SwoopTheWorld
The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Printable Version

+- SwoopTheWorld (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Lifestyle Forum (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) (/showthread.php?tid=813)

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-04-2019

Another nice little reminder from Misir Mahmudov - setting forth the BTC low prices for each month of 2019.. Can you see a pattern?

https://twitter.com/misir_mahmudov/status/1168988268303663105

>>>>>>Bitcoin 2019 *monthly lows* show how strong this bull will be

Jan- $3,401
Feb- $3,399
Mar- $3,734
Apr- $4,097
May- $5,348
Jun- $7,583
Jul- $9,163
Aug- $9,321

This isn’t a few months of 2017 gamble mania anymore

This is a store of value in the making

This is just the beginning<<<<<<<

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-04-2019

(09-04-2019, 04:24 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: *Yawn*

Yawn about what?

What are you expecting, SE?

Seems to me that Bitcoin remains volatile as fuck, but surely we still are quite likely to experience significant periods of correction, consolidation and/or price flatness.. especially seeming like a long time while we are in the middle of them, but even whale manipulators need some time to attempt to recover and regroup in whatever efforts they are attempting to move BTC's price in their preferred direction.

Bitcoin's hashing power is continuing to reach new exponential records and the below linked article attempts to explain what hashing power in bitcoin means.

https://decentralize.today/cryptocurrency/a-tweetstorm-series-featuring-yan-pritzker-author-of-inventing-bitcoin

The below tweet from r/bitcoin puts a number on the bitcoin hashpower matter, too... which current hashpower is 8x higher than it was in December 2017 during the most recent ATH of $19,666 (or the current winner of ATHs).

https://twitter.com/RedditBTC/status/1169179379211087873?s=20
>>>>>>Bitcoin's hashrate hit 80,000,000,000,000,000,000 hashes per second (exahash), 8 times higher than when the price was $20K. It's a leading indicator for a new bull run. This is a simple article explaining how it works.<<<<<<

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-05-2019

Apparently, Trezor has just come out with some new wallet management software that they call shamir backup.  Announced a few days ago.

https://blog.trezor.io/shamir-backup-the-revolution-of-private-keys-backup-is-here-858687ed7fe7

[Image: 1*hUIVB-n4E7F1_fOsRP14Zg.jpeg]

Anyone here holding bitcoin private keys or relying on exchanges or some other mechanisms, such as investing in BTC indirectly such as GBTC.    I personally believe that anyone who believes in the power of bitcoin, in terms of holding your own wealth should at least hold part of their stash (maybe even considered as a bug out bag) privately.. and in a way that no one else knows - except may be a family member or instructions how to recover in a will.  Shamir recovery does allow another kind of option that might be practical for the circumstances of some guys.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SpecialEd - 09-05-2019

I was just yawning because I was tired. I read this thread before going to bed. Works better than melotonin.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 04:34 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I was just yawning because I was tired. I read this thread before going to bed. Works better than melotonin.

oh do you print it out?  I heard that paper versions of writing work better for bedtime readings rather than electronics.  I recall it is the blue part of the light spectrum that stimulates awakeness.

Accordingly, "they say" that if you use electronics before bedtime, then it can screw up your ability to readily fall asleep.

Secondly, maybe if you were to invest a bit more into bitcoin, then you would be better able to engage with the topic in an active and excitement exuding kind of way.  For example, sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and I check the BTC price - probably because I am invested in such.  On the other hand, I could relate that if I were to be a no coiner (or maybe a little coiner, like yourself), then likely the bitcoin topic would not excite me hardly at all and also I might not be so able to relate to certain kinds of ongoing bitcoin happenings, whether we are talking price or some other development(s).

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SpecialEd - 09-05-2019

I have the bluelight filter enabled on my phone. Standard on new androids, but maybe geriatrics like yourself dont know about it.

I reckon i have more in btc than you do. Also earn more as I dont spend half my day engaging in crypto babble. But eh if that helps keep you stimulated and staves off senility, then carry on.

(09-05-2019, 06:03 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I have the bluelight filter enabled on my phone. Standard on new androids, but maybe geriatrics like yourself dont know about it.

Well, part of the reason to participate in these here interwebs (i.e. series of tubes) is to attempt to learn from udder peeps, like ur selfie.

(09-05-2019, 06:03 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I reckon i have more in btc than you do.

Huh? Now you are into comparing dick sizes, when I was trying to get some kind of ideas about your BTC investment strategies and plans a few months ago, and you were playing the "keep a secret" game.

(09-05-2019, 06:03 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Also earn more as I dont spend half my day engaging in crypto babble.

I am happy with where I am at, and bitcoin surely has supplemented my position quite a long way.

