Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The India Thread
Boom, we just arrived in India today so this is the India thread.

I missed my connecting flight in KL and ended up on the same flight as 20Nation by coincidence. I barely had any sleep, but I went out with 20N to explore the area and find sim cards.

First impressions: It's  crowded & hot, but not nearly as bad as I had expected or as people make it out to be. We're in Chennai right now, maybe it's different in Mumbai/New Delhi (or maybe I'm used to 3rd world situations). 

Tonight I'm gonna grab some celebratory local beers with 20N.
[-] The following 3 users Like TravelHardcore's post:
  • Dash, Shaen, DAone27
Wow, India.

Can't wait to hear about this.

How is your intel for nightlife?

How is Tinder looking?

What is the rough itinerary?
(03-01-2017, 11:13 AM)Dash Wrote: Wow, India.

Can't wait to hear about this.

How is your intel for nightlife?

How is Tinder looking?

What is the rough itinerary?

Zero intel. I didn't do any research. We're winging it. If anyone here has some advice, would be great. 

Tinder was looking horrible. A lot more cute girls than I expected but the worst match-rate I've ever seen. I swiped a lot (like 500) and got 2 matches in Mumbai. So I'm gonna change strategy on that one.

The itinerary will be Mumbai - JaipurNew Delhi for about two weeks.
Hope you like curry. I love to cook Indian food! I was good friends with a chef from India when I was working at the Naples Yacht club in FL. Not sure about Indian beer. Sounds scary Lol!
(03-01-2017, 05:09 PM)Shaen Wrote: Hope you like curry. I love to cook Indian food! I was good friends with a chef from India when I was working at the Naples Yacht club in FL. Not sure about Indian beer. Sounds scary Lol!

So far the food's been great. Chicken Tikka Masala and curry dishes with naan. Cheap too, for 5 dollars you're full.

Today we bought the sim cards which is a whole process, you need to show your passport, visa, home address, friend's number... They then need to send that information to be processed and you need to call yourself the next day to verify this information. Still haven't figured it out yet.

I went to dinner with 20Nation and after we walked into a random bar to try the local beers. 

This place was so weird. A couple man and wife were singing Indian songs karaoke style, the bar was super dark and the AC was turned to maximum. It must have been 15° in there. We didn't have much choice for the beer, we had a couple of big "Britsh Empire" beers "Strong ultra premium exclusive beers".

Not great but started tasting better after the 2nd.

There were only guys in the bar. We were observing the cultural differences. From time to time a person would give money to the singer, who would then gesture out some of the song's lyrics in dance form for that person... at least that's how I observed it. 

After a while, an Indian guy from the table next to us started talking to us. He was very interested in hearing what we thought about India and shared his dreams about going to America one day. Very friendly guy. 

Not much later another Indian dude approached us with a weirder request. He pointed at an older guy sitting by himself at the bar. He was a peaceful looking guy, rocking and Indian outfit and moustache. 

"Sorry to disturb you guys. This is my older friend "Rajeev" he doesn't speak english, but he would like to meet a foreigner."
"He never thought he would meet a foreigner here. Can he just sit at your table?" 

Yeah of course, we told him. Rajeev and his friends joined us. He did indeed not speak english but was looking happy to meet us and showed pictures of his family. His friend spoke decent english an we chatted for a while. He told us some things about Indian culture and what to expect from Chennai and Mumbai, Delhi. 

He also told us about which types of ghosts we should worry and how we should react when we would encounter one.

"Just ignore them. It's best not to interact because bad things will happen." (You should read all these quotes with a comical Indian accent btw)

We found out that Chennai it's not likely to hook up with girls. But he said Mumbai is much more liberal and we'd have a blast there. He also recommended Goa. I didn't do any research, but I've heard about Goa from other people before; I'm gonna look into it if it's worth visiting after Delhi. 

