Group Think in the Pickup Community
I’ve been active in one form or another in the pickup community for several years now. During that time, I noticed that this community like most other ones has its fair share of groupthink. Common bits of “gospel” that people will commonly regurgitate without giving them a second thought. To question these is considered close to pickup blasphemy, punishable by a lifetime of monogamy

Fortunately, if you’re reading this then your goal is likely not to be a master PUA nerd or the most respected keyboard warrior. Instead, you simply want to do what works the best and will give you the most results

In this post, I’m going to quickly breakdown common pieces of “wisdom” that i commonly see in this community that are objectively wrong. I’m not going to go into things that the “average choad” believes like: you should wait three dates before sex or any of that. Since, that’s not real even up for debate amongst the community. Instead, I’m going to specifically focus on erroneous believes that are common in the pickup world.

1) “Online Doesn’t Work” - 100% bullshit. I see this in some form of another constantly being regurgitated. Backed up the old “well one time I tried and I didn’t get any matches so it must not work” argument. This is the equivalent of a guy who doesn’t know what he’s doing going to the gym, playing around with some weights for a few weeks. Not getting jacked and then concluding that body building doesn’t work.

Yes not everyone has the genetics to be Arnold shwartznagger, but the vast majority of people can see a significant amount of results with enough RIGHT action

2) “You need to be very good looking to get laid online” - 50% bullshit. In reality, looks matter everywhere. If you’re ugly or a slob then cold approach is going to suck for you as well. And if you regularly get laid from bars then you are very likely good looking enough to get laid from online. Fortunately, the vast majority of men are capable of improving their sexual market value by several points. The bar to get laid isn’t as high as a lot of people make it out to be

3) “Just go for the threesome” - 90% bullshit. This is the common advice given when discussing how to best handle situations with more then on girl. In reality, only a very small percentage of guys in the community would ever be capable of pulling off a three some with two girls. The vast majority are likely to be in way over their heads. A much better strategy is to bring a friend or set up a situation where it’s just you and the girl,

4) “Go for the SDL or SNL” - 70% bullshit. Also common advice given to a guy who is talking to a girl during the day or at night. In reality, for most advanced guys the majority of their results are come from good old fashioned phone numbers. And being too focused on the insta bang can cause you to get too discouraged to get a girls number when you realize she’s not going home with you that night

I’m sure there’s a bunch I missed, if there’s any bit of common community “knowledge” you want to get the real scoop on just lmk in the comments below
Well, that's three minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Your game is whack

Lmk if you have any more questions man
@pavlov best read it again, as a few of these apply directly to you
Oh? Tell me more
As popular as it is to hate on Finch it’s not like what he wrote isn’t mostly true.
(02-05-2020, 08:21 AM)SC87 Wrote: As popular as it is to hate on Finch it’s not like what he wrote isn’t mostly true.

"3) “Just go for the threesome” - 90% bullshit. This is the common advice given when discussing how to best handle situations with more then on girl. In reality, only a very small percentage of guys in the community would ever be capable of pulling off a three some with two girls. The vast majority are likely to be in way over their heads. A much better strategy is to bring a friend or set up a situation where it’s just you and the girl,"

I needed to read this stellar advice/insight. It may just change the way I go about life.

"I’m sure there’s a bunch I missed, if there’s any bit of common community “knowledge” you want to get the real scoop on just lmk in the comments below"

So Finch has now become some kind of prophet speaking for the entire pickup community that he is able to channel?

He can tell YOU the reader whatever insights YOU need to know from this collective group-wisdom?

WHO Doctor;" The molecular structure of the corona virus contributes to its ability to enter its host. The presence of glycoproteins promotes the virus' ability to bind to the hosts cells and mutate."

Finch: "The corona virus is a tiny, microscopic bat that speaks chinese and enters your lungs to make you cough."? I'd say this is about 90% bullshit. I dont think its just one bat, I think there are many. BTW I wouldnt eat chinese food at this time but.. well, blah blah blah ..................... Hey Mr WHO Doctor - you got any more questions you wanna ask the scientific community - lmk ..
And the usual trolls come out..
@Finchfry, while the beginning sounded a bit promising, I think you mostly confuse people in here with people who believe in the black-pill. Everyone will agree with you on Point 2, only someone who believes that looks matter aka black-pill, will think otherwise.
Why are you lazily reposting your poorly-written blog content on a forum? At least modify it a little. I honestly used to be sympathetic towards Finch but he's turning me.
When confronted with salient points i will ignore them. If a community lashes out against me it is because they are trolls. Everyone who disagrees with me is a hater.

Name one thing. Change my mind.

I commend finch for not getting banned yet. Admin/mod game recognized. If only you could make this work with girls
(02-05-2020, 06:07 AM)finchfry157 Wrote: 2) “You need to be very good looking to get laid online” - 50% bullshit. In reality, looks matter everywhere. If you’re ugly or a slob then cold approach is going to suck for you as well. And if you regularly get laid from bars then you are very likely good looking enough to get laid from online. Fortunately, the vast majority of men are capable of improving their sexual market value by several points. The bar to get laid isn’t as high as a lot of people make it out to be

You're slightly off the mark here as I think this is at least 53.4% bullshit.

