SwoopTheWorld
Rollo Tomassi - Printable Version

+- SwoopTheWorld (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Rollo Tomassi (/showthread.php?tid=3066)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rollo Tomassi - DVR - 01-21-2021

I just finished reading The Rational Male. I had an interesting reaction to it. We can probably all agree it's horribly written, organized terribly, and full of typos and grammar mistakes. That aside, I don't think he's the guy.

Firstly, why can I not find a photo of this guys wife? Would we all agree that he should have an attractive wife?

He's kind of a dweeb. I just watched his interview with Nick Krauser. If you didn't know who he was, would you not think right away this guy is beta?

In the book he says he banged 40 girls. Granted he's not writing about how to pickup girls, but that's a low number for an expert in this space, no?

With all that said, I still think it has a net benefit for most guys to read it.

But, seriously, why can't I find a picture of his wife?

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Contrarian Expatriate - 01-21-2021

I thought his follow up book, "Preventive Medicine" was a far more valuable read but it strangely remains far less known.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Suits - 01-21-2021

(01-21-2021, 03:31 AM)DVR Wrote: Firstly, why can I not find a photo of this guys wife? Would we all agree that he should have an attractive wife?

In the book he says he banged 40 girls. Granted he's not writing about how to pickup girls, but that's a low number for an expert in this space, no?

But, seriously, why can't I find a picture of his wife?

Because you’re not searching hard enough.

I found a photo of his wife right away.

Here she is.

[Image: bd4ecfe64084c7dec4483b71726aa9f33f8f14af_hq.jpg]

RE: Rollo Tomassi - AirWaves - 01-21-2021

Why does OP want to dox Rollo's wife?

Dude is like 50 now. Says he got laid mostly during the 80s as part of the LA rock scene then.

Not saying I believe everything Rollo says. Neither does Krauser. Especially re: the Tate brothers.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Rottenapple - 01-21-2021

You start a thread on a guy who has written important books for men all over the world and you dedicate it to writing about his typos and how you can't find a picture of his wife. And your conclusion is that he is a beta because he only fucked 40 women roughly...

Waiting for your value contributions.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Lino - 01-21-2021

Lol at judging the « alphaness » of a man by his notch count.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Great Husky 63 - 01-22-2021

Rollo talks about conductive masculinity and virility, plus relationship advise based on interpersonal relationships mechanics. He is not a PUA, nor does he has ever made books or courses for picking up. He delves too much on book-smarts vs street-smarts. At this point, the feminists and the marxists have not eaten him alive, so he is doing something good.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - billydingdong - 01-22-2021

The guy's writing bores me to tears and I find his manner of dissecting male/female dynamics dry, tedious, and lifeless.

On the other hand, I have massive respect that he's put serious thought into his work, put himself out there publicly, and has built a substantial cult audience/following — especially since he's pushing beliefs that are heretical in polite society.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Harem Scarem - 01-22-2021

I got a lot of value out of his first book and videos. I have the other two books but haven't had the patience to read them yet. Although his content is solid, the writing style is a bit ponderous and unsubtle, so it's tiring to read all the time. I think most of his first book is a compilation or reorganisation of forum and blog posts.

He has a fourth book out on 'religion' just now, might be interesting. He's had a lot to say about Roosh and others "converting" and why this old way of thinking doesn't work anymore. I might buy it but at the moment I'm not really reading any red-pill books or blogs, using my leisure time to read classic works of fiction instead, or history.

By the way, the network of guys he associates with, types like Richard Cooper, Jon from MLD, Rian Stone, etc. are all thoughtful and entertaining. So it's not just the guy himself but also others who provide value and who look up to Rollo. Surely that's not without good reason.

I don't think Rollo ever claimed to be a PUA or give specific pick-up advice, more like a dude who gives a social and cultural framework. So I don't blame him for not being something he never claimed to be. For sure you've got to take guys like this with a grain of salt and not get caught up in just constantly reading shit and not doing anything. But there's still value to be derived from guys like Rollo even if you don't treat them as your personal Jesus.

