Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passport Visa Tips & Tricks
@Barbarian Father:
I thought you were talking about asking a second passport from the USA (have two American passports).

It is used for two differents reasons:
-You travel often and your passport is blocked by an embassy for visa procedure: you are in Thailand and you apply there for the visa for going to Myanmar (long procedure if I remember when I did 7 years ago, now it is a lot easier but you get my point). Your home country can deliver you a second passport to allow you to go Malaysia for example for a visa trip
-Incompatible destination: you have been to Israel (you have the stamp on it) and wish to go to a Muslim country after. Since some of them (Iran for example) are known to refuse people who have an Israeli stamp on their passport, one for Israel, one for the Muslim countries can solve the problem. I think it is the same with the two Koreas.

For getting a dual citizenship:
Depends on what is advantageous for you. An American passport is good but many countries (China, Laos off the top of my head at least) make you pay a lot more than others. The advantage of dual nationalities is to be able to move more freely but I don't think an American nationality banned you from entering any country. A page I like to look at is the "Visa requirements for ... citizens " on Wikipedia. For example for me:

[Image: Visa_requirements_for_French_citizens.png]

The grey countries are the ones I need to apply for a visa in advance. Having full residency in China takes care of the Chinese problem for me and I am not really interested in the others except Russia maybe.
Having a fitting dual citizenship might make the problem of getting a visa for Russia disappear. Let's say I get Serbian citizenship:

[Image: Visa_requirements_for_Serbian_citizens.png]

I can go to Russia visa free with my Serbian passport and to the US visa free with my French passport
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigerT's post:
  • BarbarianFather
Dual nationality is what I have been looking at and was wondering if any one has done.

Having two passports for the US had not crossed my mine, the idea of me visiting one country and not being accepted in another because of that stamp was on the fringe of my thoughts but never solidified. Thank You for the food for thought.