Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DHV hobbies
Hey guys,

Thought I’d start a thread on DHV hobbies and their role in raising your smv. SMV is a fascinating topic to me because there are so many areas a man can work on to raise it: through appearance, game, finances, lifestyle – each being a topic that can be analysed by itself in great detail.
I’m not necessarily advocating taking up a hobby just to raise your value in the eyes of women, as you should spend your time as you see fit, but it’s undeniable that some hobbies are better than others in attracting women. Some will say that it’s not the hobby itself but the passion the man has for it that is attractive, but few girls are going to be excited by a nerd’s passion for videogames. A man’s passion for music is on the other hand attractive, so there’s certainly a difference between high value and low value hobbies.
Certain game practitioners have suggested using hobbies as ‘bait’ to drop in day game interactions to generate interest, others have suggested using photos of you participating in them for online dating, to the same end.
It would be great to hear some of your perspectives on any of the following:
(1)    If you were to make a pie chart of a man’s value, what part would his hobbies take up? Do you think it’s a significant component of an attractive lifestyle? (also interested to hear if anyone thinks the complete opposite of me – that hobbies are insignificant for raising your smv and why)
(2)    Which ones have you effectively used either in online photos or conversations or dates to create attraction? Which ones did you think would be attractive but generated no interest at all?
(3)    What role do demographics and culture play in which ones are deemed high value and which low value? E.g. gym culture is more prevalent in Anglosphere than Asia; dancing will get you further in Latin cultures than Anglo cultures; hipster girls like creative types more than corporate girls.
(4)    If you were to make a 5 year plan for incel trying to develop an attractive lifestyle, what activities would you suggest he sample and possibly take up?
(5)    For those of you who travel a lot, do you focus more on portable hobbies like learning languages/going to the gym and does the exclusion of other lifestyle components (e.g. playing something like a piano, participation in team sports etc., group activities in general) in any way limit your smv?
Personal experience: the only interesting hobby I have is learning languages, but I’m going to add a few more in the coming years (suggestions welcome). I find that girls’ reactions vary greatly according to demographic/culture. Foreign girls seem to really appreciate Anglophone guys who speak languages other than English, maybe because it’s a novelty. Muslim girls really like it when I say a few words in Arabic, and Spanish is weirdly a hit with Asian girls (and the one Latina I’ve met here). Australian girls, on the other hand, seem bemused as to why I would bother…
I also share your interest in SMV, I even wrote a book about it a few years back Understanding Sexual Attraction. Even made pie charts etc. Basically, it was made up of looks status personality.

For me, my two hobbies that have helped me the most with women are traveling (I am very interesting) and languages (girls are usually impressed with my language skills). Basketball has also helped me with women in certain countries and back in high school big time (footballl especially)

2)I use the first two in my online dating profiles. I even link to my IG now in my tinder profile because girls can see how many intersting places I have travelled and add the languages I speak to my profile.

3) Demographics play a huge role. Like you said, gym culture is big in certain countries but in other they don't find it as attractive (but it is always niche for some girls). I am in the Philippines now and talking about how I am good at basketball is a really big DHV, some of the most famous people in Phil are the local basketball stars. But yeah everywhere you go, different things are more important, but it's just how important they are, usually having muscles will be more attractive than not anywhere and with all the things generally attractive things are attractive everywhere and unattractive things are unattractive everywhere.

4) A competitive sport (ie basketball or a fighting sport). I feel like it's great for your confidence to do this. The latter of my suggestion will even give you a subconscious dangerous vibe, which women find attractive. Then, of course, focus on making money. But a better idea, these days, might be to look outside of the anglosphere for a quality girl.

5)I try to play basketball wherever I go, but I usually only end up doing it in 1 in 10 countries. Gym and language learning I try to do in most countries.
[-] The following 2 users Like 20Nation's post:
  • Ouroboros, Alexander
(02-11-2017, 09:30 AM)20Nation Wrote: I also share your interest in SMV, I even wrote a book about it a few years back Understanding Sexual Attraction. Even made pie charts etc. Basically, it was made up of looks status personality.

For me, my two hobbies that have helped me the most with women are traveling (I am very interesting) and languages (girls are usually impressed with my language skills). Basketball has also helped me with women in certain countries and back in high school big time (footballl especially)

2)I use the first two in my online dating profiles. I even link to my IG now in my tinder profile because girls can see how many intersting places I have travelled and add the languages I speak to my profile.

