bitcoin CF?  You already made your BTC purchase?  You planning DCA or lump sum buys on dips?  You set up some bitcoin accounts in which you would be able to get it or maybe find someone with whom you can buy bitcoin directly from?  Of course, swordfish has asserted his belief that the bottom is already in at $6,515 from last week, and I take that kind of confidence of the bottom being "in" with a decent sized grain of salt.. In other words, I am not that confident that the bottom is in, necessarily, but I would agree with any plan that attempts to get mostly in since we have already had about a 53% correction in this particular cycle from the $13,880 local top of June 27.

I don't know anything about Roger Ver, just thought it's worth noting the Bilzerians are aware this investment exists. I've said before I will be contributing more to this thread. I'll try to look for some more interesting material. 

I do have other coins like Monero but want to stay within the thread's topic. Only DCA and like I said before once I leave Illinois I want to sell a portion of my coins. As for how low or high this can go, I wouldn't know. I have student loans and wish the economy would crash and BTC replaces USD but I unfortunately live in the real world. 

Re: SC87 
I don't speak for him but the Kardashians approving BTC is a celebrity endorsement.

(12-01-2019, 04:11 AM)ChicagoFire Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 02:32 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: [edited out]

I don't know anything about Roger Ver,

There are quite a few folks who are engaged in snake oils salesman type activities in this space that attempt to say that they are affiliated with the real bitcoin. Of course, Roger Ver can make some of those claims in a kind of misleading way because he was a real early adopter of the real bitcoin, so he got a lot of bitcoin in the early days and was one of the early evangelizers of bitcoin, and was publicly known as bitcoin jesus.

Since about 2015, he got quite caught up with BIG BLOCKER nonsense and various other disgruntled attacks on bitcoin, so he is quite hated in many parts of bitcoin, and he is also hated for attempting to brand his coin as the real bitcoin, including his owning of bitcoin.com and a lot of the misleading information that is contained in that website in order to attempt to promote bcash as if it were the real bitcoin.

(12-01-2019, 04:11 AM)ChicagoFire Wrote: just thought it's worth noting the Bilzerians are aware this investment exists. I've said before I will be contributing more to this thread. I'll try to look for some more interesting material. 

No problem.

(12-01-2019, 04:11 AM)ChicagoFire Wrote: I do have other coins like Monero but want to stay within the thread's topic. Only DCA and like I said before once I leave Illinois I want to sell a portion of my coins.

Yeah... hopefully, the market works out for you in terms of having a kind of timeline for when you sell. Sometimes it is good to be somewhat flexible on your anticipated selling time, and if you see a lot of the links that I had been posting (and swordfish has been mentioning similar concepts) there is a decent amount of persuasive materials that bitcoin is in a kind of four year cycle and also following a stock to flow model, and both of those models suggest bitcoin peaking in the next 1-3 years.

Cannot exactly be sure about any kind of exact BTC price peaking point, and surely there is nothing fool proof about any price models because they are based on probabilities rather than certainties.. especially given that bitcoin has only been around for around 11 years, so we are largely only in the 3rd 4 year model fractal....so we will see if such fractal will play out as anticipated.

(12-01-2019, 04:11 AM)ChicagoFire Wrote: As for how low or high this can go, I wouldn't know. I have student loans and wish the economy would crash and BTC replaces USD but I unfortunately live in the real world. 

Personally, I doubt that a real crash is good for anyone, but it does not even really matter what we wish for because the economy and various systems are going to do whatever they are going to do, and so the best is just to prepare for a variety of possible scenarios and not get caught too off guard by whatever ends up playing out. Part of the reason that bitcoin seems to serve as a decent hedging bet.

(12-01-2019, 04:11 AM)ChicagoFire Wrote: Re: SC87 
I don't speak for him but the Kardashians approving BTC is a celebrity endorsement.

Fair enough.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SC87 - 12-01-2019

(12-01-2019, 03:50 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 03:13 AM)SC87 Wrote: Replace Bilzerians with Kardashians and it would be something worth talking about.

I thought that this was a forum for guys?  So why would we give too many shits about what chicks are doing, whether investment or other life advices?

They probably have more than a billion followers combined across basically every form of social media. If you think that all those graphics and tweets you repost would mean more than the Kardashians posting something positive about bitcoin then you are delusional, their reach is huge.

(12-01-2019, 06:53 AM)SC87 Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 03:50 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:

They probably have more than a billion followers combined across basically every form of social media. If you think that all those graphics and tweets you repost would mean more than the Kardashians posting something positive about bitcoin then you are delusional, their reach is huge.

You believe that bitcoin needs a few famous people backing it in order to be "successful"?  That's what some of the shitcoin pumpers attempt to do with their crappy coins.  Look at ethereum, claiming to have the backing of many BIG players and companies, but ethereum is still a piece of shit smoke and mirrors scam, in spite of BIG companies backing it.

