Meetups: Are they worth it? Lessons learned.
^Depends on the guy, the place, etc. Australians can show up to smaller American/Canadian cities and get more ass than a toilet seat just because of their accents, obviously I’m referring to normal, well adjusted Aussie dudes.

I do agree about Asia being better for shy/introverted white dudes, but is it also that way for introverted black/brown guys? I’m not sure. I didn’t jive well with Thai girls due to the language barrier, I found the dates would be extremely boring after their vocabulary exhausted in five minutes, “you have mom? You have dad? You have brother?” Lol. I’ll take an extroverted Latina out over an Asian any day, to each their own.

I think I have a hard time understanding the struggles shy/introverted guys go through because I didn’t hang out with any growing up and don’t hang out with any IRL. A lot of the complaints I read about online go over my head, some of this stuff is just hard for me to believe.
I’m with the “go abroad” crowd. I’ve given American women my best honest-to-god shot and I am completely done with them. Finished.

American women are not compatible with me, both looks and personality wise. Continuing to “work on my game” with these women would have done much more harm than good, and leaving the US for more compatible Asian women was 100% the correct decision.

Granted, I’m different from most guys so I may be an exception rather than the rule. But I do see that I’m not alone in this regard.
My advice is to go abroad as early as possible and go to socially 'warmer' cultures. While abroad in a new and challenging environment the whole learning process will be accelerated. Girls will be easier yes, but this will improve your game faster than reading internet posts or wasting time on stuck up princesses in the west. Why? Because you will get immediate real-life experiences, start fucking, start learning on picking up clues/body language/improving your dialogue, etc. After a while, you will get that aloofness you need even when back in the west because you just gained a lot of power realizing you have other and probably better options elsewhere. Being away from family and your normal social circle also takes away those limitations you put on yourself in order not to act strange or be seen as incongruent. You can re-invent yourself whatever way you wish.

Try going out alone in your home city, if it's not a massive city, it could get awkward real quick with guys who know you asking who you're with etc. Abroad, you will be a cool mysterious traveller that doesn't give a fuck what happens. Whatever you learn, you take back to your hometown as well. Guess what, after fucking a couple of latinas or asian chicks abroad that highschool sweetheart of yours doesn't make you that nervous anymore.

On top of that, it's not all about getting girls. You learn to adapt to new cultures, new languages, new food, see amazing scenery, learn new skills etc. These experiences make you a much more interesting person when going back to your hometown. You won't struggle that much anymore to have some conversation going during a first date because you have lived things that are interesting to anyone.

That being said, going on ski holidays or some spring break destinations can be a lot of fun as well. In Europe, you make these trips in late high school from around age 16-20. Get fucked up with your buddies in Lloret de Mar, Ibiza or some Greek island. All good fun and if you can get a summer job like that even better. But no way will you learn as much in those places as going to some developing countries where everything is different. Especially during university years, I would try to always choose the more challenging option. Study abroad in a place you never heard off. Go do some development work in third world shitholes, take a flight to Latin America to learn Spanish over the summer etc.
Doing meet-ups is cool, but avoid meeting any Canadians. They are all a bunch of posers.
(06-07-2019, 06:15 PM)Scotian Wrote: ^Depends on the guy, the place, etc. Australians can show up to smaller American/Canadian cities and get more ass than a toilet seat just because of their accents, obviously I’m referring to normal, well adjusted Aussie dudes.

I do agree about Asia being better for shy/introverted white dudes, but is it also that way for introverted black/brown guys? I’m not sure. I didn’t jive well with Thai girls due to the language barrier, I found the dates would be extremely boring after their vocabulary exhausted in five minutes, “you have mom? You have dad? You have brother?” Lol. I’ll take an extroverted Latina out over an Asian any day, to each their own.

I think I have a hard time understanding the struggles shy/introverted guys go through because I didn’t hang out with any growing up and don’t hang out with any IRL. A lot of the complaints I read about online go over my head, some of this stuff is just hard for me to believe.