Of course it gives a better picture if you know what kind of women a guy bangs, but in the end his wife is not a public person. The moment you put yourself out there with this kind of message, lots of people will get value from it, but lots of other people will reject it. Not just feminists, but also incels will try to doxx you and your loved ones. No matter if your wife is a 5 or a 10 they will post mean pictures about her pointy knees at best, or send death threats at worst. So yeah I don't think he owes receipts to anyone. And this whole modern thing of demanding "receipts" from strangers, although understandable, is kind of a nonstarter. Nobody is forced to engage with his content.

Bang count I think is relative. A count of 40 is low for some guys, but logical for a guy who has been in a committed relationship or marriage for a long time. Other guys will learn game at 18 (or be naturals), stay single for life, and get a notch count in the triple or quadruple digits. They could both have the exact same level of game. Again I can see where the question comes from, but mostly the question of who bangs who is a matter of indifference.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Suits - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 10:29 AM)Harem Scarem Wrote: Bang count I think is relative. A count of 40 is low for some guys, but logical for a guy who has been in a committed relationship or marriage for a long time.

If you can get 40, you’ve can get as many as you want. It’s just a question of standards at that point.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Manbeline - 01-22-2021

Rollo has had a bit of the rock star experience, not to mention he has been in and out of the entertainment industry, so he has gotten around. He obviously reads and studies more than other men on the subjects he writes and talks about, and his advice is very useful. Most of what I read him say in his books have been proven coming true in my experience, so he's credible enough to me. Used some of his knowledge to refine myself, such as the very helpful menstrual cycle of women and how it affects their decision making. Though I would love to hear what he thinks now that birth control is normalized and those cycles are thrown out of whack.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Pavlov's dog - 01-23-2021

(01-22-2021, 06:22 PM)Manbeline Wrote: Though I would love to hear what he thinks now that birth control is normalized and those cycles are thrown out of whack.

Part of why his writing is great is because he gives pretty deep evo psyche explanations of things; that can be expanded in many arenas and applicable to many different things. I'm sure you could extrapolate what he may think by looking at how various birth control effects the hormonal cycle

RE: Rollo Tomassi - churros - 01-23-2021

I could never get through Rollo's stuffy technical prose although his ideas were clearly influential. I always preferred Heartiste and better still Patrice O' Neill.

At best the evo-pysch in game is merely practical; and at worst it is pseudoscience. That's why the comedic form is an infinitely superior presentation, and why Rollo's pious scientism appears ludicrous.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - OldSojer - 01-26-2021

I found his stuff invaluable when I was getting divorced.   Nobody explains the whole spectrum of intersexual dynamics better.
He deserves a Nobel Prize for this graphic alone[Image: yY58MX3.jpg]

RE: Rollo Tomassi - JolietJake - 01-26-2021

(01-23-2021, 04:59 PM)churros Wrote: I could never get through Rollo's stuffy technical prose although his ideas were clearly influential. I always preferred Heartiste and better still Patrice O' Neill.

At best the evo-pysch in game is merely practical; and at worst it is pseudoscience. That's why the comedic form is an infinitely superior presentation, and why Rollo's pious scientism appears ludicrous.

Different strokes for different folks on this one for me. While I like Patrice's sense of humor, along with appreciating heartiste's concise take of things, Rollo has its place with me as well.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - akms76 - 01-27-2021

It's a sad day when somebody like Rollo, gets any negativity given the obvious truth he is spreading. His books are NOT on the new york times best seller list and as such an editor worth the money probably wasn't involved. But wtf? It doesn't matter, its NOT suppose to be entertaining, it's suppose to get the beta/blue pill out you and start making you think RED PILLED. As a guy that likes to find out what really is going on (especially with women) I find his info, to be spot on. As far as his notch count, I'd say 40 is pretty good considering he looks like a nerd, that doesn't lift and is probably 5'5 or so. In fact his findings are even more IMPORTANT than an ALPHA that's banged 500, just because he's a CHAD. You will learn nothing from CHAD and everything from the nerd, because he needed game to score. I also give him HIGH marks for actually telling the truth about his past. Most guys lie their ass off about their conquests. You knowho you are lol

