SwoopTheWorld
The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Printable Version

+- SwoopTheWorld (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Lifestyle Forum (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) (/showthread.php?tid=813)

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-26-2019

(11-26-2019, 05:04 PM)New Ice Age Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 07:15 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: I know my friend, I am stating these things for the forum, I know you know these things. We currently live in a fiat world, but I do believe that will change and we will move towards a bitcoin standard as each fiat currency inflates to worthlessness. Saifedean explains this better than I ever could in his infamous “the bitcoin standard” book. Distribution is definitely better in bitcoin and since it can’t be inflated by central bankers, this takes away the ability for those closest to the faucet to never produce any value and just be rent seeking parasites. We are overall on the same team. I’m glad that some boomers really get it, most of your generation does not understand any of this.

Anyways, check out that medium article I posted about the halvings. This retracement is following history, which is bullish for what is to come.

Please, let's be realistic. BTC definitely has potential to make some very good profits (still). But the idea that BTC will become some kind of standard is ridiculous. BTC will stay an investment & speculation vehicle, similar like gold. Several reasons for that, one big one is the volatility. But I'm sure you know those arguments. 

As for the price of BTC, some people envision a future where 1 BTC will be like 100k or something like that. I mean, no one can tell what will happen it 30 years. So you cannot rule it out. But it seems unlikely. Yes, there has been extremely large growth in the last 10 years in terms of price. But who says that this development will continue in the same manner in the future. It's not a given. If you look at the price of gold in the last 50 years, there have been large fluctuations in price, but overall it's not a steady growth. If you start from a very low level, as BTC has, it's not so hard to make the first 100x or 1000x as BTC rises from being unknown to an early adopter thing. But crossing over to the mainstream is different. It's a different type of people with a different mindset. It can happen, but it's definitely not a given.

Of course, nothing is a given, New Ice Age, but get a grip.  Bitcoin does not necessarily need to become a standard any time soon in order for it to be a great investment.

Where the fuck are we right now?  less than 1% of world adoption.  How the fuck you going to become a standard at less than 1% world adoption?  Not right around the corner, and could take a decent amount of time.... but also could happen very quickly.... slowly but suddenly.

You surely seem to be missing something in your attempt to assess what is going on here, New Ice Age.

Hopefully your seeming level of pessimism and expressed skepticism is not causing you to be a complete no coiner or some other kind of delusional guy.  Question still remains.  What are you personally going to do?  You don't have to believe in the "bitcoin standard" as anything close or imminent in order to have some kind of reasonable and prudent plan in connection to bitcoin, and maybe you will end up under invested, but having a plan in connection bitcoin seems to be a good thing.  You certainly seem knowledgable enough about bitcoin in order to have at least some kind of preliminary plan, even if it is a likely vastly insufficient plan.  Accordingly, what is your personal BTC connected plan, currently?  Do you have one?  Are you working on one?  If so are you attempting to employ such plan, even if tentative?

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-26-2019

Here's a nice little article that is showing that Network value transactions is attempting to compete with stock to flow model, and in the end, we don't necessarily need to care which of the models is correct, so long as orange number go up.   Angel

https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-bulls-favorite-stock-to-flow-model-is-flawed/

Also, can learn some compare / contrast aspects of bitcoin price theory dynamics by looking at some of these back and forth discussions.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Swordfish1010 - 11-26-2019

(11-26-2019, 05:04 PM)New Ice Age Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 07:15 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: I know my friend, I am stating these things for the forum, I know you know these things. We currently live in a fiat world, but I do believe that will change and we will move towards a bitcoin standard as each fiat currency inflates to worthlessness. Saifedean explains this better than I ever could in his infamous “the bitcoin standard” book. Distribution is definitely better in bitcoin and since it can’t be inflated by central bankers, this takes away the ability for those closest to the faucet to never produce any value and just be rent seeking parasites. We are overall on the same team. I’m glad that some boomers really get it, most of your generation does not understand any of this.