That's funny, I find extroverted Latinas to be too much to deal with. They love to dance and drink, neither of which I'm big into. The Asian girls I've dated seem to drink way less than most, if at all, and aren't into dancing nearly as much.

To expand on the introverted guys' issues, being "on" so much can be exhausting. I dated an extroverted Irish-American girl who was super into drinking, partying, socializing, nonstop. It drained my physical energy so much to be in a constant wave of going out. Contrasted with my last LTR who was much happier cooking a meal at home for us or going out to a movie. That's way more my speed.

Another LTR I had years ago was more in-the-middle. She liked country dancing so I sucked it up and took her to a country club one time. We danced for a couple of hours, had a couple of drinks, and I found us idling around a bit. I asked her, "want to go home soon?" and she was like, "I'm ready now" and I thought to myself thank fucking god. She was good in that she was down to party SOME, but not all-night like the first girl I mentioned.
There's no such thing as different but equal. 
-Dante Nero
(06-08-2019, 10:13 PM)Rottenapple Wrote: My advice is to go abroad as early as possible and go to socially 'warmer' cultures. While abroad in a new and challenging environment the whole learning process will be accelerated. Girls will be easier yes, but this will improve your game faster than reading internet posts or wasting time on stuck up princesses in the west. Why? Because you will get immediate real-life experiences, start fucking, start learning on picking up clues/body language/improving your dialogue, etc. After a while, you will get that aloofness you need even when back in the west because you just gained a lot of power realizing you have other and probably better options elsewhere. Being away from family and your normal social circle also takes away those limitations you put on yourself in order not to act strange or be seen as incongruent. You can re-invent yourself whatever way you wish.

Try going out alone in your home city, if it's not a massive city, it could get awkward real quick with guys who know you asking who you're with etc. Abroad, you will be a cool mysterious traveller that doesn't give a fuck what happens. Whatever you learn, you take back to your hometown as well. Guess what, after fucking a couple of latinas or asian chicks abroad that highschool sweetheart of yours doesn't make you that nervous anymore.

On top of that, it's not all about getting girls. You learn to adapt to new cultures, new languages, new food, see amazing scenery, learn new skills etc. These experiences make you a much more interesting person when going back to your hometown. You won't struggle that much anymore to have some conversation going during a first date because you have lived things that are interesting to anyone.

That being said, going on ski holidays or some spring break destinations can be a lot of fun as well. In Europe, you make these trips in late high school from around age 16-20. Get fucked up with your buddies in Lloret de Mar, Ibiza or some Greek island. All good fun and if you can get a summer job like that even better. But no way will you learn as much in those places as going to some developing countries where everything is different. Especially during university years, I would try to always choose the more challenging option. Study abroad in a place you never heard off. Go do some development work in third world shitholes, take a flight to Latin America to learn Spanish over the summer etc.

Good point on experiencing different, especially more social, cultures (relative to e.g. USA, which I consider antisocial compared to some European, Latin American, Asian cultures I've experienced)

It's very easy to just sit at home and be socially isolated in the US for various reasons

^ I talk about that here:

https://whiteknightrises.com/how-to-talk...l_Cultures

Semi-relevant pic:

[Image: OyY3F7k.jpg]

Also, good point on traveling and gaining experience (sexual and otherwise).

I talked about that in a post I did for Swoop:

https://www.swooptheworld.com/southeast-...uest-post/

...That all being said:

Think about your life if you need to travel to other countries just to get some ass.

======

Also, Scotian is an extreme extrovert and all around normal guy. Idk how he even found game shit  Big Grin
^I found RVF when I Googled something about banging Colombian chicas in the summer of 2011 to prepare for my first Colombia trip that happened a few months later. I had no idea that guys talked on the internet about how to bang girls, I was 29 and didn’t know much about PUA but had read The Game because I saw it on the bookshelf of a skank I was banging, so read it and thought those guys were weird so never bothered looking into it.

Ya I’m pretty extroverted, that’s why I like Latin culture so much.
(06-09-2019, 01:27 AM)Suits Wrote: Doing meet-ups is cool, but avoid meeting any Canadians. They are all a bunch of posers.