I tend to NOT engage in "crypto" babbles, because the main crypto that interests me is bitcoin. But, yeah, part of the misinformation and distractions come from folks who seem to fail or refuse to recognize bitcoin as king daddy, and so there is that aspect that seems to be part and parcel of attempts at regular bitcoin discussion.

But yeah, surely I am glad for your that you have a JOB that helps to keep you busy on a regular basis. Grandma must be proud of you, too.

(09-05-2019, 06:03 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: But eh if that helps keep you stimulated and staves off senility, then carry on.

It's a choice for me.

Oh my!!!!!!

I think that various world leaders (I am talking about government leaders) are starting to spout out ideas of creating kinds of digital currencies, similar to libra blah blah blah, as a way to create a world-wide currency that potentially supplants the US Dollar as the world's reserve currency.  

Seems like a door opening for bitcoin to demonstrate its superiority in that direction, no?...... 

https://business.financialpost.com/technology/blockchain/the-future-of-money-is-here-canada-should-take-the-lead-and-launch-our-own-cryptocurrency

Will be interesting to see how any of such conglomeration currency plays out, or competition that such currency will receive and also US government response to such efforts.

Here's a link to an article from yesterday with a relatively bullish BTC price prediction - attempting to cover the range of BTC's price trajectory for the next 10-20 years.

https://medium.com/@hcburger1/bitcoins-natural-long-term-power-law-corridor-of-growth-649d0e9b3c94

As quoted from the article, in essence, here is a summary of what is being predicted:

>>>>>>>>>[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]This model allows us to make broad predictions concerning the long-term future price of bitcoin, e.g.[/color]
  • [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]the price will reach $100 000 per bitcoin no earlier than 2021 and no later than 2028. After 2028, the price will never drop below $100 000.[/color]

• [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]the price will reach $1 000 000 per bitcoin no earlier than 2028 and no later than 2037. After 2037, the price will never drop below $1 000 000.<<<<<<<[/color]

Here's a visual representation from the article:

[Image: 1*QZxTofnMCgwEjoaDNznLDw.png]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SpecialEd - 09-06-2019

Monero had some strong gains lately, up 5%. HODL!

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-06-2019

(09-06-2019, 04:11 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Monero had some strong gains lately, up 5%. HODL!

This is NOT a compare and contrast shitcoins thread or a how much money you can make thread.  

You must have gotten lost and found yourself in the wrong place.  

Have you heard about bitcoin?  Remember the thingie that you had claimed to have more than me of (supposedly? ), even though you were suggesting in some kind of vague abstraction that you were selling recently during our recent dip?  

In other words, who gives any kind of ratt's asses about monero unless at least minimally you are attempting to make some kind of factual or logical connection to king daddy bitcoin?....

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - SpecialEd - 09-06-2019

I dont see where I mentioned a shitcoin?

Btc may be king, but monero is the much better looking prince.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-06-2019

(09-06-2019, 04:42 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I dont see where I mentioned a shitcoin?

Btc may be king, but monero is the much better looking prince.

Look at the topic of this thread?  There is another thread about crypto more generally, or you could create even another thread that is specifically about your shitcoin.  All other coins are shit coins except bitcoin, and even if NOT, they are shitcoins in terms of the subject matter of this thread.

In other words, there is plenty to discuss in this thread about bitcoin rather than getting distracted by various pump and dumps, including your precious.... no wonder you were having trouble focusing on bitcoin, earlier, you apparently seem to be distracted by nonsense (or at least off-topicness).    Tongue Tongue Smile Rolleyes

The dementia is strong in this one.

If you appreciate btc's original purpose, a currency that undermines central banks and fiat currency via private, anonymous transactions - not just some boomer-esque investment fad - then you cant so casually dismiss a coin that does that even better. And has rapidly risen in market cap and useage to boot.

Also youre a noob here. You dont determine a thread derail even if youre old enough to be my grandpa.

(09-06-2019, 05:19 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: The dementia is strong in this one.

What the fuck are you talking about? If anyone is devolving into dementia, that seems to be the guy that you see in your mirror.

The OP of the thread already stated fairly clearly and unequivocally that this is a bitcoin ONLY thread. Furthermore, there is a specific section, in OP regarding attempts at on-topicness. A relevant portion of such OP is as follows:

>>>>>>Other consideration related to attempts at on-topicness in this thread:
To the extent that other crypto projects are discussed in this thread, there should, at least, be some kind of an attempt to relate that topic to bitcoin.<<<<<

Your first post about Monero did NOT mention anything about bitcoin or make any kind of meaningful attempt to make a bitcoin connection... so any connection to bitcoin would have been abstract at best, and such abstractness merely presumes your post to be somehow magically related to bitcoin because? reasons?