Anyways, check out that medium article I posted about the halvings. This retracement is following history, which is bullish for what is to come.

Please, let's be realistic. BTC definitely has potential to make some very good profits (still). But the idea that BTC will become some kind of standard is ridiculous. BTC will stay an investment & speculation vehicle, similar like gold. Several reasons for that, one big one is the volatility. But I'm sure you know those arguments. 

As for the price of BTC, some people envision a future where 1 BTC will be like 100k or something like that. I mean, no one can tell what will happen it 30 years. So you cannot rule it out. But it seems unlikely. Yes, there has been extremely large growth in the last 10 years in terms of price. But who says that this development will continue in the same manner in the future. It's not a given. If you look at the price of gold in the last 50 years, there have been large fluctuations in price, but overall it's not a steady growth. If you start from a very low level, as BTC has, it's not so hard to make the first 100x or 1000x as BTC rises from being unknown to an early adopter thing. But crossing over to the mainstream is different. It's a different type of people with a different mindset. It can happen, but it's definitely not a given.

“In the Information Society, no one who is truly able will be detained by the ill-informed opinions of others.” -Sovereign Individual

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-27-2019

The below linked article from yesterday has some nice discussion of bitcoin and some nice charts regarding bitcoin.

I could give hardly any shits about the article's discussion of various altcoins, so I did not look at that information too closely beyond just skimming some of it and noticing that there are some BTC price performance comparison charts in there.

https://coinmetrics.substack.com/p/coin-metrics-state-of-the-network-b34

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...48x928.png]

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...00x960.png]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Swordfish1010 - 11-27-2019

Bought the sub 7k dip last night, feels good man.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 06:10 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: Bought the sub 7k dip last night, feels good man.

I am sure that a decently large number of shorts are getting REKKT.... those fucktwats were getting quite cocky, and surely another few hundred of UP will cause additional damages that the shorters deserve.  Of course, nothing is guaranteed in these kinds of bitcoinlandia battles including fake outs that regularly take place.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Swordfish1010 - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 06:23 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 06:10 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: Bought the sub 7k dip last night, feels good man.

I am sure that a decently large number of shorts are getting REKKT.... those fucktwats were getting quite cocky, and surely another few hundred of UP will cause additional damages that the shorters deserve.  Of course, nothing is guaranteed in these kinds of bitcoinlandia battles including fake outs that regularly take place.

They never learn. Like clockwork. Hodl on.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-28-2019

(11-27-2019, 06:24 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 06:23 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:

They never learn. Like clockwork. Hodl on.

Surely there can be differences of opinion regarding how far from the bottom we need to be before we can rest assured that such bottom is in.

I am not any kind of religious follower of charts, but I do like the ones that kind of confirm my own upwards bias in terms of my expectations of BTC price, even though sometimes we know that there can be some tensions between fundamentals and chart analysis and even purposeful BTC price manipulation in the opposite direction, just to fuck those who are too reliant upon reading inevitability into charts or fundamentals or a combination of those.  

At the same time, I believe that it is way the fuck easier for manipulators to be successful in manipulating for short periods of time and within certain paramaters that cannot get too far away from fundamentals and/or technical or they will find themselves getting fucked..... so in that regard, we cannot always differentiate with any certainty, in the short term who is fucking and who is getting fucked... but at the same time, longer term we have some pretty god damned decent ideas that their are great odds in favor of strategies that bias towards accumulating and HODLing bitcoin.

Here's a nice little short term chart tweeted by Velvet @888Velvet from nearly two days ago that paints our current situation in a potentially positive light.  Yeah such chart is not foolproof, but it is nice to look at and decently convincing with lots of soothingly comfortable colors and persuasively informative descriptions, too.