Here is the typical Suits meetup

[Image: 1534384230178.jpg]
(06-09-2019, 01:35 AM)Checkmat Wrote: To expand on the introverted guys' issues, being "on" so much can be exhausting.

Yea, this is about the easiest way to sum this up. Being an introvert myself, I just don't have the capability to be "on" all of the time. I've seen people very gifted at it, even other introverts that put on an extrovert front. Social energy is surprisingly mentally exhausting at times. It's like even with your family, closest friends, and girls you're comfortable with, you need that time for yourself to just unwind and chill. I'd add that's why I was never a big hostel or dorm life guy. I tend to be someone that likes to separate my living space and social space. I'd also add introverts are probably less likely to put on a face for the sake of conversation compared to extroverts. I guess you can say a more natural vibe is required with other people.

(06-09-2019, 04:14 AM)whiteknightrises Wrote: Good point on experiencing different, especially more social, cultures (relative to e.g. USA, which I consider antisocial compared to some European, Latin American, Asian cultures I've experienced)

It's very easy to just sit at home and be socially isolated in the US for various reasons

Think about your life if you need to travel to other countries just to get some ass.

I'd agree on if you're stuck in the US and lose the social circle you grew up with, it's very easy to get stuck in a 9-5 rut and end up at least temporarily socially isolated with your dick in your hand. I'm a younger guy but have heard it happen to those that lose their neighborhood, high school, or college groups and don't replace it with a work or hobby group. Being social as a working adult takes either proactive effort or being a very open person that says yes to a lot of opportunities. I'd say I'm at least the latter to maintain my circles since most of my work is solo stuff that limits new networking. If you make time for people for mutually invested activities or events, people definitely remember that and will come back to you.

Overall, there's a big debate on friendliness of Americans. I've seen people say they're the friendliest people and others say they're the least socially open. I would tend to side more with the latter, as in my opinion outsiders have a hard time breaking in here compared to some spots. But it may be the same all over the world.

As for the bold, I don't think any of us would be on this forum if we didn't travel for ass, so it's a little hypocritical. I'm not gonna lie, I get a little annoyed when guys in the manosphere say stuff like that because that tends to be the line feminists use to stigmatize guys that get laid abroad. Now, if you want to say you should have your shit as together as possible before going abroad, that I can agree with. Some guys that get sucked into the overseas sex and party lifestyle don't come back (use your imagination for the good and bad here).

Like I said before, I tend to believe women can be real gateways to discovering new cultures or going deeper in a culture you are already interested in. Should you focus 100% of your life on game, women, and sex. No, of course not. But it's ok for that to be a motivating factor for a change of lifestyle in my opinion. Just don't let it consume you.
No I'm saying it's sad that a lot of people in this part of the Internet have to go to other countries (usually 3rd world) just to get some play.

Even moving to some place where they know no one, mainly for that
(Granted, a lot of "game" types don't really have any strong family/friend relationships to begin with)

That being said, it's (relatively e.g. to SEA) hard to get laid in USA for various reasons.

If you can get laid in the US, you can probably get laid anywhere
(06-09-2019, 07:51 PM)whiteknightrises Wrote: No I'm saying it's sad that a lot of people in this part of the Internet have to go to other countries (usually 3rd world) just to get some play.

Even moving to some place where they know no one, mainly for that
(Granted, a lot of "game" types don't really have any strong family/friend relationships to begin with)

Yeah it is a bit sad, but sometimes it's part of the journey. Nothing wrong with starting a new life for yourself if you're miserable at home. Life is short, then you die.
(06-09-2019, 08:51 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 01:27 AM)Suits Wrote: Doing meet-ups is cool, but avoid meeting any Canadians. They are all a bunch of posers.

Everyone knows that I DO NOT dress like that.
The more I've thought about it recently, the more I believe that having a lot of game success in the US is contingent on fitting into a "box". This box could be anything from the preppy former frat star to the bad boy athletic type, as long as it's cool or shiny. American women frequently attempt to put guys into a category ("What do you do?"), and ironically, being unique or too different could actually be a detriment to attracting a large volume of women in the US. The women simply don't know how to react or are unattracted to anything outside the box. American societal norms probably deserve a large part of the blame for this since seemingly most things outside of work are commoditized.

