Social Circle from 0 (Nothing)
Let's delve into this without intro: I created a social circle in a foreign country upon moving there, knowing no one there. Here is what I did, from first day:

1) I booked an apartment with one of the main renting websites for this country. After some back and forth this was my first contact.

2) I found work (will remain vague) via a series of cold-emails to potential leads; it took emails to 10-20 different people before I got something that would work through email exchange. This was contact #2.

3) Upon arrival I followed directions of apartment landlord to get to the apartment. This ended with us meeting to get me in the apartment. Following this, we drank given that we were both drinkers. That same night I met several male and female friends in his social circle.

4) I meet landlord's family following day(s). Become an asset when I need to leave the country later.

5) I go to work. I meet everyone there, ~20-30 people. Later we have parties at work. Meet more people.

6) I play sports, through my friend I met other people interested in playing organized sports on a regular basis. We play daily.

7) Find a church that caters to my religion. Meet more people.

8) Before arriving decided I needed a connection for black market alcohol. Message a guy that sells it. Later meet him. He becomes a good friend.

9) I frequent restaurants and bars. My knowledge of target language is basically zero. I just try to find commonalities with servers and bartenders, it works. Tipping also.

10) Meet girls through all these friends.

Not much more else to say.
Ignore Canadian Flags on Sight Crew

#teamisrael

pretty straightforward I would say esp not knowing the language. Almost like how a nOrMaL person makes friends without trying to fuck everyone in sight literally. (Big Grin) How can you stand hanging out with people you work with? Anytime I'm ever asked out by co-workers the first thought that goes through my mind is, "mfer I just spent 8 hours trying to avoid you."
Kudos to OP. Its not easy establishing a social circle from nothing. Which part of the world have you had this experience?
It all depends on the place you are in as well. There are landlords who will always be suspicious if a foreigner rents only looking at the money aspect. After work parties are a great supplement to social game but again it depends on the environment/culture. A lot of guys just prefer to go home to the gf/kids straight after work fridays or not or some are straight up sober depending on cultural/religious aspects of the place.
The anglophone countries are usually better in this respect, things like Meetup/Couchsurfers also work better here.
I've moved countries a few times and found by far the easiest way to find a new social circle is to join the local rugby club. Its going to be full of guys aged 20-35, who workout, who're middle class, who like drinking. Any team always has quite a few very game aware/gamey guys given the above. There are usually drinks in the clubhouse most weekends after a game, and a nightout afterwards too. After a month you're pretty much good to go with a regular social circle for weekend drinks.
A good social circle is super important in finding high value girls and bypass other guys.
I do believe you need to plan in advance though. And a good social circle is one where there are lots of girls in it, not 90% guys.
College is very important to meet people, your job is also important. It's easier to meet girls if you work (or interact) with a marketing department (just as an example) than if you work as a coder or in finance.

A high end gym may also be a good investment.

Opening a high end bar in EE (where it costs less) can also be a very good investment since you'll be the most high value person in there. Opening a model agency is another possibility.

There are many things a guy can do to create a social circle and in my opinion nowadays it's the most important thing for meeting girls, especially high value ones.
I don't believe much in cold approaching, maybe it works in the US where it evolved, but in Europe (I'm from Switzerland) definitely no, unless you are after notches with no interest in quality.
(04-22-2020, 05:42 AM)missionary Wrote: pretty straightforward I would say esp not knowing the language. Almost like how a nOrMaL person makes friends without trying to fuck everyone in sight literally. (Big Grin) How can you stand hanging out with people you work with? Anytime I'm ever asked out by co-workers the first thought that goes through my mind is, "mfer I just spent 8 hours trying to avoid you."

Coworkers were chill actually, hence the parties at work.

(04-22-2020, 11:19 AM)james Wrote: Kudos to OP. Its not easy establishing a social circle from nothing. Which part of the world have you had this experience?
It all depends on the place you are in as well. There are landlords who will always be suspicious if a foreigner rents only looking at the money aspect. After work parties are a great supplement to social game but again it depends on the environment/culture. A lot of guys just prefer to go home to the gf/kids straight after work fridays or not or some are straight up sober depending on cultural/religious aspects of the place.
The anglophone countries are usually better in this respect, things like Meetup/Couchsurfers also work better here.

Happend to me in Macedonia. Very lose with alcohol at after-work parties.
Ignore Canadian Flags on Sight Crew

#teamisrael