How far out of step are Swoopers with the rest of society?
When I discovered the Swooping lifestyle, mainly through the other forum's travel section, it was the lifestyle I'd always wanted at some level. I couldn't believe that guys were actually out there living it. I never knew how to execute it or that it was a real thing. And of course, years ago, it was not as accessible since remote work wasn't common.

I am not actually living as a Swooper currently, for some practical reasons. But it's what I see myself doing in the future, when the timing is right. I plan to make lots of trips, both long and short.

To us, it seems pretty normal, but in everyday life, I don't think I've ever met anyone who lives like that. Generally, everybody I know is married or has a girlfriend, and they can't conceive of life being any other way.

How about you? What do your friends and family think of the way you live?

There are so many barriers. Most guys I know would never be willing to:

-Voluntarily live without a girlfriend/wife. If they lack one, it's because their love life isn't going well.
-Travel to exotic places. Those places scare them and they'll say things like "I don't know the language" or "I'd be afraid of getting kidnapped."
-Travel alone. This freaks a lot of people out.
-Expect to have relations with lots of women in a given place. Most guys, even if they were up for the travel, would likely hook up with one woman they met online and spend the entire trip with her.

Basically, the Swooping lifestyle -- living as a digital nomad or at least traveling a few times a year -- is unfathomable to most guys because of lack of knowledge and lack of appropriate attitude.

And yet, if you do know about it, how could you live any other way? Are you really going to one day stop it and settle down in the suburbs with one woman? Won't you feel that urge to go back to Ukraine, or Cambodia, or wherever? 

I think we forget how far outside the norm the Swooping lifestyle is. Swoopers are a rare breed!
I grew up in a Navy city with a lot of offshore oil activity and marine shipping so always heard about guys working all over the world, getting drunk, fighting, getting tattoos and exotic STDs. Guys have been doing this stuff for centuries, digital nomads didn’t start it but it has become more main stream.
It's a real challenge for friends, family, and co-workers to accept the Swoop Lifestyle.
I don't think you can tell people about this, unless you know they're ready to be red-pilled.
Suppose for example you tell your brother you spent your annual vacation swooping in the Phils.
Then he goes and tells his wife. And she tells your mom, who tells your aunt.
All these females are deathly afraid their husband is going to now go out swooping instead of taking the fam to Disney.
Imagine your dad, uncle, or brother now telling his wife he is going out for a drink with you.
Their ball and chain is going to say you aren't going anywhere with that Dirty Swooper.
And your relative might secretly be jealous and resent you banging sloots in poosy paradise while he is stuck with the ball and chain.
Certainly he doesn't appreciate the scrutiny he faces from his wife since now she suspects he is going to start swooping.
It will be the same at work.
So many blue-pilled guys out there.
It's a struggle to be blue-pilled.
These guys struggle every day to not see the Matrix peeking through their idyllic fake lives.
So much easier to accept the miserable sex prison life as unavoidable if they don't know about swooping.
They are really going to resent you peeling back the veneer of their reality.
But you only live once (yolo) don't let the blue pilled friends, family, and coworkers stop you from living the Swoop dream.
You will just have to find fellow degenerates to be your new friends in your new life.
I be nutting in these bitches!
https://youtu.be/ixCrLAgk4YI
Quote:But you only live once (yolo) don't let the blue pilled friends, family, and coworkers stop you from living the Swoop dream.
You will just have to find fellow degenerates to be your new friends in your new life.

This almost brought a tear to my eye.

A red tear, not a blue one.
(05-12-2020, 08:17 PM)Mister Happy Wrote: ...

But you only live once (yolo) don't let the blue pilled friends, family, and coworkers stop you from living the Swoop dream.

It's a lonely path but if you're of a certain kind of freedom-loving bent and adapted to life as an outsider, I can't imagine going back to something 'normal' or 'adjusted' by Western standards.

Seen too much.
People change and their priorities change.

I think there needs to be some moderation. On one hand you don't want to be a blue pill idiot but at the same time you don't want to look back on your life and realise hoes took more time from your life than they should have done.
If you look at the guys that were running game blogs back in the day; Mark Cernovich,  Paul Janka, Chris from GoodLookingLoser, Roosh and Krauser etc. they were all obsessed about getting new pussy all the time but until recently they have settled down or been talking about trying to do so.
As you mature and get older you realise it's not everything in life and sex becomes less valuable. The sex drive isn't the same either and guys like Roosh and Krauser are probably having a tougher time finding a quality woman to settle down with now in their 40's than they did when they were younger.
So don't be naive and think this couldn't have its drawbacks too later in life when you most likely will have other priorities.

