Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Malaysia Thread
Since I am here, albeit for a short time, I thought I would give my impressions and happenings. 

Arrived in Kuala Lumpur at 10:30am ish. It's a 4 or 5 hour flight from Manila. Flight was at 6:30am and I fucked around and didn't pack or anything until 12am. So was only working on a few hours of sleep. 

I got a nice pad at Regalia for about 30-35 usd a night from Airbnb. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16694918

I took the express train into KL as the airport is outside of the city. Thinking I should have just got an uber from the airport. 

Taxi service from the main train station in KL is a ripoff. I suggest getting a prepaid sim and calling booking an uber. An uber costs 10-15MYR from the airport and the taxi service from inside KL was wanting about 70MYR. The prepaid sim and data was pretty cheap. Only 15MYR. 

This city is diverse as hell. Never been to a city like this. 3 distinct ethnic groups living together. Malays, Chinese, and Tamil Indians. 

My tourist plans are to try some local food, hit up the Batum Caves and get a night picture with the Petronas Towers. Already got my Chinese Malaysian flag in Seoul from a Tinder girl on vacation but still want to get laid here. And Indian would be top preference as it is rare. I plan to get a Muslim flag in a few days in Jakarta. 

I am not too confident, though. Tinder and Skout are not producing many quality sure thing leads. Generally, I want 3 nights in a city to get a lay assuming it is not a pussy paradise. Two nights is gonna be tight and leave little room for error. What makes it worse is I am here mid week. Gonna try and hope for the best.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dash's post:
  • TravelHardcore, 20Nation
You found a great place. Keep us updated on how everything goes. I'm especially interested since THC and I will be there in a few weeks. But yeah I have heard that Malaysia is not an easy plce to get laid, especially in 3 days. Good luck
(02-06-2017, 10:10 AM)Dash Wrote: This city is diverse as hell. Never been to a city like this. 3 distinct ethnic groups living together. Malays, Chinese, and Tamil Indians. 

I want 3 nights in a city to get a lay assuming it is not a pussy paradise. Two nights is gonna be tight and leave little room for error. What makes it worse is I am here mid week. Gonna try and hope for the best.

This is in line with my experience in KL. Extremely diverse (you'll see all ethnicities all over) and expensive alcohol. 

Two days is really short, there's not room for bad luck. Hope you get the flag though. 

When I was there Tinder didn't exist yet so I went lone wolfing in the Bintang district. Met some Indonesian girls but didn't get the Malay flag at that time. I feel like I need to revisit the city properly.
Yea, skout is completely worthless. Just downloaded wechat and trying the nearby feature. That is not looking too promising.

About to have to go through all my tinder matches and search for girls I matched with here. Fuck terrible organization for KL.

I got to stop doing Tinder a week or weeks in advance and especially if I am mixing it with other cities. Need to learn some patience lol.
Looks like I am lone wolfing tonight. For anyone that doesn't know about this site, it's a great resource for nightlife. Dude is mainly based in Jakarta, but he visits other SEA countries and writes up reviews. Here is his review of Kuala Lumpur.

http://www.jakarta100bars.com/2016/09/ku...clubs.html

My plan tonight is potentially four-fold. First hit up Bangsar Village, then Changkat Bintang, then TREC Complex, and finally the freelance area of Jalan P Ramlee if all else fails.
(02-06-2017, 11:53 AM)Dash Wrote: Yea, skout is completely worthless. Just downloaded wechat and trying the nearby feature. That is not looking too promising.

About to have to go through all my tinder matches and search for girls I matched with here. Fuck terrible organization for KL.

I got to stop doing Tinder a week or weeks in advance and especially if I am mixing it with other cities. Need to learn some patience lol.

Never used Skout before, is there any country it works well? 

I went to Zouk club last time I was there, not so easy setting. You will need to put in some serious effort. Expect a night like Valkerys. 

Whenever I match Tinder ahead of time, those matches are lost man... I don't have the patience to go over old matches to see which ones were from that country. NEXT
KL doesn't seem very big. I was able to go to all locations fairly quickly sub 10 minutes in an uber. 

Bangsar

Seems this is a popular area for expats to live. I was brought to a little street lined with bars, cafes, and restaurants. Not fully dead on a Monday night, but not a place I would recommend going out hunting either. Seems like a great spot for a date night though mid-week. There were two bars that played American top 40 / commercial music. I had a beer in each placed called Bar Shack and Gridiron. The other lively bar called Rock Bottom had live music, but didn't go in there. Saw some Indian girls in mixed sets or groups. Saw a few Chinese girls out in 2 sets. Then a few foreign girls as well. 

Changkat

This place was the most busy by far. Similar to Bangsar but just much longer, busier and more gritty touristy. Lots of foreigners here but also a decent little amount of local women. I think a few of them might have been working. I got dropped off at the beginning of the street in front of Havana Bar & Grill. Seemed a bit more classier than all the other joints on this street. After having a beer there I just walked down the street taking in the scene. Gypsy Bar and WhyNot caught my attention. Saw a few girls alone or in small sets. Couldn't tell if they were semi pros or what. Place has normal bars and also bars with the club atmosphere playing American top 40. Seems like this street would be really jumping on the weekend. 

TREC Complex

Had the uber take me to Zouk which is located at the TREC. Was gonna go into Zouk but decided to save that one for the next night. I noticed a little alley or street with lots of bars and restaurants so decided to check it out. Really like the look of this place. Great place to come chill or take a date. Saw a few sets of girls out here as well. Had a beer at the first venue called The Social. Nice set up with my type of music. Curious the scene here on the weekend. Seems it had something for everyone here. At the end of the street was an outdoor place with live music. 