Let me know if you have any more questions man
5) "You can't wear camo sweatpants and cutoff tee shirts" - 100% bullshit. Look the reality is that I wear camo sweatpants and cutoff tee shirts while day gaming and night gaming and I number close all the time. It's all about frame and a dgaf attitude which I talk more about in my guide. Usually those phone numbers aren't real but hey we all know you gotta put in that work.

lmk if you have any more questions man
(02-05-2020, 08:21 AM)SC87 Wrote: As popular as it is to hate on Finch it’s not like what he wrote isn’t mostly true.

I agree. This post is reasonable and while not saying much, better than the previous fodder. 

I commend your determination, It takes a certain amount of grit and thick skin to keep coming back for more. Thats a major requirement for success in life that many millennials lack today.

But thats the problem, your brand here on STW is tainted frenchfry. Probably irretrievably. 

No one is ganging up on you for no reason. There has been intelligent critique offered. Your opportunity for improvement and redemption here lie in your ability to set aside your ego and learn...rather than try to teach
I think in the 90s alot more was possible and common in pickup. Some of the older puas are giving dated advice and arent admitting how drastically everything has changed.
Canned game doesn't work - it does. It does every day. In picking up girls, making sales, getting votes...

Bro, just fix your inner game. (Modern day pickup/anyone that reads Models) - Guys need structure. Being one with nature doesn't stop your girl's skank ass friend from pulling her away when she gets interested.

Looks don't matter (PUA) - You'll get more tail more easily if you lift and look nice.

Looks are the only thing that matters (black cell, red pill mouth breathers) - at 5'11" I should never walk out of a bar with a cutie if there are a dozen 6'3" guys there. I must be breaking a law of nature.

Bitches are sweet flowers (PUA) or secretly going to fuck the rugby team and stick you with the child support. (Red Pill) - She has her own objectives, you need to have your own.

This video course/boot camp/seminar is a magic bullet/is a scam - it's just information, making it work is up to you.

I see a lot of others, these were the first to come to mind.

WIA
@obamerschell Maybe with the last two. But I’ve seen several people in here argue against #1 and #2

@westindianarchie 100% agree with all of those
(02-05-2020, 09:32 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote: Looks are the only thing that matters (black cell, red pill mouth breathers) - at 5'11" I should never walk out of a bar with a cutie if there are a dozen 6'3" guys there.  I must be breaking a law of nature.

The blackpill/looksmax thought is that face (particularly chin and jaw) is more important than height. So if you have good facial aesthetics and you're up against a bunch of chinless talls, you'll be expected to pull while they go home with their dicks in their lanky hands. I don't know if it's true or not.

Quote:Bitches are sweet flowers (PUA) or secretly going to fuck the rugby team and stick you with the child support. (Red Pill)  - She has her own objectives, you need to have your own.

In my experience, if you're thinking of LTR or marriage, it's best to assume that she's capable of just about anything. You can screen to the best of your ability, but I'd still be super cautious. Blackdragon says it best: Women hate monogamy.
This groupthink you talk of is a myth.

Each forum has people with varying opinions.

I have been on these forums since 2008. Always been that way.

As one of the main contributers here and all the other forums I have been apart of

1) Online doesn't / can't work

Yes, thats bullshit. Online works just fine most of us. Now, no one is saying it WILL/CAN work for everyone. Guys with peak game, status and or looks who are aiming for quality over quantity, might find online game less fruitful.

2) You need to be very good looking to get laid online

Again, bullshit. Even ugly fat old dudes get laid online.

3) Just go for a 3some

I mean, if a guy really wants to have a 3some and isn't concerned with any blowback from the attempt, then go right ahead and try. I think getting 3somes from non pros as a normal dude is not something you can make common place. But I am sure it happens from time to time.

4) Go for the SDL/SNL

Why not go for a SDL/SNL? When I am on a bang mission, I always go for the SDL/SNL. In the Philippines, ive never had a late night date not turn into a SNL.

The only time I don't try to do so is when I am meeting a girl for a serious relationship.

In summary,

Anyone that makes blanket negative statements is usually wrong by default ie You CANT or You MUST etc etc.

BTW,

Can someone give me the back story on OP?

Where is this negativity coming from?

From my skimming of his posts and watching a few minutes of his video on YT, I take away

1) He is a typical manosphere / pua poster / lurker

2) Seems a bit naive with questionable opinions and views

3) Not the smoothest talker or put together male. Still has some improvements to make.

Now, not saying any of that is the case. Just my first impressions of the dude. I didn't really see anything that would cause me to hate on him, but def some discussions to be had about various thoughts and opinions that I might not agree with. While at the same time I agree with some other points.
(02-06-2020, 04:22 AM)Dash Wrote: Where is this negativity coming from?

The only reason he's on this forum is to lead people into his sales funnel, which I've pointed out here: https://swooptheworld.com/forum/showthre...7#pid21747

When anyone points this out, the reply is always a variant of "There's no link in my post, I'm only here to provide genuine value". Go read his 11 threads started (~10% of his total post count) and draw your own conclusion.

As for the actual content in those threads: sometimes the advice is actually pretty valuable.

Examples of advice that has helped me:
- How to retain a girl: Just retain her
- How to escalate: Just escalate