SwoopTheWorld
Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - Printable Version

+- SwoopTheWorld (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Lifestyle Forum (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) (/showthread.php?tid=2836)

Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - VitaminD - 09-20-2020

Interested to know what everyones morning routine consists of.

What do you have for breakfast?

Do you have any skincare routine? Which products?

Other rituals? Like exercise, meditation, jerking off or else. What does it do for you?

Personally I have coffee, a banana and some almonds for breakfast. Helps me wake up and fills me for a few hours. Right now I'm trying to replace the coffee with matcha green tea for health benefits

I'll also drink a cup or two of water

Wash my face every morning (and night before sleeping too) as my skin is very oily. Obviously brush my teeth etc

For my hair (I'm thinning), I take 1mg of finasteride + minoxydil

As to rituals per se I don't really have any.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - floridaman - 09-20-2020

You noticed any negative sides from the finasteride?

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - VitaminD - 09-20-2020

Been taking it for 10 years and no side effects knock on wood. Feeling fine, same sex drive and amount of cum. As to sperm count hard to tell without an actual test

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - floridaman - 09-20-2020

(09-20-2020, 04:58 PM)VitaminD Wrote: Been taking it for 10 years and no side effects knock on wood. Feeling fine, same sex drive and amount of cum. As to sperm count hard to tell without an actual test

I bought a bunch of it online but havent touched it.

Problem with finasteride is it doesnt just prevent DHT conversion, it also prevents synthesis of neurosteroids like allopregnanolone (which plays in role in depression & anxiety among other things). Anyone taking it is a guinea pig at this point because there's no longer studies as to the effects of that. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19655698/

Not sure if it's worth the potential risks. 

Right now keeping my hair fine with just minodoxil and nizoral. Would consider a hair transplant down the road and those hairs will be DHT resistant anyway.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - El Dandy - 09-20-2020

Been slacking up lately due to the perma-homeoffice thing, but in my most disciplined days I wake up at 5:30, head up to the gym to enter as the doors open at 6:00, work out till 7:20-7:30, come back, shower, grab a quick breakfast (often just scrambled eggs, nowadays I'd take a protein shake, some fruit, greek yogurt, oats) then drive to work. Coffee helps.

Get cheap "Loreal For Men" liquid soap for the face, and moisturizer. GNC's "Vitamin A&D" cream is fantastic, could help prevent "rooster's feet" around your eyelids. Also, once a week, after a hot shower I exfoliate my face mixing 50/50 baking soda and honey, apply on the skin, leave for 10 minutes, rinse with warm water then cold water to close the pores (was taught this by a girl I see, who has impeccable skin). Helps get rid of black spots and excess oil.

Routines? Dunno, really. But catching up on reading at night helps to prevent insomnia.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - JsElysianEagle - 09-20-2020

Nothing special for the morning routine here, I try to stay low on the carbs if I can and instead of juices prefer just green tea instead. Lately I've been doin intermittent fasting so often I'll just skip breakfast entirely.

Definitely +1 on the skincare though, I think a lot of guys neglect this area at their own peril - it's one of the first places where aging starts to show. Regular moisturizing + sunscreen can be a huge help.

Re. the fin + min -> also been on it for a number of years and I can definitely say it helped slow the thinning/falling. Also, when I shower I never use shampoo or conditioner anymore, I'm convinced that the natural hair + skin oil (on the scalp) is actually beneficial and washing it all away everyday is detrimental. On the few occasions I use shampoo now I notice more shedding in the shower.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - el_hefe - 09-20-2020

My mornings always start with a glass of water followed by a hot cup of black coffee while browsing the web. No breakfast here either as I do intermittent fasting. After I finish my coffee I'll usually head out for some moderate to high intensity cardio while in a fasted state.

Then a quick post-cardio shower followed up with the application of minoxidil for my hair and hyaluronic acid to keep my face hydrated for the day. Lastly I stretch and foam roll before heading out for the day.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - floridaman - 09-21-2020

My morning routine is similar.

Wake up and drink a glass of water. Take some vitamin C & D.
Have a cup of black coffee.

30-40 minute run. (Most days - will skip it for early afternoon weights workout).

Protein shake with berries, greens powder, matcha, and flax.

