The Rep System.
Reps should be given for meetups, not for posts.

Repping posts is what likes/upvotes are for.

Why am I bringing this up? So we don't get high repped internet heroes who never do anything in the real world.

Discuss...
One rep point for your post coming your way!
Spot-on JackinX. I just made a post on another thread of a couple longtime posters on a Ukraine thread on the RVF, who I can tell may have visited Ukraine once at best, however passing themselves off as having lived on and off in Kiev for years. One in fact passing himself off as an Expat presently living Kiev. To add insult, they are advising others. Sad. And as you said, they are receiving Reps for this dillusion.
Yea this only became an issue here with the recent RVF refugee crisis.

Before that almost everybody on Swoop actually metup. I'm not sure if Suits for instance has ever met anybody lol. In fact I remember some noob got banned in one of the china threads over there because he called out the whole rvf china crew for being keyboard warriors who never showed their face. Probably accurate. I can't speak to China but TravelerKai's martial arts posts are complete bullshido.
I think Suits has met people but regardless he tries to contribute positively and isn’t a big baller troll.

If you don’t like his posts then don’t read them or put him or whoever on ignore.
(08-29-2019, 06:24 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Yea this only became an issue here with the recent RVF refugee crisis.

Before that almost everybody on Swoop actually metup. I'm not sure if Suits for instance has ever met anybody lol. In fact I remember some noob got banned in one of the china threads over there because he called out the whole rvf china crew for being keyboard warriors who never showed their face. Probably accurate. I can't speak to China but TravelerKai's martial arts posts are complete bullshido.

Yes, bunch of crap.
(08-29-2019, 08:27 PM)SC87 Wrote: I think Suits has met people but regardless he tries to contribute positively and isn’t a big baller troll.

If you don’t like his posts then don’t read them or put him or whoever on ignore.

He's really cute in real life. 

Aloha!
(08-29-2019, 06:24 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Yea this only became an issue here with the recent RVF refugee crisis.

I've Skyped with Suits.

He's a real person with experiences to match.

The whole keyboard warrior thing is on a spectrum IMO. On the one hand I have a feeling we all become more or less keyboard-warrior-styleee the more we post and discuss things that aren't our direct experience.
On the other hand.. yeah, I find that I mostly post when my life is in a rut for visa/document reasons, I'm not hanging out with people and in consequence I'm feeling lonely. When my life is going well I just don't have time to post. I worry a little about some people who post all day long, every day, for years.. whether they're making the most of their life.
^I wasnt saying he was a bot lol.

Still skype chats arent really comparable to IRL meetups. Also think its suspect that a guy would join a community of like minded guys and never meetup with any of them. Virtual validation is for instagram hoes.
Suits meets up with people when they get to China, I've been trying to meet up with him on a vacation since china isnt in the cards for me personally.

You may not like his snark but the comments on the mods are fair criticism after reading pags posts and resurrections with new names.
The jealousy in this thread is palpable.

I've met dozens of RVF and Swoop members and Skyped with many more.

Forum members have attended and gotten laid at my house parties.

(08-29-2019, 06:24 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I can't speak to China but TravelerKai's martial arts posts are complete bullshido.

TravelerKai has a longstanding history of exaggeration, lies by omission and outright fabrications. From what I understand, he's actually been in the same city as me numerous times, but avoided meeting me. I have to assume that he realized that if I met him in person, I'd see through him in a hurry. I've confirmed through several separate sources, that based on his wife's attractiveness, absolutely nothing he says about game should be taken seriously.

To be fair, however, he is no loser and has been very successful in his career and the guys who he has met have really liked him.
(09-05-2019, 07:58 PM)Suits Wrote: Forum members have attended and gotten laid at my house parties.

I was one of those guys.
Good times.

Some big mouth keyboard warriors in this thread, who don't know what they're talking about.
While some of us have been meeting in the real world for years.
^Ok new member lol

Your history on a defunct forum doesnt count. You queers pulled virtual rank in that place all the time. My turn haha.
(09-06-2019, 03:29 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: ^Ok new member lol

Your history on a defunct forum doesnt count. You queers pulled virtual rank in that place all the time. My turn haha.

Instead of being snarky, why don't you suggest a place we can meet you and have some beers ?

Also, I started a thread here on swoop where guys can list the forum members they have met in the real world.
I encourage guys here to post in that thread.

https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/show...hp?tid=816
I've met up with (or tried to) virtually everybody thats come through Saigon here or on RVF.

If you're in town, I'll buy you a beer. Same offer to Suits as well.

Don't have much interest in going to China honestly.
(09-06-2019, 08:38 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I've met up with (or tried to) virtually everybody thats come through Saigon here or on RVF.

If you're in town, I'll buy you a beer. Same offer to Suits as well.

Great, I will take you up on that offer.
I'm not in that part of the world at the moment, but I'm hoping to pass through south east asia in December/January.
I will send you a pm closer to the time to confirm.
I was reading some Mixx posts about florida. Does he post here as well?
I thought he got upset about not getting reps on the old forum , so he left.
(09-05-2019, 07:58 PM)Suits Wrote: The jealousy in this thread is palpable.

I've met dozens of RVF and Swoop members and Skyped with many more.

Forum members have attended and gotten laid at my house parties.

(08-29-2019, 06:24 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I can't speak to China but TravelerKai's martial arts posts are complete bullshido.

TravelerKai has a longstanding history of exaggeration, lies by omission and outright fabrications. From what I understand, he's actually been in the same city as me numerous times, but avoided meeting me. I have to assume that he realized that if I met him in person, I'd see through him in a hurry. I've confirmed through several separate sources, that based on his wife's attractiveness, absolutely nothing he says about game should be taken seriously.

To be fair, however, he is no loser and has been very successful in his career and the guys who he has met have really liked him.

Also his martial arts advice and credentials are total bs...
(09-25-2019, 08:20 PM)beachlife Wrote: I was reading some Mixx posts about florida.  Does he post here as well?
I thought he got upset about not getting reps on the old forum , so he left.

Yes and I don't think anyone has heard from him since.
(09-25-2019, 10:18 PM)Rocha Wrote: Also his martial arts advice and credentials are total bs...

How do you know his credentials are BS? 

I don't agree his advice is BS. At least for that datasheet he and several others wrote up it's spot on from my personal experience as well as talking to other martial arts practioners. For example I have about 8 months of boxing and it really doesn't prepare you for kick defense, SJM, etc. Also good luck applying a sports mentality to a real life fight. Several of the people that taught me told me point blank even with their fight experience they would try to run away instead of fight. One of them even called himself "the biggest pussy he knows."

FMA and systema are pretty good systems to learn for multiple assailants and other assorted tricks to take your self defense to the next level. Going to a MMA class and then thinking you're ready for a street fight is a recipe for disaster.  

TK is right about Muay Thai being great for 1 on 1 self defense situations. The average thug is going to get a beat down against the average MT practictioner. I've seen tiny Thais land kicks and punches against taller and heavier western fighters. Even then I say you should keep your eyes open and avoid sketchy areas. Most of us on this forum are grown men that don't want to potentially go to jail.

If I could sum up martial arts it's great for discipline and fitness but if it's a self defense scenario it's that insurance policy you hopefully never have to use.