Besides, I think it's pretty dull to spend several years mastering the skill of banging sluts. What real world skill does it really teach/give you?
If I got rid of all the hours and effort I spent on chasing tail and had shifted it towards money, I'd be a multi-billionaire by now. And to be fair, I think most guys going to shitholes like Cambodia aren't exactly banging 9's and 10's anyway.

But on the other hand I'm obviously glad I never picked the path of the normie and settled with a 5-6 and never tried things like going to different countries by myself or never had the balls to approach random women.
I'm open to settle down if I come across a woman who fits my standard for it but she would have to be of such a high standard that it's possible such woman doesn't exist and in that case I've also accepted that I might have to be a lonewolf for life.
I also discovered the swooping lifestyle (and game) through the other forum's travel section. For me the main motivation to learn game was to use it in foreign destinations. Reading all the stories of members travelling solo and swooping was the dream lifestyle for me.

I don't have as much travel experience as some members here but I've definitely taken some trips that I wouldn't have otherwise taken if not for discovering the lifestyle. My favourite trip in my life will always be my first solo flag mission to Mexico City. I had two goals: visit Teotihuacan and capture the Mexican flag. Both goals accomplished.

I studied to be an archaeologist but am in a different career now. So I've always explained my interest in going to X place to see some archaeological site which has also been true. I just leave out the part about how I've been pipelining on Tinder and have a date set up for the first night I arrive. My reasons for going to a certain place have never been questioned or scrutinized.

I've been in a relationship the past six months that has really been forcing me to question whether to continue in the swooping lifestyle. I do want children and she checks off all the boxes for me. I feel good in the sense that if it doesn't work out I can easily book a flight somewhere and start swooping again.

In any event I think the key is to create a life where swooping is not your main purpose in life. Otherwise you may end up burned out and doing crazy things like taking the "god pill".

I agree Swoopers are a rare breed. Cheers to you all!
(05-12-2020, 09:38 PM)No More Mr. Soy Boy Wrote: As you mature and get older you realise it's not everything in life and sex becomes less valuable. The sex drive isn't the same either and guys like Roosh and Krauser are probably having a tougher time finding a quality woman to settle down with now in their 40's than they did when they were younger.
So don't be naive and think this couldn't have its drawbacks too later in life when you most likely will have other priorities.

I'm almost 50, and I can find many acceptable women less than half my age. If anything, it is easier the second time around.

Perhaps some people like Roosh never settled down when younger because, despite being able to bang a lot of chicks in one-night-stands, they were less adept at maintaining LTR's.

Those guys may have become adept at pick up in order to maintain pussy supply in the face of inability to maintain an LTR (LTR means more pussy generally, at least until she gets too old)

That makes more sense than thinking they once had the ability to maintain an LTR and lost it due to too many STR's.
I be nutting in these bitches!
https://youtu.be/ixCrLAgk4YI
As a guy who is pretty deep into this lifestyle and this already for 10 years plus, I must say this is a very relevant question and thread. If you go into it hard, be prepared for the consequences. When I come back to see my old high school buddies, there is a certain distance now. They know it and I know it. We are still tight, they can still count on me and I on them, but we all know that my lifestyle is so much different than anything they experienced. Many of em don't even ask me about girls anymore or about the life I live, not because they are envious or anything I think, but because it confronts them with their own lifestyle and choices. It is inevitable that you will estrange from those friends but you will meet others on the road and through places like this that are more aligned to this specific lifestyle.

I also had to master the chameleon lifestyle which is a bit what Mister Happy refers to. In your work, with your family, with some friends, with girls you meet...I can't speak about half of the things that happened in my life because you just know that it doesn't fit in certain frameworks they hold. It brings some isolation from the herd for sure.