It was a fun first day, great introduction to India. Very different culture. Tomorrow we'll explore Chennai's cultural highlights and then we have to skip a night of sleep because we're traveling to Mumbai at 4 in the morning (cheap flights are cheap).
[-] The following 5 users Like TravelHardcore's post:
  • Christoff, Shaen, BarbarianFather, 20Nation, Drizzle
Yeah Chennai has been pretty crazy so far. We were in a little tricycle taxi (not sure what they are called here in India) and THC was taking a video. When we stopped at a red light, a bunch of indian guys on their little motorcycles and taxis around us started having a conversation. It's kind of how it has been everywhere. Guys always trying to talk to us. Even with the girls I have seen a lot of IOI's, even the girl who was getting us set up with sim cards seemed very interested in Oliver. Left her real number on a piece of paper in case there were any problems.

For Mumbai, the match ratio isn't great, but the girls I have matched with have been very responsive. Most of them have suggested themselves meeting up when I get there. It's too early to say, but I think I'm going to enjoy Mumbai a lot. Tomorrow and saturday thc and I will try some night game (which I am not so sure about, seeing as in the bar we were at the clients were 100% guys). I think night game will be difficult but day game and internet game can be fruitful. Time will tell.
How are the girls so far?
I remember seeing something about Indian chicks being top 10 in the world. With the ones I've seen in America I haven't been impressed.
Oh boy, you're in for a roller coaster ride!
I'm from India and I think I can give you a few tips. Chennai isn't a good place for you to get laid. You better try Hyderabad and Bangalore. See, the higher probability for you to get laid is to try the girls who work in IT sector or the rich girls. Try going to popular pubs or malls. I dont think day game would work for you guys.
[-] The following 4 users Like Whitelucifer's post:
  • Shaen, 20Nation, P.T., TravelHardcore
(03-02-2017, 08:37 AM)Whitelucifer Wrote: Oh boy, you're in for a roller coaster ride!
I'm from India and I think I can give you a few tips. Chennai isn't a good place for you to get laid. You better try Hyderabad and Bangalore. See, the higher probability for you to get laid is to try the girls who work in IT sector or the rich girls. Try going to popular pubs or malls. I dont think day game would work for you guys.

Yeah, going to Mumbai next, THC is actually on a date with a girl he met on Tinder right now (here in Chennai), we will see what happens. But I put all my eggs in the Mumbai basket (pipelining-wise). Actually, my best prospect is studying in the IT sector. Good advice. Just curious why you don't think it would work. I did a THC call back today (the girl walks by and gives an IOI then looks back), I waved to her and she waved back then I signaled her to come to me but she kept walking. It was interest but, obviously either there wasnt enough or she was too shy. Why do you not think day game would work? 

Also what do you know about night game? The only bar we went to here in Chennai was 100% men. I imagine it will be better in Mumbai, but I still think the percentages wont be good. Taiwan, the country I just came from was about 50/50 in bars and clubs.

@Christoff
Well, I can't really say because so far I have only seen Chennai, but the girls here are in the bottom 10% of girls I have seen around the world. That being said, just from pipelining Mumbai (My next destionation) there are some super hot girls even online. So we will see.
@20Nation, India is a huge country with huge population. And the traditions, culture here are too many. You can find pretty much every type of girl here. The thing is to do the right thing to get the right girl of your desire. Indians can be very stereotypic. People are afraid they might get judged if they sleep with a guy they've just met. That's the reason why you see girls keep walking ever after showing some interest. Liberal and moderate girls mostly come out during nights and they love night life, they'll be your best bets. you can still score some during the day game, but night game would yield much better results for you. Along with tinder, I've got another app suggestion for you. It is Trulymadly, I am not sure about the quality and response rate, but you can give it a try. And in India, women don't often go to a bar and have some alcohol. They'll mostly prefer pubs. So forget about bars.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whitelucifer's post:
  • 20Nation
Many of the women are like bunny rabbits and they scare easily with foreigners, comfort building is important. One or two days is often not sufficient time and you need the third day. How they interact in private is like night and day from being in public, even though they may still be conservative. The challenge is to isolate and get them in private. Bounce to multiple places, one issue will be getting them to drink (a lot). Those Indian women who have been out of country seem to have been easier. Social circle game works well in general, but especially with the relatively richer girls. If you meet some cool Indian guys that is an initial in. Play the numbers game in Mumbai and use your status as a foreigner, night game will have significantly better results than day. After your trip, let us know if your game tightens up.