Jalan P Ramlee

Last up was the freelance street. Home to Thai Club and Beach Club. I was quite shocked at the talent of the hookers in Thai Club. Some of the best hookers I have ever seen. After talking with a girl I learned most were from Vietnam (go figure). To bad there girls were pros. Some real lookers in here. Turns out dudes are paying 100+ dollars for 2 hours and much more if you want all night service. This place had a Filipino band playing inside. After having two drinks I left and went to Beach Club up the road. Similar to Thai Club but with much less girls and poor quality. Didn't even finish my drink here before calling it a night. At both these places you gotta pay a 40MYR entrance which comes with a free drink. 

Oh one thing to point out, the drinks are expensive in KL. I was paying 5 dollars for a bottle of beer and didn't even go to any real posh places. 

Tonight I plan to go to Zouk and then Changkat and put in more effort than last night. Was in scouting mode yesterday.

I got to fix my Tinder game. I have been doing Tinder all wrong. Swipping way to early for a cities and mixing them to boot. Need to only swipe a day before arriving and when you get here. No mixing of cities. Would have been much more optimal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dash's post:
  • TravelHardcore, 20Nation
Just got back from the Batu Caves. Interesting place. Massive Hindu God statue and about 200 stairs leading into a cave with various Hindu Shrines. Even some monkeys running around.

Now just need to get a Petronas Tower pic and that massive Moslem building thing and I can cross off all the tourist stuff to see and do.

I feel sorry for these Tamil Indians. Some of the ugliest people i've every seen. Would literally be a death sentence for getting decent pussy as a guy. Last night though, I saw some lighter skinned exotic as fuck looking Indian girls out and about. The ethnic groups seem to always be segregated here. Don't recall seeing any mixed groups.

If I was gonna be here longer I would load up MalaysianCupid. I feel like that would be your best bet along with day game with some Tinder sprinkled in.
(02-07-2017, 05:07 AM)Dash Wrote: Just got back from the Batu Caves. Interesting place. Massive Hindu God statue and about 200 stairs leading into a cave with various Hindu Shrines. Even some monkeys running around.

Now just need to get a Petronas Tower pic and that massive Moslem building thing and I can cross off all the tourist stuff to see and do.

Wow that sounds pretty awesome. Would you recommend we see it, even if we are just there a few days? I'm looking forward to the tower pic as well... Iconic. Will help out the IG game.
Yea I def recommend getting a pic with the massive Hindu God statue. Honestly don't even need to go up the stairs and into the cave. Nothing special. Going to Batu Caves is fairly quick. Could knock it out in 1-2 hours no problem.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dash's post:
  • 20Nation
(02-07-2017, 01:08 AM)Dash Wrote: Tonight I plan to go to Zouk and then Changkat and put in more effort than last night. Was in scouting mode yesterday.

Solid intel Dash, I salute you. I'm curious how it will go. 

(02-07-2017, 05:07 AM)Dash Wrote: Just got back from the Batu Caves. Interesting place. Massive Hindu God statue and about 200 stairs leading into a cave with various Hindu Shrines. Even some monkeys running around.

I've seen the Batu Caves on pictures, I feel like I missed out not visiting it last time. Reasons to give Malaysia another shot are piling up.
Boy, my night got all fucked up. smh

A girl replied to my message on skout and said she would be down to meet. Chinese Malay.

Looked bangable from her pics. She insisted I come pick her up. The uber had a hard time finding her hotel.

Wasted like 30 minutes going in circles. Finally find the hotel and I suggest we go eat.

Only thing good that came of this night was the food. Had some banging Chinese food. Cabbage, chicken and cabbage noodle dish. Some delicious clams. With some banging fried chicken to finish off the meal.

Decide we want to go drink and can not find any taxi and my phone died so couldnt get an uber. Have to get the hotel to call a taxi and the price they say is 40 myr. Absurd price but we dont have much options. Have the taxi take us to Changkat.

This girl starts sobbing on the taxi ride there telling me all about how her ex left her and broke her heart.

Finally arrive at Changkat. Have two beers and I mostly just people watch. Then this girl tells me she has an enlarged clitoris. WTF lol She goes on to tell me how all the guys she met leave her after they learn about her abnormally large clitoris.

At this point, any notion I had of banging her went out the window. After the second beer I tell her we got to go. I have to take her back to her hotel then go to my apartment. The taxi driver tries to really ass rape me. Dude quotes 80 myr. An uber would cost 10 myr for comparison. Told him we already paid 40 myr to get there. He babbles on about it being after midnight as if that means shit. I just want to get home and tell him 40 to which he counters to 60. Then I tell him 50 and its firm. He agrees reluctantly.

Pure wasted night. smh Only can get about 4 hours of sleep. Flight to Jakarta in the am. Hoping it provides much better results than Kuala Lumpur.
Oh shit, that's a messed up night. Fucking scamming taxis. 

But don't worry, Jakarta will make up for it! Wink
Yeah too bad dash. So you didn't end up getting the flag? I keep hearing its a hard place to get laid in so little time
Hey guys,

I just registered here and first post I see is this one. What a coincidence, I´ll be flying to Malaysia at the beginning of March and work there for a multinational corporation for six months. If someone is going to KL in this period, let me know. Malaysia is definitely not a pussy paradise like Thailand or (what I´ve read) the Phillipines, however I think if you stay there for a longer time like I do you can produce decent results. And if not, the central position in SEA makes flights to other countries pretty easy.