3) Demographics play a huge role. Like you said, gym culture is big in certain countries but in other they don't find it as attractive (but it is always niche for some girls). I am in the Philippines now and talking about how I am good at basketball is a really big DHV, some of the most famous people in Phil are the local basketball stars. But yeah everywhere you go, different things are more important, but it's just how important they are, usually having muscles will be more attractive than not anywhere and with all the things generally attractive things are attractive everywhere and unattractive things are unattractive everywhere.

4) A competitive sport (ie basketball or a fighting sport). I feel like it's great for your confidence to do this. The latter of my suggestion will even give you a subconscious dangerous vibe, which women find attractive. Then, of course, focus on making money. But a better idea, these days, might be to look outside of the anglosphere for a quality girl.

5)I try to play basketball wherever I go, but I usually only end up doing it in 1 in 10 countries. Gym and language learning I try to do in most countries.

Yep, I've read your book on smv (it's on my kindle) and heartily recommend it - it's a great holistic overview of the different smv components that men can work on. It deals with hobbies though in a more indirect way by citing attractive qualities that you can display through certain activities (e.g. passion through musical ability, dangerousness through martial arts) rather than talking too much about the hobbies themselves, so I wanted to hear some specific examples that guys have used.
Have you found that certain languages attract more interest than others? I've found lots of girls are interested in one particular language but show absolutely no interest in others. I suspect this has something to do with the prestige/status of the language. Spanish and French are both languages associated with globally influential cultures (and are considered 'romantic') so girls tend to appreciate them; Arabic occupies a smaller niche (or at least a less mainstream one - a huge percentage of the global population is Muslim so I think it has great potential for gaming in certain countries). Do Latina girls, for example, care that you know Russian or are they just impressed by knowledge of Spanish?
I'd say the hobby itself doesn't matter as much as that you're a) talented in it and b) don't brag yourself too much about it.
Look around yourself. Everyone has hobbies. But where does it provide value? Let's look at some examples.
Playin guitar. Nowadays everyone plays guitar. Everyone can grab some chords and play wonderwall. So learn to play some flamenco or cool easy songs that people know but which are not typical camp fire songs. Like gin & juice by snoop dogg or my girl by nirvana. I know some metal guitar players from my city who play insane but don't get a single notch because no chick cares about some kirk hammet solo (even they're great).
As 20 said languages and travel is nice, but there again, take care. It''s not an advantage if you say you study spanish, then she tells you she speaks too and you realize your skills suck, so be able to have at least a fluid conversation. Same for travel. Everyone travels nowadays. So if you meniton that and tell her you did backpacker trip in thailand and Australia (what everyone does nowadays, at least in germany) you're nothing special. Fuck backpacks, go spartan travelling (only a small side bag it's enough), stay away from hostels and make local friends you stay in touch with, maybe find some business where you are.
same goes for sports. It became really popular to "stay in shape" nowadays. That's nothing bad,  I also recommend to work out regularly. But even if you go to the gym a lot, do normal sports too, like soccer, basketball and VOLLEYBALL (almost every chick plays that). What's the worth of your trained body if you can't even play a pass with the volleyball.
so conclusion. Independent from which hobby you choose. Don't be the standard (I know it sounds cliché (: )
EDIT: how could I forget...of course badass! You don't neccisserily need a badass hobby, you can also show being badass by your style, your stories, your friends. But having a badass hobby (like MMA, karate) is always an advantage!
(02-11-2017, 10:20 AM)phase.iv Wrote: I'd say the hobby itself doesn't matter as much as that you're a) talented in it and b) don't brag yourself too much about it.
Look around yourself. Everyone has hobbies. But where does it provide value? Let's look at some examples.
Playin guitar. Nowadays everyone plays guitar. Everyone can grab some chords and play wonderwall. So learn to play some flamenco or cool easy songs that people know but which are not typical camp fire songs. Like gin & juice by snoop dogg or my girl by nirvana. I know some metal guitar players from my city who play insane but don't get a single notch because no chick cares about some kirk hammet solo (even they're great).
As 20 said languages and travel is nice, but there again, take care. It''s not an advantage if you say you study spanish, then she tells you she speaks too and you realize your skills suck, so be able to have at least a fluid conversation. Same for travel. Everyone travels nowadays. So if you meniton that and tell her you did backpacker trip in thailand and Australia (what everyone does nowadays, at least in germany) you're nothing special. Fuck backpacks, go spartan travelling (only a small side bag it's enough), stay away from hostels and make local friends you stay in touch with, maybe find some business where you are.
same goes for sports. It became really popular to "stay in shape" nowadays. That's nothing bad,  I also recommend to work out regularly. But even if you go to the gym a lot, do normal sports too, like soccer, basketball and VOLLEYBALL (almost every chick plays that). What's the worth of your trained body if you can't even play a pass with the volleyball.
so conclusion. Independent from which hobby you choose. Don't be the standard (I know it sounds cliché (: )
EDIT: how could I forget...of course badass! You don't neccisserily need a badass hobby, you can also show being badass by your style, your stories, your friends. But having a badass hobby (like MMA, karate) is always an advantage!

