Having a wing is underrated...
If at all possible, I think every dude should look for a wing in his city.

There are all kinds of levels or tiers of wings, but at the end of the day if you can find a dude that is at least willing to go and approach girls with you and hold you accountable, even if his game isn't great, it's a huge help.

I say this because the 18 mexican girl I just got out of a 6-month relationship was thanks to a buddy here in my city going out and approaching with me (and keeping me accountable)....and the 24 yr old who gave me a mindblowing blowjob the literal day after I broke up with my ex was thanks to the same wingman encouraging me to go out with him and just chat up girls...

There's a hell of a lot of benefits to having a wing - social pressure to approach, social proof, a dude to take the "Grenade" or friends of the target, having fun inbetween sets, another cool guy you can talk game with, etc.

If you're like me, you might have just gone out solo or not had anyone who you can talk redpill / game / pua stuff with in real life...but I strongly encourage you to keep your radar open for dudes who can be a wing.

It's a great insurance against your own excuses.

P.S. if anyone is in the state of Jalisco, Mexico....hit me up Smile
(02-08-2021, 05:04 AM)CraveElectrolytes Wrote: If at all possible, I think every dude should look for a wing in his city.

There are all kinds of levels or tiers of wings, but at the end of the day if you can find a dude that is at least willing to go and approach girls with you and hold you accountable, even if his game isn't great, it's a huge help.

I say this because the 18 mexican girl I just got out of a 6-month relationship was thanks to a buddy here in my city going out and approaching with me (and keeping me accountable)....and the 24 yr old who gave me a mindblowing blowjob the literal day after I broke up with my ex was thanks to the same wingman encouraging me to go out with him and just chat up girls...

There's a hell of a lot of benefits to having a wing - social pressure to approach, social proof, a dude to take the "Grenade" or friends of the target, having fun inbetween sets, another cool guy you can talk game with, etc.

If you're like me, you might have just gone out solo or not had anyone who you can talk redpill / game / pua stuff with in real life...but I strongly encourage you to keep your radar open for dudes who can be a wing.

It's a great insurance against your own excuses.

P.S. if anyone is in the state of Jalisco, Mexico....hit me up Smile

Meeting cool dudes who aren't social hand grenades, especially in Latin America, is rare and I try to keep in contact with them as much as I can, there's lots of available women around but solid dudes aren't so common. I'll never understand the mentality of guys who will throw their male friends under the bus to try to look cool in front of others, or worse, try to steal their girls, those guys are the worst, I've met 100+ dudes of RVF and here and the vast majority are pretty decent guys. I'm not into game/PUA but will always meet up for a coffee or beer and can usually sense if a guy is off, even then I still tend to give them chances but if a guy talks too much about girls and not everyday normal stuff, then that's a red flag for me, unfortunately they're becoming more common these days.
Anyone who can't get out there without a wing simply lacks confidence.  I personally never understood some guys' need for a wing because I did far better without one!
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
(02-08-2021, 06:05 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Anyone who can't get out there without a wing simply lacks confidence.  I personally never understood some guys' need for a wing because I did far better without one!

Some guys just enjoy the company of other males, not everyone is a dark triad alpha lonewolf.
If you don’t have a friend or group of guys you can meet up with regularly it gets lonely pretty fast just meeting up with tinder skanks or approaching random chicks.

Go out and have fun, the chicks will come, they are attracted to a group of guys that having fun.
Totally agree.

1) makes getting into a social mood much easier, esp. if you're coming from work
2) helps with approaching groups
3) its simply fun to hang out with cool people

I've had better results and more enjoyable trips in cities with quality wings, even if other factors are worse.
Been nightgaming for years without a wing, there is a resiliency you learn from gaming alone.

I pulled one of the hottest bangs in my life BY MYSELF when she was with a group of 6 girls at a lounge.

At the end of the day I do prefer gaming with a wing who is about the same "level" as I am but when there is too much of disparity it really ruins the interaction. I'm too old now to be teaching and "carrying" someone on my back.

Hard to find solid guys out there honestly.
(02-08-2021, 06:05 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Anyone who can't get out there without a wing simply lacks confidence.  I personally never understood some guys' need for a wing because I did far better without one!

Totally understand what you're saying. No excuses -- you should be willing to go out solo! I just personally found that a wing can make the experience a little more fun sometimes, and sometimes help me when I'm not "feeling it" -- Hey I'm not a perfect specimen of self discipline just yet. Plus the social aspect of having another dude to bounce ideas off of / alternate approaches with is cool to me Wink
The best wings and guy's to hang out with are the ones who don't want to hang out with a guy simply because they help them get chicks. Usually those kind of guys will cock block you at the first chance they get. The best wings are usually already getting laid and girls can sense that on them and works out in your favor.
(02-08-2021, 06:18 AM)Scotian Wrote:

Some guys just enjoy the company of other males, not everyone is a dark triad alpha lonewolf.