In regard to meetups, they can be useful. I've met some good guys over the years in various cities both domestically and internationally. In fact, the last RvF guy I met up with had no reps and few posts, but was one of the most outgoing and sociable guys I've encountered. He could pull in loud environments at night as well as from chance encounters in the daytime.
That's game success anywhere man. Above anything, women want a man socially vetted with tangible value. If youre too outside the box, its hard to calculate said value.

Its even worse in Asia. We just dont realize it as Westerners because we get cut some slack for being foreign.
(06-09-2019, 11:56 PM)Suits Wrote:

Its true, I've heard your friends mention how you wish you had the stones to make those bold fashion choices.  

That's the kind of shit former Male models rock.
(06-10-2019, 01:55 AM)win Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 11:56 PM)Suits Wrote:

Its true, I've heard your friends mention how you wish you had the stones to make those bold fashion choices.  

That's the kind of shit former Male models rock.

This is more my style:

[Image: a99338_ProductPicFinalBlue.jpg]
That sums it up nicely, 'socially vetted with tangible value'. The thing is, some places are much more cliquish than others, making it harder to get socially vetted. Here in Melbourne, for example, a lot of people just hang with others they met by chance in high school and, to a lesser extent, university. They're not keen on inviting outsiders into their circles. I've found other cultures - including Americans - to be a lot more open (much of that likely comes down to people being interested in me just for being a foreigner from a distant country, but nonetheless the reverse isn't true - plenty of immigrants who come to my home city struggle with social isolation from indifferent locals).

There's also the issue of suburban living. A lot of people in the Anglosphere are stuck out in the suburbs, away from friends or potential partners. Living far away from your friends easily leads to social circles breaking down, isolation and involuntary abstinence.

What constitutes 'tangible value' also varies a lot by culture. Good looks are appreciated everywhere, but some places are more superficial than others (and what constitutes 'good looks' is quite variable, even if there are a few reliable constants). Developing countries value wealth more than developed countries, in general. Within the same country, more corporate places (e.g. Sydney) also value career/money more than self-perceived 'artistic' or hipster places (e.g. Melbourne - money matters for logistics and going out here but it does not otherwise matter for attracting women on its own). As others have pointed out, Anglosphere countries value extraversion more than Asian and even many other European cultures. Being intelligent, knowledgeable and cultured are attractive traits in some countries, but in others (like my own, where displaying such traits is generally viewed as pretentious and snobbish) they can be neutral or even negative. There are endless examples of such differences...

[not addressed at anyone here in particular]

The wide variances in how easily social circles can be accessed (both objectively and by people of your individual 'value' and personality type), and what is considered to be value in the localised SMP, mean that you will inevitably be a better fit in some places over others, and achieve better results for yourself. Why try to jam a square peg into a round hole? Sexual marketplaces matter just as much as economic ones. It's feminist shaming language to scorn a man for travelling to a place where he can do better for himself.
(06-07-2019, 05:01 PM)yankeetravels Wrote: I don't know how anyone can think the west is the easiest place in the world to get laid when western guys travel to several different regions of the world and meet women there.

I can't speak for the entire Western hemisphere but I think when guys say 'women in NA are the easiest to bed', what they mean is really, 'when a girl likes you, it's incredibly easy to get laid' - the bolded part being key. Now getting the average American girl to dig you is an entirely different discussion, but you see my point.

In other cultures, even when the girl is into you, she might expect to spend a certain amount of time (e.g., some number of dates) before she comes over to your place.
I had very few meetups but most a good experience. First meetup was with 20Nation. Then met Scotian and we had a fucking blast in SEA for several months. Some of my favourite times in life. Later met Fisto and we traveled to Indonesia, Phils, Vietnam. We started SwoopTheWorld. Friendships for life.

@20Nation @scotian, it's getting close to a decade bros. You know we have to AFT for that occasion