The attitude seems to come out with Indian girls after you have been with them for a few months. Goa is a good choice; there will also be other foreigners there as well. India is a great country to explore and adventure, but less so for gaming. If you want more adventure travel north to Nepal; you will not be disappointed, but if you think gaming is a challenge in India, just wait.

Rollercoaster ride is right. If you have time there, take a train between cities, it will be an adventure. Also be aware that India has a large Muslim population (it is expected to surpass Indonesia in the near future) and that can affect your game.
Get busy living or get busy dying!
[-] The following 2 users Like P.T.'s post:
  • TravelHardcore, 20Nation
Great day today in Chennai, however we got ripped off by the sim card girl. She fucked up the sim cards and they're not working, so currently we're still without 3G. It's a whole process, we'll try it again tomorrow in Mumbai. 

In the afternoon we asked a tuktuk (auto) guy to drive us around the city. We visited some temples and had some beers at the beach. We had to wrap the beers in old news papers and drink them far away from the street. 

"Else very problem police!", our guide of the day warned us. 

I had set up a date with a girl from Tinder that night. When I came back to the hotel I was able to check my messages. She was already at the restaurant. Jumped back in the tuktuk and went to meet her. She was cute, pale skin, long dark hair, tall.. she could pass for Western if it wasn't for her Indian clothes. 

She was very conservative / traditional. Or maybe she wasn't, but her family was for sure. They had given her a curfew and she had to be home at 10pm, no excuses. I met her at 8pm and she lived at the other side of town, no way I was SNL'ing. Even that Indian guy we met last night, was like mid 20's and he had a curfew by his father. If he was late he would get belted he told us, wtf.

It was a fun date nonetheless. She explained me a lot about Indian culture. It was a nice restaurant, I tried some new foods and a local beer. I wanted to pay for the bill but she insisted to pay. Very sweet girl. Would for sure require multiple dates. 

Chennai does in fact not seem to be the city to slay pussy. I'm curious how Bombay will be. I only have a few days there, and I half assed the pipelining since I've been without Internet for the past days, so I'm counting on nightlife. 

Any tips on Bombay nightlife appreciated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TravelHardcore's post:
  • 20Nation
"belted"

lol shit made me laugh.

check out this dude's site for nightlife recs

https://hungrypartier.com/mumbai-bombay-...ife-guide/
TBH, I don't know much about Mumbai nightlife, but it must be way better than chennai. Learn a few basic hindi words and greet them in hindi. It'll probably work out in a funny way which is good for you. Be careful, don't go into Mumbai slums.
Friday Update

I checked out the nightlife on Friday with 20N. We went to TRYST club but couldn't enter: Only couples or guest list. We were quite low energy to begin with from the traveling and that 4am flight so we went to chill in a bar nearby called the "Irish House". The music there was great, good price for half litre domestic beers. The local beer "kingfisher" is good and quite strong (8%).

The bar was 90% empty, the few people there were dancing like manics. We had a few beers and called it an early night. Saving some energy for tonight. 

General observation 

There were hot girls out at night. Completely different from what you see during the day i.e. 8's and above. They were well dressed, very Western looking, some girls with booty even. The quality girls really came out at night. I didn't know Indian girls could be this hot. Mostly all of them came in mixed groups however. 

Tonight it's Saturday night, we have to start earlier and give nightlife a proper shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TravelHardcore's post:
  • 20Nation