[Image: EKOGZhzXsAUwR9Q?format=jpg&name=small]

https://twitter.com/888Velvet/status/1198952599824850945?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1198958008052658176&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsbtc.com%2F2019%2F11%2F27%2Feerie-bitcoin-fractal-suggests-bottom-6600-surge-8000%2F

888velvet(in the above-linked tweet) Wrote:#BTCUSD $BTCUSD $BTC #BITCOIN

?BULL ANNOUNCEMENT:

?NOVEMBER = IMPORTANT MONTHLY CLOSE!

DEFEND:
✅DIAGONAL BULL CHANNEL
✅TRIANGLE
✅RSI +50
✅20SMA (BB band)

IF YOU SUCCEED YOU WILL BE REWARDED WITH A BULLCROSS NEXT WEEK 50MA/100MA = ?

Then Bears can BTFO!

Drop MIC ?
?

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-28-2019

Here's a nice one.

It does not have all of the bullshit talking points, but it has a few oldies but goodies.  Big Grin Big Grin   

https://imgur.com/a/os3wcOd

[Image: XeMrXoE.png]

Since we have just experienced a significant BTC price correction level; here's a nice little visualization update regarding where we are at, compared with previous corrections.

https://twitter.com/ChartsBtc/status/1199780023042899968?s=20

[Image: EKZ5kkiUYAEkf_v?format=png&name=small]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-29-2019

The below linked tweeter is asserting that not only is the next BTC cycle going to take longer to play out - until December 2022, it is also going to come with a top that is less exponential from the bottom - so only about $120k (about 40x).

I am not saying either way.  He could be right, but maybe not.   We will see.

https://twitter.com/IamCryptoWolf/status/1199703369880915969

[Image: EKYz2GGXkAAcnTw?format=png&name=small]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Swordfish1010 - 11-29-2019

Nice little rise this week.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 11-29-2019

(11-29-2019, 05:02 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: Nice little rise this week.

You are not going to receive any squeaks of complaining from me.

I was just mentioning in the RVF BTC thread that my about 12 hour interaction with various relatives yesterday did not result in one bitcoin related conversation.. even though I had felt a bit gleeful and smug about where bitcoin is and seems to be going - even if we might still experience some short term choppy waters.  Bitcoin does not go anywhere in a straight path, and when looking at the very short term when you are caught up in it, the whole price situation might seem to be moving way too damned slow, even though we get these kinds of little bounces here and there on a regular basis.  

Anyone going to complain about about $1,300 bounce up in a few days?  Of course, those fucktwats who are shorting or waiting for sub $6k prices are going to complain and maybe get pissed off because they may have lost their one last chance to get in below $7,500..... I could only wish... hahahahahaha  I really love when the fence sitters, no coiners and bitcoin naysayers get punished.... and frequently wish that such punishment would happen more often, jaded as that seems to be.   Blush

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Swordfish1010 - 11-29-2019

(11-29-2019, 05:55 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:

I was just mentioning in the RVF BTC thread that my about 12 hour interaction with various relatives yesterday did not result in one bitcoin related conversation.. even though I had felt a bit gleeful and smug about where bitcoin is and seems to be going - even if we might still experience some short term choppy waters.  Bitcoin does not go anywhere in a straight path, and when looking at the very short term when you are caught up in it, the whole price situation might seem to be moving way too damned slow, even though we get these kinds of little bounces here and there on a regular basis.  

Anyone going to complain about about $1,300 bounce up in a few days?  Of course, those fucktwats who are shorting or waiting for sub $6k prices are going to complain and maybe get pissed off because they may have lost their one last chance to get in below $7,500..... I could only wish... hahahahahaha  I really love when the fence sitters, no coiners and bitcoin naysayers get punished.... and frequently wish that such punishment would happen more often, jaded as that seems to be.   Blush

Radio silence from the bears. Like I said, we aren't seeing 6.5k again. That was a gift from the whales.

(11-29-2019, 06:54 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:

Radio silence from the bears. Like I said, we aren't seeing 6.5k again. That was a gift from the whales.