That's a great point that you should put a spin on an otherwise popular hobby to make it more of a novelty and help you stand out. Distinguishing yourself from everyone else seems a fundamental theme in game, applicable in online dating photos, fashion, the 'foreigner effect' and probably more. And of course you need to have some genuine talent, otherwise you'll be outed as a poser.
I still think the hobby itself is important simply because lots of hobbies demonstrate the same attractive qualities without generating the same kind of positive reaction. For example, guitar players are considered more attractive than recorder players. Or like you just mentioned, lots of metal musicians are insanely talented but don't get girls the same way a singer-songwriter might. An apparent contradiction here is that standing out is a good thing (e.g. your flamenco player example), but standing out too much (e.g. recorder player) is not such a great thing.
I think then that for a hobby to be ideally attractive, it must (a) showcase an innately attractive quality, (b) have some sort of popularity or prestige in the target demography, and © not be so commonplace that it verges on cliché.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ouroboros's post:
  • Shaen, 20Nation
When you mentioned recorder it brought me back to grade school! Wonder if once you get her back to your place tell her your a badass musician and break out the recorder for a laugh and break the tension aha!
Currently the only two hobbies I have time for are firearms, and they only impresses certain types of women. Though if you get them on a range and they enjoy shooting it works on there primal senses, making for a enjoyable time afterwards. 2nd hobby/lifestyle for me is the Harley, funny thing here is I use to have real nice softail all decked out. That would get women talking to me but beyond a number not much else, this past year I moved up to a full dresser. Good looking as Harley's go, besides pipes pretty much stock. Now not only do they talk, give me there number, they want to go for a ride. Something I had never though of before then is, even though they like the badass bikes there afraid to ride on them if there is even a spot for them to ride(softail had small bitch seat) where as the dresser its almost impossible to fall off by accident. When out with my friends they many times will draw girls over with there bikes, but there usually riding with me to the next stop. Which if he if a bro is hitting hard on a gal, need to help him out make sure she tags along with us.
This subject is a little more towards my focus. I'm going in the direction of what is sometimes called lifestyle game. Rather than having women compete against other women you're having them compete against other uses of your time. Basically she needs to to come along and not get in the way. I can't but wonder how much older I am than the rest of you (I'm north of 40). I've hit that part of my life to where women simply aren't that terribly important to me. Granted I'm use to primarily American women so it's not wonder I fell that way but still.

If I can make a go of things long term in Colombia, concerts and charity work are going to take up a big part of my time. I'm also looking at something like 3D printing so I can start making prosthetic limbs for landmine victims in those areas where the music I like originates. It's a pipe dream right now but I want to signal a combination of cultural competency while also being way the fuck different from anyone they've ever met.

That being said if I end up having to make a go of it in the states I'll buy a motorcycle. I like Indians in particular but because I prefer black women the bitch seat that comes stock isn't anywhere near big enough.
DHV hobbies are what life is all about. I believe one should do them regardless of who likes them as long as it gets you fired up, and gives you the big happy.

However just because I find certain hobbies fascinating, doesn't mean girls will do the same obviously.
For example Just because I find fascinating hobbies within science or analysis or entrepreneurship fascinating, if I tell a girl (even a smart girl) details about it, she will be yawning and looking for the most effective exit strategy.

I find the most DHV hobbies that say all the right things are:

Physical enduring hobbies (specially with nature)
Languages
Musical ability
Something with a little bit of danger

In Latin countries, languages are a real turn on, most S.A countries only speak for the most part Spanish. English is all right (not as effective in Colombia because it's not as fun) but if you speak French or Italian, prepare for an avalanche of wetness, especially Colombia.

I like Canoeing, water rafting and Hiking a lot, anything that involves physical endurance said in the right way can be a turn on. Small hook, a brief description where details of physical activity and endurance are mentioned and a quick change in topics to not dwell and keep mystery.

"I was driving by the highway and saw a huge mountain. Haven't seen those since I was in the Rocky Mountains"
"You went to Rocky Mountains?"
"Yeah I went there hiking, really tall mountain, climbed it and the view was just breathtaking, felt like an animal afterwards"

Writing a motorcycles or firearms in USA really get a powerful response (if the girl is mentally healthy)
But not so much in places that are really dangerous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Christoff's post:
  • 20Nation
(02-12-2017, 10:28 PM)Christoff Wrote: Writing a motorcycles or firearms in USA really get a powerful response (if the girl is mentally healthy)
But not so much in places that are really dangerous.