As a guy who loves children and will want children of his own, you get to face a whole other level of complicated issues. I don't know if I can ever be monogamous anymore. I also developed such intense relationships with several women at the same time going on for years (that don't know anything about each other), that I can't even see how I would ever lose touch with any of these girls in my life. Not to mention all the opportunities that a travelling man with his shit together has on a daily basis. Your world can become so split up in different lifestyles, cultures, groups of friends and girls that it feels like you are living several lives at the same time. I still plan to do the family thing, but I already know it will not be in ordinary fashion. I still have to figure out how it will be possible.

Some of these things also explain how many guys lose their shit after a while. We are already living in times without the traditional frameworks of religion, stable jobs, fixed communities and families. Many people can't even handle those changes in a normal life, yet somehow many of us instead of mitigating that uncertainty choose to add a lot more variables and complications on top of it. We reap the benefits as well of course and I wouldn't change my experiences for anything in the world.

So I guess to answer your question, yeah we are pretty far off the charts if you consider it. You can meet a bunch of interesting characters in this community let me tell you. Well worth all the effort. Me personally, I probably watched Braveheart a bit too much as a kid. When William Wallace shouted FREEDOMMMM out of the top of his lungs I knew I was not gonna be chained too anything to local and when I went on some crazy backpacker trips as a teenager I knew there was no way back after that.
Rottenapple pretty much sums up what I wanted to reply in here.

I can relate especially to:

Quote:I also had to master the chameleon lifestyle which is a bit what Mister Happy refers to. In your work, with your family, with some friends, with girls you meet...I can't speak about half of the things that happened in my life because you just know that it doesn't fit in certain frameworks they hold. It brings some isolation from the herd for sure.

And:

Quote:Your world can become so split up in different lifestyles, cultures, groups of friends and girls that it feels like you are living several lives at the same time.

I spend the vast majority of my time traveling around and when I like a place, I settle down in it until I don't like it anymore. This has been anywhere between 3 months and 3 years in a single place, which has led to me living in many different countries over the years. After a while I just pack my bags and go somewhere else. While the frequency of changing locations has slowed down a bit because the novelty factor has worn off and my priorities have changed, that's pretty much still how I live my life.

At first when I returned home, people had some interest in what I was up to, but these days indeed they don't even ask much anymore. It's fine to me, they are still some of my closest friends but it starts becoming more superficial. It's almost like I'm behaving like my old self when back home, the way they are used to me behaving from before I fucked off and started traveling the world.

Whenever I do speak about my current lifestyle I start at surface level, and as I go on, the reactions I get usually go from curiosity to skepticism to flabbergasm to ridicule to outright hostility. I've had people interrupting me and giving me shit for not having a 40 hour desk job, not building up a state pension or not owning a house. And I'm like wait what, that's what you're thinking right now? "How can this guy not live like we're all supposed to live!!"

The funny thing is, when these people do hear me out, they will say something like "you're lucky to live a life like this. I wish I could do that." In other words, still not acknowledging that I choose to live life this way and have built it up myself with hard choices and sacrifices, and they could do so themselves right now if they wanted to. No, it's luck, and with that they can rationalize their own lives which will be the same from their 20s until they die and which they're secretly not happy about.

I have stopped going past surface level stories unless someone shows genuine interest, but the people who do show genuine interest are usually travelers themselves and/or somewhere on the red pill spectrum.

We are living in unprecedented times, in the sense that we are the first generation(s) who have this much freedom of movement and ability to live life on our own terms. I genuinely believe we are ahead of the curve, setting the new norm and this will become much more normal in the decades to come.
(05-12-2020, 10:25 PM)Rottenapple Wrote: As a guy who is pretty deep into this lifestyle and this already for 10 years plus, I must say this is a very relevant question and thread. If you go into it hard, be prepared for the consequences.

Do you ever envision settling down into a home base of any sort (ie: stay in one place for ~6 mths of the year and then travel to other places for the rest of the time)? I ask because while I find it incredible that you've lived this lifestyle for many years and always enjoy reading your stories, I can imagine that it isn't ideal particularly at a time like this, when pretty much the whole world has made travel extremely challenging.
When you say "society," I presume you mean the blue pill (conventional), gynocentric culture of modern Western life.   With that in mind, men who:

-Have no apparent interest in marriage.

-Work to support themselves only.

-Believe that their own country is not necessarily the best place for men, building wealth, and finding quality women.  