Then start knocking out the to do list I wrote the night before.

I'd like to try some meditation/mindfulness as I know it works for a lot of people.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - Wintermute - 09-21-2020

The big quest of my life right now is to find a place of simplicity and resilience that is not easily shaken. In my opinion, morning rituals are antithetical to this. I am really starting to value a lifestyle that is resilient and can withstand external pressure. I want to be able to wake up and face the day wherever I am and whatever is happening in the world.

I used to need to do a ton of stuff to make sure my day was set up correctly. Wake up, 2 strong coffees, 30 minutes of cardio, shower, meditation, a big breakfast, deep breathing, some kind of motivational video. So many moving parts that, if broken, would make me feel like I didn't get off to a good start. Very fragile.

Nowadays: wake up and a quick cold shower, I have recently reintroduced coffee to my diet so I'll have one cup in the morning. While I drink it, I think -what needs doing today? And I start doing that.

Recently started IF so no breakfast.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - Disco_Volante - 09-22-2020

I bought the neutrogena hyaluronic moisturizer, not sure if it does any good. I got skin serum too, but it has alcohol and other acids and glycerin in the ingredients so I'm pretty sure that's bad for your skin. Any moisturizer with so many chemicals is surely having a negative effect on your skin.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - LeBeau - 09-26-2020

With so many people working from home, keep in mind the importance of getting a bit of fresh air and sun to start your day too.

Take a moment to go outside (even just on a balcony if you don't have a backyard) and do some mobility work to loosen up. Many guys are guilty of focusing too much on building muscle mass and strength but then wonder why they get injured when they have very little flexibility or mobility.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - Jetset - 09-27-2020

For a weekday?

1. Keep a carafe by the bed. Alarm goes off at 6:50, I try to wake up naturally around 6:30. Have a glass of water.

2. Get up, brush my teeth, make a coffee, and go over my schedule and task list. Anything that requires my attention at a specific time is already on my schedule. Everything else went on the task list. I have tasks divided into major and minor items. If I'm already pretty booked, I might only move one major item into "today". If my day is clear, I might pull in three.

3. Spend about twenty minutes doing some cardio/mobility/endurance exercises. Not heavy, just a bunch of ballistic movements to get my heart rate up and stretch out my shoulders, hips, etc. Looking out my big picture window and watch some of the sunrise over the wooded hills while I do that.

4. Make a fruit, whey, greens, and oatmeal shake. Check the news and read over something interesting while I drink it. If it's the weekend, I might actually cook something, like bacon and eggs, but I'm just not a big breakfast guy.

5. Shower. Quick skin care routine: put niacinamide on my face to discourage redness and oil. (This is made by The Ordinary. It comes in a cheap vial and seems to work.) Get my hair in order while that dries, put on a moisturizing sunscreen. If I know it's going to be a heavy outdoors day and the weather is warm, I'll go ahead and use a stronger waterproof one.

6. If I'm running ahead on time, I might do a Duolingo. However, it's probably after 8:00 am so now I'll check my emails and messages then start on my first major task.

One thing you might notice is that I try to compartmentalize everything that happened overnight away from everything that happened yesterday. I realized it was a huge problem to allow new emails and events pull me off my agenda, so I try to decide what I'm going to do that day before I even check to see what's going on. Obviously, if I'm doing squats and notice there are tanks in the streets and the building across the viaduct is on fire, I might take an immediate interest and change plans, but otherwise, it's probably just going on my list of things to deal with and I'll sleep on it. Odds are, by morning I'll have decided it's stupid and delete it. Most things in life are stupid and should be deleted in favor of your longer-term goals.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - Rhyme or Reason - 10-03-2020

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Rhyme or Reason,Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - Augie March - 10-03-2020

(09-20-2020, 03:38 PM)VitaminD Wrote: Interested to know what everyones morning routine consists of.

Other rituals? Like exercise, meditation, jerking off or else. What does it do for you?

Personally I have coffee, a banana and some almonds for breakfast. Helps me wake up and fills me for a few hours. Right now I'm trying to replace the coffee with matcha green tea for health benefits

Wash my face every morning (and night before sleeping too) as my skin is very oily. Obviously brush my teeth etc

Whenever I've not had a big night out before: I don't often rely on alarms — I naturally seem to be able to rise between 06.30 and 07.15 during the week. 