This is especially true about guns in Colombia if she's not from a major city. I use to joke that you know what they call a couple of dead bodies in front of city hall in my then GF's hometown? Slow for a Wednesday.
the #1 hobby women find attractive is making money. I tell 100% of girls I meet that I own a business. I'm not necessarily rich, but I give off the impression that I'm loaded (without explicitly saying how much money I have). I think every girl I've banged thought I was rich, and many comment on it. Even though I'm not rich I can pull this off by talking about my lifestyle (owning a business, living in NYC, traveling). Keep in mind that I'm not rich, but if I were I know that getting pussy would be far easier. If you want hotter girls then you need more money. That is, unless you want to be cold approaching girls for the rest of your life.

If you have money then everything else is an added bonus. Obviously you can be poor and still get laid more than rich that. Here are some other hobbies to improve your SMV:

Fitness. Personally I don't do bodybuilding. I used to like bulking up, but outside of the US I get the impression that most bodybuilders are gay (no offense if you're a bodybuilder). Lean and defined muscles look much better I think. The most important thing about being in shape is not about looking good... the most important reason to work out is because it improved you sexual performance by giving you harder erections, more stamina, and ability to last longer.

Dancing. As long as you dance well this is pretty huge. To impress a girl with dancing you only have to be slightly better than her. For girls who are good dancers you don't have to be better, but you have to be at least decent. Dancing poorly in a club looks really bad, but fat and goofy girls will be into it.

Skydiving. Girls are always intrigued by this. Any extreme sports are pretty attractive, especially athletic ones like rock climbing.

Traveling. Others mentioned this already. No explanation is really needed.

Wristwatches. I really like wristwatches. 99.99% of girls don't give a shit about watches, but usually if I start talking about watches with a girl she'll be confused but intrigued. This is also another way to come across as rich, which gold digger types are into.
[-] The following 4 users Like mike's post:
  • 20Nation, Christoff, Shaen, TravelHardcore
Depending on the type of vibe you want to give off:

1) Activities/adventures that show you take risks.
2) Activities that show they are safe with you.
3) Activities where you physically dominate nature or other men in terms of strength, speed, size, agility.

Each of these can be targeted to the woman depending on her age and circumstances. The younger the girl, the more intense the type one and the great the tingles that you will generate within her and the closer you will be to having sex with her. Pictures and stories seem to work the best before you get her naked the first time. After the first few times, then actually involving her in adventure and risk taking will keep her tingling; maintenance consumers more of your time and resources are the down sides. At this point the recommendation would be that if she inspires you to more than sex and you are doing the activity anyways, take her along and see how it turns out. The older the woman, especially early 30´s and beyond, the more type two, but type one is still needed. In a larger sense, all women need type two activities on occasion as insecurity is at the root of their feminine nature and this button needs to be pressed.

When she sees that you are strong, muscular, bigger, taller, faster, etc. it will often unconsciously trigger her comfort and sense of security. When you put your strong arm around her in a relaxed fashion (over her shoulder as you are sitting) will do it. Showing provider signals and major protector indications are more extreme type two and will trigger her to look at you as someone with whom to settle down, use your resources and provide a nest. This is not recommended, but to each his own.

Type 3 activities will press the buttons in all ages, but like type one activities, it will get the younger girls wetter, quicker. Things like sports and more strenuous outdoor activities. The caution is that with many women (not all or necessarily a majority) when you throw it in their faces, other than when it is a natural expression of you living your life and actually doing the activity in their presence, the more likely it will be to press more extreme type two buttons within the woman. Use them in moderation, but regularly.

If you want to go beyond hobbies and just talk about DHV then women are most attracted to:

- Looks (Physique, Athleticism, Dress).
- Status (Power, Reputation, Wealth).
- Game (Charisma, Style, Confidence).

All are important and they affect different women differently depending on their ages, experiences, and circumstances. Across most of these, Status seems to be the most dominant in general with Looks having a more dominant affect with the initial attraction/reaction and Game being more dominant with the sustained attraction. Game interfaces with Status when you get her to make inferences about the type of person that you are and she uses those inferences to forecast how you will be interacting with her. It is as if you are lightly, but continuously pressing that type two button in her and she cannot resist since it is biological hardwired in her. Game even takes it further where you have the ability to lead her to feel those things that that she would consciously and unconsciously feel with Looks and Status by just using your words or simple actions.
Get busy living or get busy dying!
[-] The following 2 users Like P.T.'s post:
  • 20Nation, Ouroboros
(02-11-2017, 04:32 PM)Shaen Wrote: When you mentioned recorder it brought me back to grade school! Wonder if once you get her back to your place tell her your a badass musician and break out the recorder for a laugh and break the tension aha!