Yeah.. maybe you are correct?  I am not too attached to either outcome because my stacks of buy/sell orders are set up for either direction.  Surely, I would prefer UP, but if the BTC price goes down, I am more than ready, willing and able to make lemonade out of such an outcome... whether reasonably probable or not.

Here's a nice little reddit thread that is trying to suggest with OP that we are likely coming out of whatever bottom there was (similar theory to yours, Swordfish)

https://old.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/e36bok/we_are_just_in_the_beginning_of_next_cycle/

[Image: dPAa4BMnZ2yfcXvhYNob54G-3U9D_OrfEhwjRS0T...1f1ea2db6e]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SpecialEd - 11-29-2019

I was just mentioning in the RVF BTC thread that my about 12 hour interaction with various relatives yesterday did not result in one bitcoin related conversation.. even though I had felt a bit gleeful and smug about where bitcoin is and seems to be going- even if we might still experience some short term choppy waters.  Bitcoin does not go anywhere in a straight path, and when looking at the very short term when you are caught up in it, the whole price situation might seem to be moving way too damned slow, even though we get these kinds of little bounces here and there on a regular basis.  

Be honest. You were thinking about BTC the whole entire time.

Quote:Anyone going to complain about about $1,300 bounce up in a few days?  Of course, those fucktwats who are shorting or waiting for sub $6k prices are going to complain and maybe get pissed off because they may have lost their one last chance to get in below $7,500..... I could only wish... hahahahahaha  I really love when the fence sitters, no coiners nad bitcoin naysayers get punished.... and frequently wish that such punishment would happen more often, jaded as that seems to be.   Blush

Punished lol..some of us have assets and incomes separate from crypto. We can enjoy our family luncheons without worrying about bitcoin bears and bulls haha!

(11-29-2019, 07:36 PM)SpecialEd Wrote:

I was just mentioning in the RVF BTC thread that my about 12 hour interaction with various relatives yesterday did not result in one bitcoin related conversation.. even though I had felt a bit gleeful and smug about where bitcoin is and seems to be going- even if we might still experience some short term choppy waters.  Bitcoin does not go anywhere in a straight path, and when looking at the very short term when you are caught up in it, the whole price situation might seem to be moving way too damned slow, even though we get these kinds of little bounces here and there on a regular basis.  

Not even close.... Tongue I was thinking about BTC only about 90% of the time.

Get a grip, SpecialEd!!!!!! Angry Angry

(11-29-2019, 05:55 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Anyone going to complain about about $1,300 bounce up in a few days?  Of course, those fucktwats who are shorting or waiting for sub $6k prices are going to complain and maybe get pissed off because they may have lost their one last chance to get in below $7,500..... I could only wish... hahahahahaha  I really love when the fence sitters, no coiners nad bitcoin naysayers get punished.... and frequently wish that such punishment would happen more often, jaded as that seems to be.   Blush

Punished lol..some of us have assets and incomes separate from crypto.

Yeah.. I hope that you have some investments and income separate from crypto. If you even attempted to understand one scintilla of the various points that I attempt to make regarding investments, you should recognize that I tend to be an advocate of incrementalism and getting into bitcoin with the employment of such an incrementalist and personally tailored strategy. I hardly would be so vague as to either think about the topic as "crypto" or even to get distracted into thinking that there is any kind of meaningful advantage to diversifying away from bitcoin, especially for anyone attempting to invest rather than gambling.

By the way, you are also lumping vague concepts of income and assets too, and this just goes to again show your ongoing muddled thinking in regards to these different concepts, by seeming to imply that I have a bitcoin income.... ... go fuck yourself... hahahahahahaha

In previous posts, I have suggested that I believe that there should be three stages of bitcoin investment with considerations of bitcoin as a long term rather than a short term investment. So in that regard, early stages would mostly be accumulation. Second stage would be maintenance and the third stage would be liquidation.