You’re right.  Some actually PREFER the company of other men for an obvious reason I will not expound upon here.
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
There’s also guys who lonewolf because they’re so weird that other guys don’t want to hang out with them, they say and do embarrassing stuff around women, I’ve met a few a few over the years.
Having a good wing makes certain situations way easier to handle, it is not even a matter of self confidence. If you are alone and approaching a group of young girls you might be seen as a weirdo even if you aren't, they'll just wonder why you are on your own, same if you are on your own on a beach where there are just groups, you get the picture.

There are social situations where being on your own will be a big disadvantage and a group of guys or just a couple of guys will have a bigger chance to pull even you have more game than them, what I'm saying is in some situations the social stigma of being on your own will be a big cockblock, if you travel a lot on your own you understand.

On the other hand finding a good wing is increasingly difficult, you need to be on the same page with a guy and have a good chemistry with him, I remember in my younger years I was hanging out with a sicilian guy, we met randomly, chatted a bit and became friends, both of us were wild motherfuckers challenging each other, we sometimes spent 3-4 hours in the streets just approaching, we were encouraging each other and having our back, basically we were friends before being wings and I guess that's the secret.
Some of my best, most spectacular results were when I was alone. Can't explain why. Maybe the girls see you more as "harmless" and trust you more. Of course, they'll ask why you are alone. Just say you lost your friend(s).

It's good having the bromentum of a wingman too.

Ideally you want both. Maybe half/half
(02-08-2021, 10:23 PM)Lino Wrote: Having a good wing makes certain situations way easier to handle, it is not even a matter of self confidence. If you are alone and approaching a group of young girls you might be seen as a weirdo even if you aren't, they'll just wonder why you are on your own, same if you are on your own on a beach where there are just groups, you get the picture.

Reeks of typical insecurity that I alluded to earlier.  If you are rolling solo and enjoying yourself as introverts and Sigmas do, girls will usually gravitate to you and you get to select the ones you want to engage.  If you are going back and forth with your emotional support buddy about how drunk you are getting and how your team is better than his team, you are wasting your time.

As for worrying about being seen as a weirdo, it might mean you actually are weirdo.   If you get yourself to the point where you don't need an emotional support buddy, you'll see just how unnecessary is a wing. 

If you can't roll solo and clean up, just continue relying on the emotional support buddy.  It just amazes me that certain guys are blind to the fact that girls will more likely approach a guy who is enjoying himself alone, than a guy amongst his "wings."  

But do what suits you.  Not everyone is cut out to be Sigma.
Ok now I understand why you end up in conflict with so many people here, the slightest disagreement with your opinion ends up with you insulting everybody.

FYI I roll solo most of the time and I don't lack confidence, I am a daygamer and you need confidence for that.
At times I had great success but it is important to be humble because there are other times where I failed miserably.

Whether you accept it or not, there are situations where having a wing will help tremendously, not because you need emotional support but because of the specific social context. Plus it's always cool to spend time with a friend so if you are on the same page regarding girls it can be really fun having a wing.

Don't start insulting people just because they have a different perspective from yours, you claim to be experienced, open minded and cultured, in your post I only sense a butthurt autistic guy.

Go ahead and insult me again, maybe that's your way to interact with other males and connect with them...in a weird way but to each his own.

BTW I did the effort to answer to your stupid message but I won't do that again.
(02-09-2021, 08:40 AM)Lino Wrote: Ok now I understand why you end up in conflict with so many people here, the slightest disagreement with your opinion ends up with you insulting everybody.

FYI I roll solo most of the time and I don't lack confidence, I am a daygamer and you need confidence for that.
At times I had great success but it is important to be humble because there are other times where I failed miserably.

Whether you accept it or not, there are situations where having a wing will help tremendously, not because you need emotional support but because of the specific social context. Plus it's always cool to spend time with a friend so if you are on the same page regarding girls it can be really fun having a wing.

Don't start insulting people just because they have a different perspective from yours, you claim to be experienced, open minded and cultured, in your post I only sense a butthurt autistic guy.

Go ahead and insult me again, maybe that's your way to interact with other males and connect with them...in a weird way but to each his own.

BTW I did the effort to answer to your stupid message but I won't do that again.