You have hardly asserted any reasons and hardly even made an any attempt to relate monero to bitcoin, except now retroactively.

(09-06-2019, 05:19 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: If you appreciate btc's original purpose, a currency that undermines central banks and fiat currency via private, anonymous transactions - not just some boomer-esque investment fad - then you cant so casually dismiss a coin that does that even better. And has rapidly risen in market cap and useage to boot.

Get the fuck out of here with your nonsensical attempt to outline what is or would have been bitcoin's "original purpose." You have hardly even shown that you understand bitcoin itself with any kind of credibility with your frequently vague and amorphous posts, so now, all of a sudden, you have become a self-assigned expert on bitcoin's "original purpose?" Get real.

Let's say that hypothetically you had been successful to outline bitcoin's "original purpose." You still would then have to be able to retrospectively argue that your chosen shitcoin is achieving such "original purpose" in a way that is better than bitcoin itself. You have not even come close to making any such claim, and again, your lame retrospective attempt seems to be off-topic at best, yet if you had meaningfully lead up front with your first post with an attempt to at least describe your post as an attempt to be on the topic of bitcoin, then maybe there would be some reason to entertain your striving for a bitcoin connection. But you didn't.

(09-06-2019, 05:19 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Also youre a noob here. You dont determine a thread derail even if youre old enough to be my grandpa.

Well, I know how to read the OP, and I can see that you continue to be off topic. I have several times already attempted to drop little hints to you, such as saying that you are off topic, and pointing you out to other threads, but you seem to either not understand or not want to understand.

You are having trouble understanding when your post is NOT on topic? And, you retrospectively attempt to rehabilitate such towards on topicness? which was weak at best.

Again, you can either make your own thread, or perhaps put your topic of your shitcoin into the crypto thread. I know that you already know about the crypto thread, but here is a link for any other guy who might not know about it.

Regarding your other attempts to pull rank on me, those seem lame at best - therefore, otherwise unnecessary for me to devolve further into more discussion in that direction.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-07-2019

I like the below twitter link of a chart, because such chart is so pretty with copper, silver and gold contained therein.

https://twitter.com/BitcoinEcon/status/1169986056734859264

[Image: EDygHMKX4AEPBSo?format=png&name=small]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-07-2019

Here are a couple of cute bitcoin visuals in order to provide some perspective regarding bitcoin's size as compared to other asset classes and other markets.  Should provide some sense of the "earliness" that still "is" in the bitcoin space.

https://twitter.com/panama_tj/status/1169713196082638848?s=21

[Image: EDun8qmXkAIVp0s?format=jpg&name=small]

https://twitter.com/cypherpunk79/status/1169745427115204608?s=21

[Image: EDvFQyxXkAAihCB?format=jpg&name=small]

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - Swordfish1010 - 09-07-2019

^^ These people won't get it until it is $1 a sat. Save your energy. They will figure it out the hard way.

RE: The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics) - JayJuanGee - 09-08-2019

(09-07-2019, 08:20 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: ^^ These people won't get it until it is $1 a sat. Save your energy. They will figure it out the hard way.

You might be right about how long it is going to take for some people to recognize that there is a difference between bitcoin and other cryptos, and surely, there has been some transformations in the kinds of trolling, shilling or bitcoin naysaying.

I think that any of the Bitcoin threads that have not either gotten taken over by troll, shills or bitcoin naysayers have had to maintain a decent amount of vigilance to keep stamping out the bullshit.  Sometimes the troll, shill, naysayers are engaging on purpose, and sometimes they do not realize what they are doing, but I think that the attempt to rebutt, clarify or to redirect is NOT necessarily only aimed at them but aimed current audience or future audience and to attempt to clarify for others, or potential others... even the genuine ones that might be confused and wanting to learn while teeter tottering between good information and misinformation.  Also, sometimes clarification does allow some opportunities to bump the thread or even to reiterate or put out some information that needs to be stated.

A recent term batted around recently is the difference between no coiners and pre coiners... Some people might be precoiners but don't know yet, and even the no coiners (which tends to be a label for someone more hostile to bitcoin) might end up becoming a coiner, like you said in some place way down the road when they seem to have no other choice... which could be a way down the road.

One point, regarding Special Ed is that he seems to have more coins than me, which really seems hard to believe that he has any coins given the state of his ongoing presentation of ignorance and vagueness, but likely it is just a dick waving opportunity in which either he is just trying to pump me for more personal information and/or he just knows that he can make those kinds of nonsubstantiated claims and there is no real incentive (at least from me) for him to actually prove his nonsubstantiated and likely to be bullshit regarding some supposed "balling" quantity of coins that he has, and probably he also only bangs 10s.. hahaahahahahaaha, unlike some of us regular guys who settle for less... some of us more less than others depending on circumstances.