Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Money - Location independent
I want to start this new thread: How to make money but location independently.

We all dreaming of living the life of travelling the world and still earning a decent amount of money. But how we can do this? I studied International business and i still didn't figured it out how i can do itt. Now i work location dependent ( Sales) and it's not possible to do this location independent. So i'm looking for in the future to be able to work location independent.

Here are the jobs so far that i know  where u have that location flexibility:

- Translator

- Graphic designer

- IT jobs ( web development, software development, software engineer,..)

- Consulting

- Writing ( bloggers, ...)

- Copy editing

If somebody have more ideas on how to work location indepently, you're welcome to post them.
[-] The following 3 users Like L'innovateur's post:
  • baimu, 20Nation, BarbarianFather
Hi, I think I can add some value on this topic.

For a locaction independent job, I think the best option is an IT related job or you have to be very good at content creation. If that is not your cup of tea, there are other ways.

Personally, I worked as a travel representative for a big travel agency, which allowed me to live in different countries like Tunisia, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Italy, Mexico. It was a crazy lifestyle.

Later on I lived and worked back in my home country for a few years and made 3 - 6 month travels in between jobs.

After finding out where I wanted to live, I found a steady job in the country where I wanted to live.

If you are from a developed Western country, chanches are high that some international companies from your home country have activities in the foreign country.

If you work in sales like me, you definitely can find a good job as an expat. Other options are the governmenment jobs (embassy), NGO's...

Good luck. And focus on learning the language of the country where you want to settle.
[-] The following 4 users Like Julius's post:
  • L'innovateur, TravelHardcore, 20Nation, BarbarianFather
Another idea (that I have done), that can let you travel is to go work in oil. You can work 3 months a year and travel the other 9 if you want. Those 9 months you dont have to worry about anything. Now, because I make most of my money online, I am always having to worry about making money and can't just focus on travel. It's one of the benefits of that type of lifestyle i think. 3 months of really hard work and pussy pergatory. But that time not getting girls, just makes it all the sweeter when you travel to pussy paradises.
[-] The following 2 users Like 20Nation's post:
  • Timmysands, Julius
(02-23-2017, 08:57 AM)20Nation Wrote: Another idea (that I have done), that can let you travel is to go work in oil. You can work 3 months a year and travel the other 9 if you want. Those 9 months you dont have to worry about anything. Now, because I make most of my money online, I am always having to worry about making money and can't just focus on travel. It's one of the benefits of that type of lifestyle i think. 3 months of really hard work and pussy pergatory. But that time not getting girls, just makes it all the sweeter when you travel to pussy paradises.

Did you create your blog before you wrote your books or did you already publish your books? And when you started your blog did you just start with one post or did you post a few to get started? I also don't see any ads on you blog so you only generate money from book sales and Skype consultations or am I missing something?
One more option - pro online poker player.
I'm traveling since 10 years non stop, and the last 6 i did poker for living.

What's is the deal: around 96% of the online poker players are loosing money in long term.
 So to be at the top you need to devlop your game. Like watching video clips (education ones, not from WSOP for example),
 reading books, using poker softawer which track the hands and after you can analyze.

Will be very helpfull also if you understand the mathematic, calculate fast, adapt fast of the climate on the table.
And even if you're born with most briliant brain, and you just feel the game perfect finally if you don't have discipline
you'll be broke so often! That's mean you've to totally throw your ego in the bin!

Sometimes you'll have huge downsiwngs(bad luck long time) and then you've to be strong mentaly. In this case you've to belive in yoursef, analyze your hands and of cours getting out of the game for a while. Traveling for example, girls, partys with old friends, mountains, sports...

There is famous sentence about this beautiful game: poker is hard way to live easy life!

The good sides: you've freedom! You can work whenever you want, from everywhere even naked and with huge beard.
No working time, no boss. You don't need to explain for anybody how much you lost or win today, or this year.
Also the chicks show big interest when you say what you're doing. The eyes of the gold diggers get bigger, their head and body get closer to you and their brain get busy just with numbers, supposing how much you're winning. They just have the pic from the TV: a happy poker player behind a mountain of money.
In this case you're the boss, and the way to her pussy get wider and shorter(i hope just the wayWink)

Also, time to time you'll hit big tournamenent and your bankroll wil increase huge and you just have to decide what to do with the money.