I was criticizing malarkey of the wingman as some valuable asset.  I have seen hundreds of guys sit at home, not travel, and not function socially because they don't have that social crutch when going out.  It is a lack of personal confidence and a lack of personal power, period.  That you admitted to being scared of being seen as a lonely weirdo only proved my point even further!

As for conflict, I am good with it because it is always the least intelligent and respect worthy here who blow fuses when they can't muster the means to think outside of their little boxes.   The big thinkers here ponder novel thoughts and either state their agreement or disagreement and why.  It is the undiagnosed autistics here who lose their stuff when being moved away from their deeply held misconceptions. This is why I block members who show themselves to be idiots and only indulge those who I find intellectually worthwhile.  

I am not here to make everyone my friend.  I am here to ponder, debate, and impart hard fought for wisdom.  If that bothers you so much, put me on ignore and never read anything else I write.   I am not for everyone on this site.  Only the thinkers who can get beyond the prevailing groupthink are worth my time.

So again, no one cares if you prefer going out in groups with other men.  But if you are so weak that you need an emotional support buddy when trying to meet girls, you have very far to go in the area of confidence, personal strength, and seasoned masculinity.

I guess Sir Ian Fleming was all wrong since he left out emotional support wingmen in each and every James Bond pickup encounter.  

Rolleyes
I've had the best results while I was alone. I think the most important thing that many people forget is to have fun, not think about pulling girls like it is a job.

That being sad, if you have a good friend that you have a good chemistry with, it can certainly be the most amount of fun you can get. Don't get a wing just for picking up girls, the relationship and chemistry you have before going out together is more important.

I remember living in Bangkok for 6 months with my business partner which is one of my best friends and we were going out most nights and we had the fun of our lives. Sometimes we were pulling together, sometimes each one of us did our own thing. Good times.
(02-09-2021, 10:40 AM)Naitsabes Wrote: I've had the best results while I was alone. I think the most important thing that many people forget is to have fun, not think about pulling girls like it is a job.

That being sad, if you have a good friend that you have a good chemistry with, it can certainly be the most amount of fun you can get. Don't get a wing just for picking up girls, the relationship and chemistry you have before going out together is more important.

I remember living in Bangkok for 6 months with my business partner which is one of my best friends and we were going out most nights and we had the fun of our lives. Sometimes we were pulling together, sometimes each one of us did our own thing. Good times.

Very well said!  And I like how you made the distinction between merely enjoying the company of a male friend as opposed to having to relying on the Emotional Support Buddy that is a wingman.
How to become an internet alpha:

Step 1: Pay hookers off seeking arrangement to be your girlfriend and provide emotional support.

Step 2: Go on forum and criticize guys who like having another guys company saying they are insecure for needing emotional support.
(02-09-2021, 08:59 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:40 AM)Lino Wrote: Ok now I understand why you end up in conflict with so many people here, the slightest disagreement with your opinion ends up with you insulting everybody.

I was criticizing malarkey of the wingman as some valuable asset.  I have seen hundreds of guys sit at home, not travel, and not function socially because they don't have that social crutch when going out.  It is a lack of personal confidence and a lack of personal power, period.  That you admitted to being scared of being seen as a lonely weirdo only proved my point even further!

As for conflict, I am good with it because it is always the least intelligent and respect worthy here who blow fuses when they can't muster the means to think outside of their little boxes.   The big thinkers here ponder novel thoughts and either state their agreement or disagreement and why.  It is the undiagnosed autistics here who lose their stuff when being moved away from their deeply held misconceptions.  This is why I block members who show themselves to be idiots and only indulge those who I find intellectually worthwhile.   

I am not here to make everyone my friend.  I am here to ponder, debate, and impart hard fought for wisdom.  If that bothers you so much, put me on ignore and never read anything else I write.   I am not for everyone on this site.  Only the thinkers who can get beyond the prevailing groupthink are worth my time.

So again, no one cares if you prefer going out in groups with other men.  But if you are so weak that you need an emotional support buddy when trying to meet girls, you have very far to go in the area of confidence, personal strength, and seasoned masculinity.

I guess Sir Ian Fleming was all wrong since he left out emotional support wingmen in each and every James Bond pickup encounter.  

Rolleyes

I don't think anyone here said that you "need" an emotional support wingman. Just because something can be a benefit (like having a wingman for fun, accountability, and social proof), doesn't mean you need to do that. I go out solo as well as with wings. It's like saying you should never buy new clothes because you should have the confidence to dress shabby and still pull women...okay but occasionally I get some new shoes because I like it, and it probably doesn't hurt my game either.