Of course, there might not be purity in these stages becomes sometimes they will overlap, depending on how guys implement their strategies. Anyhow, on a personal level, I consider the liquidation phase to be an income phase, and I have asserted that I have not entered such a state, yet. Although I will disclose that there was one short period that I had made some relatively small withdrawal of a small portion of my bitcoin (around 4% or even less of my total stash), and that could have largely been categorized as liquidation or income, even though I have made some modest efforts at replenishing such bitcoins.. which it still remains a bit unclear, even in my own account management how those modest efforts of replenishing bitcoins, in this case, is going to be accounted.. and maybe largely in the end they will just have to be categorized and considered as liquidation/income. I am not really attached either way, because sometimes, "shit happens."

(11-29-2019, 07:36 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: We can enjoy our family luncheons without worrying about bitcoin bears and bulls haha!

Are you employing the royal "we" here or do you have a rock in your pocket?

Now, if you believe that I "worry" about bitcoin price direction, you also need to brush up on your reading skills. Probably you cannot really read much anyhow, beyond a few selective sentences here and there, no?

In other words, don't interpret my practice or hobby or whatever you want to call it of sharing a lot of information in this thread or any other bitcoin discussions that I might have as "worrying."

Maybe a few years ago, including 2014/2015/2016-ish, you might have fairly categorized some aspects of my bitcoin related behaviors as worrying, even though I would have categorized my behavior during that period as accumulation and attempting to get marginal increases in accumulation amounts, but after that period, my trading ranges have increased a lot - which also goes to an attempt to employ larger swing trading practices with larger increments, in order that my trades are triggers less and less often as the BTC price goes up. Of course, I would have liked to have completely graduated out of lower price swings of less than 10% or 15%, maybe even graduating into much higher BTC price swing trigger territories, but have not quite gotten there yet, but that is fine. I am comfortable with whereever I am at in terms of when my buys or sells are triggered, which seems to be way the fuck less maintenance than it was, even in the 2014/2015/2016-ish time frame, and probably part of the reason for that is that bitcoin prices have not even come close to regressing back to those levels, and think about it, prior to 2017, bitcoin prices had not really even entered the 4 digit realm except for short periods in late 2013 and early 2014, so my system of less involvement with higher prices seems to be working quite great including the fact that BTC prices have not been returning even close to those relatively lower levels.. which also might cause me to have to pay attention (like I did previously) if BTC prices were to return to 3 digits which would trigger smaller increments in my trade triggerings (highly unlikely, no?)

If you had been paying even the slightest of attention, you may have been able to gather reality rather than just fantasizing and making shit up, which seems to be more in line with your actual specialed kind of speciality. Go figure? Tongue

Quote:Anyone going to complain about about $1,300 bounce up in a few days?  Of course, those fucktwats who are shorting or waiting for sub $6k prices are going to complain and maybe get pissed off because they may have lost their one last chance to get in below $7,500..... I could only wish... hahahahahaha  I really love when the fence sitters, no coiners nad bitcoin naysayers get punished.... and frequently wish that such punishment would happen more often, jaded as that seems to be.   Blush

Punished lol..some of us have assets and incomes separate from crypto. We can enjoy our family luncheons without worrying about bitcoin bears and bulls haha!
Keep waiting bro.

(11-29-2019, 08:13 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:

Keep waiting bro.

Hahahahaha

You are correct, swordfish.

With his ongoing vagueness, SpecialEd tries to imply that he has made some kind of meaningful investment into BTC, and/or that he has some kind of prudent strategy regarding his overall investment choices and allocations, but he is going to likely realize that he failed/refused (and thus has been a dumbass) in regards to how seriously he took bitcoin's contribution to the whole space.  

SpecialEd is so deluded that he can barely use the term "bitcoin," except if he is attempting to make some kind of lame denigrating reference.  He seems to believe that the term "crypto" has some kind of meaning, which shows that he fails/refuses to understand the very concept that he is attempting to act as if he is the smartest guy in the room about.    hahahahaha

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SpecialEd - 11-29-2019

Has anyone here met up with JJG before?

I'm really curious to see how that level of verbosity plays out in real life.