- I try to be out of bed within 5 minutes of getting up. 

- Toilet and cold shower  will bring a pot of water to the boil and leave the kettle on in between.

- Ingest Victamin C & D, Zinc and Magnesium.

- Breakfast will be two medium-boiled eggs; two slices of dry-cured ham; two slices of wet-cured ham; two slices of salami; two slices of cheese; two slices of brown bread with either cheese spread or Quark. Sometimes, I might add two sausages, a slice of black pudding and Mett. A pot of tea, a glass of orange juice and a glass of sparkling water to go with. 

Three times a week, I'd swap the above out for a bowl of muesli with yoghurt with nuts, Chia-, pumpkin- and sunflower-seeds. 

On occasion, I might switch it up with something different, such as a full English fry up. I'd like to maintain at least 3 non-meat breakfasts per week though.

- I'd listen to a podcast during meal prep and eating.

- Brush and floss teeth. 

Intending to add to my morning routine: 

- Leave all electronic devices (mobile smartphone and laptop) out of arms' reach from my bedside. Do not check them within the first 15 minutes of getting up. Switch off Wifi and data the night before. That also means I wouldn't need to charge my phone overnight.

- Daily (secular) affirmations.

- Meditate at least every second day. I'd try to use that to get fresh air in the morning (my apartment is on the second floor and without a balcony), so I'd do that in the courtyard.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - orythedog - 10-05-2020

(10-03-2020, 03:58 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote: In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Rhyme or Reason,Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

Patrick Bateman in American Psycho

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - Jerusalem Lothario - 10-05-2020

Stumble out of bed at 5AM.

Go on a run immediately.

Get back eat light breakfast, break out the yerba mate.

Start serious work by 6.30 or 7.00.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - orythedog - 12-11-2020

(09-27-2020, 02:59 PM)Jetset Wrote: For a weekday?

1. Keep a carafe by the bed. Alarm goes off at 6:50, I try to wake up naturally around 6:30. Have a glass of water.

2. Get up, brush my teeth, make a coffee, and go over my schedule and task list. Anything that requires my attention at a specific time is already on my schedule. Everything else went on the task list. I have tasks divided into major and minor items. If I'm already pretty booked, I might only move one major item into "today". If my day is clear, I might pull in three.

3. Spend about twenty minutes doing some cardio/mobility/endurance exercises. Not heavy, just a bunch of ballistic movements to get my heart rate up and stretch out my shoulders, hips, etc. Looking out my big picture window and watch some of the sunrise over the wooded hills while I do that.

4. Make a fruit, whey, greens, and oatmeal shake. Check the news and read over something interesting while I drink it. If it's the weekend, I might actually cook something, like bacon and eggs, but I'm just not a big breakfast guy.

5. Shower. Quick skin care routine: put niacinamide on my face to discourage redness and oil. (This is made by The Ordinary. It comes in a cheap vial and seems to work.) Get my hair in order while that dries, put on a moisturizing sunscreen. If I know it's going to be a heavy outdoors day and the weather is warm, I'll go ahead and use a stronger waterproof one.

6. If I'm running ahead on time, I might do a Duolingo. However, it's probably after 8:00 am so now I'll check my emails and messages then start on my first major task.

One thing you might notice is that I try to compartmentalize everything that happened overnight away from everything that happened yesterday. I realized it was a huge problem to allow new emails and events pull me off my agenda, so I try to decide what I'm going to do that day before I even check to see what's going on. Obviously, if I'm doing squats and notice there are tanks in the streets and the building across the viaduct is on fire, I might take an immediate interest and change plans, but otherwise, it's probably just going on my list of things to deal with and I'll sleep on it. Odds are, by morning I'll have decided it's stupid and delete it. Most things in life are stupid and should be deleted in favor of your longer-term goals.

"Most things in life are stupid and should be deleted in favor of your longer-term goals."

Wisdom.

RE: Morning routine (breakfast, skincare, rituals) - Internetprince - 12-12-2020

(09-20-2020, 03:38 PM)VitaminD Wrote: Interested to know what everyones morning routine consists of.

lucky u have no negative sides from the finasteride... thats good