Things to see and do before you die.
Hey guys was thinking would be good to put together a list of things to see/do before you die. that you recommend to others that you've seen/done.

il start:

see the sunset/night views from sugar loaf mountain in rio
swim in Krka waterfalls near split croatia
-Try outdoor, technical rock climbing. From here it becomes more granular, like specific locations. To keep things simple: go rock climbing on Railay Beach, Thailand. These days, 99% of my bucket list items involve specific mountains I want to climb. Climbing Kirkjufell, Iceland by myself was life changing. Climbing isn't for everyone, but if you have a good head for heights, there's nothing quite like it.
-Skydiving. I dabbled in this quite a bit back in 2009-2010 and have a few solo jumps under my belt. My first time jumping without any supervision was insane. It was the ultimate adrenaline rush, I'm not sure anything can replicate it. I no longer have interest in skydiving, but it's fun and worth trying
-See the Grand Canyon. This place gets lots of hype, but it's spectacular. Lives up to all the hype IMO. A few friends and I did an out and back hike into the canyon. Standing in the middle of the canyon felt like being on another planet
-Psychedelics and other drugs. Tread carefully with this one... but tripping on DMT was the craziest experience of my life. I didn't actually breakthrough until my 3rd time trying it, but it was crazy and a bit scary.
-Take MDMA at a massive club or festival playing techno. This can be accomplished easily in cities like Amsterdam or Berlin
-Surfing. I usually try to surf whenever I get the chance, but I don't go to these locations often enough. It's one of the most fun activities.
-Bang in a public place. Most memorable for me was banging this girl on top of a temple in Bagan, Myanmar
-Speaking of Bagan, when I was there back in 2011 we hired a horse carriage to drive us around all day for $17. We watched sunrise from the top of a temple at 5:30am. Being in Bagan felt like I'd gone back in time. I'm sure the place has changed a lot since 2011, but there were very few tourist back then.

I can give a pretty extensive list of cool places/things I've done throughout my travels, but I'll stop here.
-When i was younger I watched the Sun Rise at 5:30 in the morning over the Jordanian desert drinking tea, sprawled out on the sand, it remains one of my favorite memories.
-I second clubbing, preferably in one of the European clubbing Meccas, ie Berlin, Ibiza, and others. I don't condone it. But it's fun.
-Climb a tall mountain, the feeling is exhilarating, to this date I've only climbed one 14er, twice, and the sense of accomplishment and natural beauty was next-level.
-Get in a fight, wrestle or study a martial art-- it's truly a primitive lizard-brain experience.
-Travel a long distance with a backback- nothing like being young and no limits on what you can do
I went to Athens, Greece, which I always wanted to see.
As a Canadian visiting Vimy Ridge is a surreal experience. I took a train to Arras and then took the two hour walk/hike up to the memorial. Once I got outside of Arras I was walking through farmer's fields and small villages on the way there.

A section of the trenches is preserved and you can see the pockmarks in the fields from where shells landed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Travel someplace with your boys.  

One of my formative life experiences was going to Asia with my college friends.

WIA
(10-28-2019, 12:19 AM)Agrippa Wrote: As a Canadian visiting Vimy Ridge is a surreal experience. I took a train to Arras and then took the two hour walk/hike up to the memorial. Once I got outside of Arras I was walking through farmer's fields and small villages on the way there.

A section of the trenches is preserved and you can see the pockmarks in the fields from where shells landed.

You're on to something. Battle sites are good. I remember visiting Gettysburg in grade school, as well as Arlington. Both experiences stuck with me given the solemnity of both places and the significance they carry in American history/ canon.

When I was in Warsaw I visited a museum that was a soviet-era political prison--that was eye-opening.

As well as holocaust sites, which i think anyone in europe should see, to understand how reprehensible humanity is, and has been...

I've had many holocaust site experiences that are surreal; but one day I hope to visit the gulags where people close to me were imprisoned, as well as the battlefields of France where my granddad fought WW2...
Great thread topic. Here are some of mine.

1. Cliff diving- with no harness or safety net like with other thrill activities, this is the real definition of a leap of faith. Coming out of the water after jumping 50 feet, there were few times in my life I've ever felt more alive.

2. Go somewhere completely opposite of your home environment- I live in the suburbs, so I tend to get a lot of excitement going into big and entertaining cities, along with rural nature environments in the middle of nowhere. The latter is full of pure beauty and very calming, a nice escape from the day to day.

3. Go through a near death experience- I'm not promoting that you be reckless trying to kill yourselves, but I think it's very important to get a taste of death and come out on the other side. I had an accident a few years ago that nearly killed me. For a few minutes, I thought it was the end. During those moments, I knew clearer than ever how I felt about life, who and what I cared about, and gained a better idea of what I wanted out of life.