Haha. Reminds me of the flute scene in Anchorman; maybe with enough confidence it could be pulled off!

(02-12-2017, 03:36 PM)John Galt Wrote: This subject is a little more towards my focus. I'm going in the direction of what is sometimes called lifestyle game. Rather than having women compete against other women you're having them compete against other uses of your time. Basically she needs to to come along and not get in the way. I can't but wonder how much older I am than the rest of you  (I'm north of 40). I've hit that part of my life to where women simply aren't that terribly important to me. Granted I'm use to primarily American women so it's not wonder I fell that way but still.

If I can make a go of things long term in Colombia, concerts and charity work are going to take up a big part of my time. I'm also looking at something like 3D printing so I can start making prosthetic limbs for landmine victims in those areas where the music I like originates. It's a pipe dream right now but I want to signal a combination of cultural competency while also being way the fuck different from anyone they've ever met.

That being said if I end up having to make a go of it in the states I'll buy a motorcycle. I like Indians in particular but because I prefer black women the bitch seat that comes stock isn't anywhere near big enough.

I'm 25 so women are still pretty damn important to me haha. Still, signalling a lack of neediness is fundamental to game for men of all ages, and having hobbies that are more important tp you than women is one way of displaying this (whatever the hobby).
Major respect to you for your ambition re the prosthetic limbs, that sounds like a genuinely fulfilling path to take whatever women think of it (I imagine it would go down well though).

(02-12-2017, 10:28 PM)Christoff Wrote: In Latin countries, languages are a real turn on, most S.A countries only speak for the most part Spanish. English is all right (not as effective in Colombia because it's not as fun) but if you speak French or Italian, prepare for an avalanche of wetness, especially Colombia.

Have you experienced this yourself? This is a fascinating point for me. I haven't been to Latin America but from what I've read there seem to be a lot of francophiles there. One of my ambitions is to one day live in Colombia for at least a year, and meeting Colombian girls in French conversation groups sounds like an interesting niche to experiment with...

(02-14-2017, 03:24 AM)mike Wrote: the #1 hobby women find attractive is making money. I tell 100% of girls I meet that I own a business. I'm not necessarily rich, but I give off the impression that I'm loaded (without explicitly saying how much money I have). I think every girl I've banged thought I was rich, and many comment on it. Even though I'm not rich I can pull this off by talking about my lifestyle (owning a business, living in NYC, traveling). Keep in mind that I'm not rich, but if I were I know that getting pussy would be far easier. If you want hotter girls then you need more money. That is, unless you want to be cold approaching girls for the rest of your life.

If you have money then everything else is an added bonus. Obviously you can be poor and still get laid more than rich that. Here are some other hobbies to improve your SMV:

Fitness. Personally I don't do bodybuilding. I used to like bulking up, but outside of the US I get the impression that most bodybuilders are gay (no offense if you're a bodybuilder). Lean and defined muscles look much better I think. The most important thing about being in shape is not about looking good... the most important reason to work out is because it improved you sexual performance by giving you harder erections, more stamina, and ability to last longer.

Dancing. As long as you dance well this is pretty huge. To impress a girl with dancing you only have to be slightly better than her. For girls who are good dancers you don't have to be better, but you have to be at least decent. Dancing poorly in a club looks really bad, but fat and goofy girls will be into it.

Skydiving. Girls are always intrigued by this. Any extreme sports are pretty attractive, especially athletic ones like rock climbing.

Traveling. Others mentioned this already. No explanation is really needed.

Wristwatches. I really like wristwatches. 99.99% of girls don't give a shit about watches, but usually if I start talking about watches with a girl she'll be confused but intrigued. This is also another way to come across as rich, which gold digger types are into.

Well no doubt at all having money is attractive, but I'm not sure it really counts as a hobby as opposed to your occupation. Agree with all your points though.
Have you used skydiving pictures in online dating? I've heard it mentioned that skydiving pics are overused on tinder to the point of being cliché, however I wonder if this could be attenuated by using a solo skydiving pic rather than the more common tandem skydiving pic. Even if it is overused online, no doubt at all it would be great for DHV anecdotes in person.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ouroboros's post:
  • 20Nation