-Don't place women as the focal point of their lives.

are to many renegades at best and social cancers at worst.  But I don't like to think of Swoopers as being out of step with society, I see society being out of step with reality, especially men's!
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
I have a natural curiosity about the world and different people. Even as a kid I wondered if the perfect girl for me lived in some small town far away and id never get to meet her.
And I probably like women too much, thats the problem. I can find something to like in most any type of chick, its why I get such a thrill from exploring new ones.
And everytime I meet a new girl I like, I always wonder what the odds were that we crossed paths at the same space and time.
There's no perfect girl. It's fine to love women and it's not a problem. It's a sign of a good person to see the good in everybody. Maintain your curiosity as long as you can when it dies so will you.
I'm going to take the unpopular opinion because I'm good at that:

In the US, being a "wanderlust" is very fashionable right now, for men and women, especially amongst those with college degrees. It's more radical and unpopular to say you hate traveling than to rattle off a list of all the exotic places you've been, which is what Instagram is basically for. So I don't think that's so radical, in fact it's very millennial to have a global point of view and be obsessed with being places that aren't your own home town in the country you were born. Perhaps with Covid, people will think twice about being so geographically promiscuous. But my point of view: highly educated, yuppy, and coastal. Move out to a Red State in the US and you'll find plenty of people who find Swoop and the shit we talk about here pretty damn weird.

(05-13-2020, 02:23 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: When you say "society," I presume you mean the blue pill (conventional), gynocentric culture of modern Western life.   With that in mind, men who:

-Have no apparent interest in marriage.

-Work to support themselves only.

-Believe that their own country is not necessarily the best place for men, building wealth, and finding quality women.  

-Don't place women as the focal point of their lives.

are to many renegades at best and social cancers at worst.  But I don't like to think of Swoopers as being out of step with society, I see society being out of step with reality, especially men's!

I like what you're saying here,
But I don't think there's a consensus here on any one of your 4 points.

We all disagree with the gynocentric (lol) point of view of society, sure. I don't think there's any disagreement on the basic red pill tenets. But there are plenty of guys here that are 1) eventually looking to settle down, 2) probably have baby mamas and chillins 3) I do fine in my own country, this is a problem some guys have not all. 4) I think if you're leaving your home town and living a vagabond lifestyle based on countries where the girls will suck your dick, that's making women a focal point of your life... Not making women a focal point of your life resembles something different, kind of like how Roosh is living now ironically.
Quote:In the US, being a "wanderlust" is very fashionable right now, for men and women, especially amongst those with college degrees. It's more radical and unpopular to say you hate traveling than to rattle off a list of all the exotic places you've been, which is what Instagram is basically for. So I don't think that's so radical, in fact it's very millennial to have a global point of view and be obsessed with being places that aren't your own home town in the country you were born.

But my original post is not about this. There are a lot of male backpackers at Machu Picchu and in hostels worldwide, and they fit what you're saying. But they are generally not Swoopers. Swooping is a subcategory of travel. It's about traveling to specific destinations with the intent of having sex with large numbers of non-prostitute women. Put that on your Instagram!
Heck only about 40% of Americans own a passport, so that shows you how few are even able to travel abroad.
This is a really good topic.

Please forgive me for using some specific jargon. It'll just make it easier to explain.

Rule One-- You can't redpill someone until they're ready. Caveat: most are not yet ready. Most people do not have a growth mindset. They are not willing to endure uncomfortableness, ambiguity, hostility, ect. It's like trying to turn a risk-averse person into a rockstar.

Rule Two-- If someone doesn't have wonderlust, or is not on a search for knowledge and truth, you can't help them. If you have a friend that follows your advise with some frequency, maybe they are a candidate. Gradual process

Rule Three- Someone who thinks in a binary/ highly logical (ie not creative) manner or is super dogmatic will prob. not find themselves ever doing fucking serious travel.

So to answer, these people (swoopers) are very outside the norm/ societal control matrix. Only when you start challenging or having competing ideas being flung at you, do you get closer to the truth. So in this way, we say America, the west, is the comfortable womb that most do not want, and will not, leave.

When I started travelling alone when younger I was a bit more of a basic bro about my destinations, but I did research them, did take input from others, and did chose to visit individual destinations for significant reasons.

better yet, how do most people handle others who do amazing stuff. They get jealous or more likely they ignore them. That's what happens.