Cheers,

RE: Rollo Tomassi - klh - 01-27-2021

(01-21-2021, 11:20 AM)Rottenapple Wrote: guy who has written important books for men

Yes.  Rollo was a heavy metal musician in L.A., so he literally got laid like a rock star.  At college, he became a guidance counselor to lovelorn college guys.  A lot of his advice is avoiding unhealthy fixations on uninterested or unavailable women.

Then Rollo's brother-in-law committed suicide after being dumped by Rollo's sister-in-law.  Rollo was already happily married, and had no personal need for pick-up skills.  Instead, he wanted to help other men.  Another good example is Terrence Popp, of Redonkulous.

So, Rollo is not a great writer nor extremely educated intellectual.  He stopped dating around age 30.  He is not rich in his second career, after music didn't work out.  While he seems fit, he is not an athlete.

And that is exactly the point.  By many measures, Rollo is an average guy.  He didn't need to be rich to get women.  He had multiple women chasing him as a broke musician.  He didn't need to be muscular.  He played with skinny musicians who wore make-up and hair spray!  He was only famous in a local niche of heavy metal bars.  But he developed a successful attitude and understanding of women.

In particular, Rollo didn't want to earn money in a 9-5 office job.  After indulging his passion for music, he explored psychology, and then chose the hospitality industry.  He chose to get married and have a family.  He blogs, rescues greyhounds, and rides snowmobiles.  Game skills gave him choices to create a balanced life of dating, family, career, health, and recreation.  He wants to make choices available to other men.  Suicide is not a good choice.

I despise keyboard alpha's (AlphaRivelino, Family Alpha, Gorilla Mindset, Bold and Determined) who think bench pressing and paperback books makes a man successful.  They typically have crummy careers, no accomplishments, and aren't always fit.  By comparison, Rollo was a literal rock star, and Terrence Popp is a Green Beret combat veteran.  Rollo and Terrence don't strut.  They just dispense good advice and attitudes.

Feminists don't consider male suicides, incels, homeless, incarcerated, special education, unemployed, suicides, or victims of accidents and violence.  Men are not inherently lovable, and many find that nobody cares about them.  Rollo does care.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - Suits - 01-27-2021

(01-26-2021, 12:36 AM)OldSojer Wrote: He deserves a Nobel Prize for this graphic alone[Image: yY58MX3.jpg]

They generally don’t give out the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science for graphs based entirely on an unproven hypothesis.

Lots of men see an improvement in their dating success in their late twenties and early thirties, but the idea that the average man peaks at about 38 is laughable. There’s about a billion beer bellies that would like to have a word with you.

I’m glad you found his writing helpful in your life, though. A perspective doesn’t need to have a rock solid evidentiary basis to provide meaningful value to people and to inspire further thinking.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - AirWaves - 01-27-2021

^ Let's be fair, Rollo has addressed this point before too.

Men don't just wake up at 38 and find themselves valuable. The graph assumes men do the work to make themselves more valuable. Most guys are just starting that process in their teens and early 20s.

RE: Rollo Tomassi - OldSojer - 01-31-2021

Between the "replication crisis" and politicization in academic social sciences, a huge amount of "peer reviewed" studies are absolute bullshit.

"Studies" are tailored to produce a desired result. There are other questions which can't be studied at all.

Rollo's graph works because it matches up with experience - a high value 38 year old man can swoop a high value 24 year old woman. You can dispute the precise ages, but there's no disputing that the value of your average 38 year old man far exceeds the value of an average 38yo woman.

I'll take rough empiricism aka common sense over academic "studies" any day.