The Philippines 2020
I am going to spend 6 months in The Philippines from Jan 2020 to June 2020. A lot of the threads on the Philippines are old. Any updated advice on the cheapest places to stay that are decent  ($500-700/month). Best dating site, what I should be spending a month on food, visa, nearby countries to reasonably visit, etc.
Sure most same stuff still applies.

Check airbnb for places to stay.

Same dating sites.

Food spending depends on your preferences. Eat like a local it could be 200 dollars a month or if you eat out evert meal and nice places could as high as 1,000.
I'm thinking of doing the same but shorter around three months.

Question: If you were to choose a homebase would you choose Manila or Cebu?

I've been to Manila multiple times and I love it but I've never been to Cebu only read about it extensively but I'm still not sure.
(08-05-2019, 12:11 PM)Dash Wrote: Sure most same stuff still applies.

Check airbnb for places to stay.

Same dating sites.

Food spending depends on your preferences. Eat like a local it could be 200 dollars a month or if you eat out evert meal and nice places could as high as 1,000.

Great! Found some really nice spots on Airbnb between $500-$800. I think i'll use Airbnb for this first trip just for its escrow system, even though I've heard that boots on the ground rental deals are cheaper. I'm definitely trying to escape the American lifestyle (I'm in a shitty suburb). If places like this abroad are really this cheap I gotta get on my online money game so I can stay out! Thanks for the info Dash.
(08-06-2019, 09:46 PM)tezza198 Wrote: I'm thinking of doing the same but shorter around three months.

Question: If you were to choose a homebase would you choose Manila or Cebu?

I've been to Manila multiple times and I love it but I've never been to Cebu only read about it extensively but I'm still not sure.

Plenty of girls in both cities. 

Cebu Pluses: Near beaches, less traffic

Cebu Negatives: Limited nightlife options (easy to run into past dates when out at night) 

My advice is to spend 2 weeks in Cebu and see which one you prefer.
Our of curiosity, how many condoms do you pack for six months in the Philippines?