And that's why i try to hold my tongue, and not give other people advise now unless they really want it, and would very possibly take it.

I think it was quite honestly, some older guys on a similar forum, and some close friends that got me to this point. Now, in hindsight, I see they did it, because they knew I was ready for it. And probably listen to them, and would realize that they were ultimately right.

I hope this post doesn't sound too esoteric, but if it does, it's because you're reading too deeply into it. What I'm saying is most people never travel seriously precisely because it's too esoteric for them. Sure it makes sense to stay home, or go to Paris once in your life. I'll sound like some sort of stoic or ancient philsopher: but, travel/life, is the journey, the journey has an endpoint, but an infinite number of paths to get to it. If you logically look at it, >95 percent or so of people are on a small number of paths, but the other 5 percent are on a shit ton of unique paths.

Born->mandatory school for 13 years->college, 4 years (or no college)->waste 20's eating shit from work, and addictions to any number of substances, hangovers etc, shit tons of drama, bad friends and poor time management, you've already put on a good 20 lbs from college, and you were overweight in college->30's is more focused grinding climbing a shitty ladder->40's hopefully you're married, have a partner, kids, house,->50's now you're paying for your kids to repeat your life's path (college, etc, consume)->60's if you are not at the top of your profession, ready to retire you have failed in a "normal" sense-> mid-late 60's, even 70, hopefully you retired and you're body hasn't failed you ->80, according to averages you should be dead now as an american male.
(05-13-2020, 03:08 AM)fullthrottle Wrote: But I don't think there's a consensus here on any one of your 4 points.

Of course....  Consensus would not be achievable here and neither should it be.  However, the points I outlined are common themes many members relate to and they are in keeping with the overall theme of the site.
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
(05-12-2020, 08:17 PM)Mister Happy Wrote: It's a real challenge for friends, family, and co-workers to accept the Swoop Lifestyle.
I don't think you can tell people about this, unless you know they're ready to be red-pilled.
Suppose for example you tell your brother you spent your annual vacation swooping in the Phils.
Then he goes and tells his wife. And she tells your mom, who tells your aunt.
All these females are deathly afraid their husband is going to now go out swooping instead of taking the fam to Disney.
Imagine your dad, uncle, or brother now telling his wife he is going out for a drink with you.
Their ball and chain is going to say you aren't going anywhere with that Dirty Swooper.
And your relative might secretly be jealous and resent you banging sloots in poosy paradise while he is stuck with the ball and chain.
Certainly he doesn't appreciate the scrutiny he faces from his wife since now she suspects he is going to start swooping.
It will be the same at work.
So many blue-pilled guys out there.
It's a struggle to be blue-pilled.
These guys struggle every day to not see the Matrix peeking through their idyllic fake lives.
So much easier to accept the miserable sex prison life as unavoidable if they don't know about swooping.
They are really going to resent you peeling back the veneer of their reality.

This is 100% spot on and have experienced the same when going back to the states and meeting old friends. You can't even talk about women and dating anymore with them. Its unreal. I completely understand they aren't in those times anymore and people change but goddamn you can't even chop it up with them a little bit without the conversation making them uncomfortable. Its like they start to question their life decisions and its just something they don't want to be confronted with. They'd rather just keep the blinders on and keep going and telling themselves that they "did the right thing" instead of doing what they wanted to do.... if not just for a little while. 

I remember when we were younger they allowed themselves to be pressured into settling down by both society and the women they were in LTRs with. Ultimatums even flew around and guys caved. Hell even I almost caved as well when i was 28. My 8+ 2.5 year LTR left me because I wouldn't just settle down and move in with her. It KILLED me at the time and I tried everything in my power to get her back, to no avail. Now looking back it was one of the best things she did for me. 10 years and I don't know how many women or relationships later im living in Europe with my own company and I don't regret doing that blue pill shit at all.

I don't think ill sleep around, party and travel forever.. Im pretty much ready to settle down with wife and kids now but at least I did my time, will stop on MY TERMS and feel I enjoyed my youth well. Im still occasionally hooking up with under 25 year olds now even. 

On the negative side it isnt all roses and sunshine. While I don't even bother with them, the pickings of women closer to 40 really look like leftovers and their best days are behind them. Luckily I can still pass for about 30 so it isn't a major issue as of yet but im having to hide my age and its annoying.