Seems to me that network effects take a while to build and expand, and in that regard bitcoin is likely to take a while to build and expand.  Accordingly, many of us should recognize and even be ready, willing and able to take advantage of getting into bitcoin while it is still early stages of adoption.  Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages to being early stages for any guys who are willing to spend some of their time and efforts (and perhaps money too in order to make their investment more concrete) into bitcoin.

By the way, you believe that i post here in order to market to the masses, to pump bitcoin and to spread the word about bitcoin?   You think that I presume or even give any shits about having reach or give very many shits in terms of trying to persuade people who are not interested in bitcoin? Get real SC87.  

Yeah, sure it would be nice if there were more forum guys here interested in Bitcoin discussions, but I am more than willing to accept that the level of interest in bitcoin here is what it is, so I just post in this thread whatever the fuck interests me in connection with the topic of the thread, and other STW forum guys are free to join in and do the same or refrain from such posting.  

I am going to post either way... hahahahaha... or maybe I might post less frequently in this here thread, relatively speaking, if some other guys were to post information that I would have otherwise posted.  Perhaps?  Perhaps?

So you think tens of millions of people or more googling bitcoin and potentially using it for the first time would be insignificant?

(12-01-2019, 07:30 AM)SC87 Wrote: So you think tens of millions of people or more googling bitcoin and potentially using it for the first time would be insignificant?

Of course, there could be some advantages from higher levels of awareness and acceptance, and if it happens in the future, then I have no problem with that happening.  I believe that there have been some efforts (and likely still are some efforts) from famous people to try to get mass adoption of bitcoin, and ultimately, it just seems to me that whatever state of adoption bitcoin has is the current state, and I am really not the kind of guy to get all caught up in prescription rather than description.  In other words, I am more than willing to accept bitcoin for what it is rather than asserting that it should be more than what it is or that there is some kind of preferable course.

Accordingly, there are a lot of advantages of just accepting something for what it is, and trying to take advantage of its current state.  So for example, one of the advantages of knowing about the benefits of bitcoin before mass adoption comes is that it is way the fuck less expensive to acquire.  So, therefore, these are great times to continue to accumulate BTC at less expensive prices.

Another thing is that I believe that it is almost inevitable that value is going to gravitate into bitcoin and people are going to come to bitcoin, so there is no reason for me to attempt to contribute towards accelerating that effort beyond whatever incidental sharing of information that I have done over the years that influenced some guys to look into the matter more or whatever.

I have heard those arguments several times before that "bitcoin needs mass adoption" blah blah blah... and I usually argue against any propositions suggesting that bitcoin is deficient in some kind of way, including its current level of adoption.  You may have noticed that there are some people who also make proclamations that bitcoin's adoption is not going anywhere or bitcoin is stagnant blah blah blah.  Lot's of impatience out there from some people who believe that adoption and develop is not happening fast enough in bitcoin, and I beg to differ.  I believe that bitcoin might fall under a kind of gradually and then suddenly dynamic, but for anyone who is actually interested in meaningful facts, there are plenty of signs and indicators on an ongoing basis that show bitcoin's network effects continuing to expand on an ongoing basis, so I believe that there is no problem with bitcoin's current level of ongoing adoption and expansion and there is no need to attempt to accelerate what is already happening on an ongoing basis. 

If Kim Kardashian or any other famous person wants to jump on the bitcoin train and start to promote it, then surely I am not going to be against it - and not that I can do much of anything about it anyhow, as you, SC87 have already reminded me of my relative impotency in comparison to the popularity of someone like that.... even if she is a girl... .  hahahahahahaha

I don't really understand the BurgerCrypto's criticism of the stock to flow model from yesterday as is linked below in the tweet and the article, and I could really care less as long as orange number goes up, but some guys still might be interested in some of the current discussions around price prediction models and whether some more interesting ideas might come out of these back and forth batting around of price models.

https://twitter.com/BurgerCryptoAM/status/1200805469926887425

https://medium.com/burgercrypto-com/debunking-bitcoins-natural-long-term-power-law-corridor-of-growth-c1f336e558f6

Of course, these are repeated themes and repeated charts, so maybe reading postings in this thread is kind of like attending a mass?  I mean a church mass.  You go once a week or whatever is your ritual in order to repeat the main ideas over and over and over again.  hahahahahaha   If you don't agree.. .fuck off... hahahahahahaha... just kidding.. I don't mind some disagreement.. and I even disagree from time to time with the other seemingly most bullish member of this forum, swordfish.   Wink

Nice little tweet planB and also nice little discussion in the tweet thread.

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1201122852004605952

[Image: EKs-3RhWkAAwSfK?format=jpg&name=small]