To be real pro, that's a long way! But with some work, keeping the discipline and play with sense you can beat the small levels and 
 that's enough to travel and to enjoy our amazing planet.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoadSenseOwner's post:
  • 20Nation, Shaen
(02-23-2017, 01:25 PM)Shaen Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 08:57 AM)20Nation Wrote: Another idea (that I have done), that can let you travel is to go work in oil. You can work 3 months a year and travel the other 9 if you want. Those 9 months you dont have to worry about anything. Now, because I make most of my money online, I am always having to worry about making money and can't just focus on travel. It's one of the benefits of that type of lifestyle i think. 3 months of really hard work and pussy pergatory. But that time not getting girls, just makes it all the sweeter when you travel to pussy paradises.

Did you create your blog before you wrote your books or did you already publish your books? And when you started your blog did you just start with one post or did you post a few to get started? I also don't see any ads on you blog so you only generate money from book sales and Skype consultations or am I missing something?

I had a crappy blog called njsworld. Then, I published my first book a bit after my first trip to Asia. Skype consultation and sales yeah, then some affiliates. But most from consultations and sales

@roadsense
when I was younger I had some interest in that type of life. but then the us government passed a law that made it very difficult for americans to do it. Is there still that law in place? It is a cool way to make a living I would say. Nice info.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 20Nation's post:
  • Shaen
Thank you

Only in certain states like NY and NJ and of course Las Vegas is online poker aloud. I wonder traveling overseas I don't see why that wouldn't work?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shaen's post:
  • 20Nation
"@roadsense
when I was younger I had some interest in that type of life. but then the us government passed a law that made it very difficult for americans to do it. Is there still that law in place? It is a cool way to make a living I would say. Nice info."

Thx 20!
The US players can play only between them. They can't join the largest pokerstars.NET for example or .EU. Same did France, Italy and Spain years before.

The reason is that in this way the money will stay in the country doesn't matter who is the winner.
So i can't play with US players, they can't play with me. I'm playing at the French pokerstars.FR and can do it from France, and the rest of the world with exeption US, Italy and Spain, because those contries regulated the gambling market as France did.

One big advantage to play at poker room, which is located far from your location is that when  you wake up early in the morning, fresh, with relaxed brain, ready to start the battle at the tables, then the local time of the poker room is around 1, 2, 3, or 4AM. That's mean a lot of players are at least very tired and others are under drugs or drunk. And that's huge advantage!

We all dream to play poker all together like before and i hope that's gonna happend after few years.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoadSenseOwner's post:
  • Shaen, 20Nation
Very interresting topic.

Id like to earn some money while travelling as well, even if its just a side thing.
Lets say I'm able to study for like 1 or maybe 2 years, which subject should I go for, with that goal in mind ?

Graphic design seems an obvious one, but anything else that could be picked?
Very similar to playing professional poker is day trading stocks. That's how I make my living. You can do it anywhere you have access to the internet.
The only hurdle is you need a significant investment sum of cash to make it worthwhile.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SourStarfish's post:
  • Shaen
I have always wanted to get into that. Can you give me some advice for someone just starting out sourstarfish?
(02-25-2017, 06:31 PM)SourStarfish Wrote: Very similar to playing professional poker is day trading stocks. That's how I make my living. You can do it anywhere you have access to the internet.
The only hurdle is you need a significant investment sum of cash to make it worthwhile.

Nice one SourStar!

Do you think that my 6 years pro poker playing (around 3,5mln hands) can help me with the trading stocks and how?
And how is the dea lwith the tilt? I suppose there is also tilt factor.
How long time more or less you think i need to educate myself about the tradig to have success in long term?
With how much is good to start?

Thank you!
I think programming is the future and could be a great thing to go into if you want to work and travel the world. It's even something I'm thinking about (most guys who have gotten rich in the last 30 years had to do with technology).
I originally made my money in programming and hi tech. I sold my company and use that money for investing and trading.

Yes, poker playing is closely tied to trading. It's the same mentality and skills in both. As you know, the biggest skill is managing your losers and the using the math of odds to keep sane. 
Good poker player understand that well.
Best of all the returns on day trading are way higher than poker odds.

Here is how to get started.
Open a paper money trading account at TDAmeritrade. Trade fake money on the real stock markets and learn how it works. Zero risk.
When you have a feel for it and you make a profit, open a real day trading account.

You need a minimum of 25k to be a pattern day trade by law.

Plenty of online help at TD Ameritrade to get you started

I trade SPY and SPXL/SPXS (leveraged)  ETFs.

Just use common sense and buy on the dips and sell at peaks using 8/21 day moving averages.

It's not rocket science. Just keep a calm head like in poker and play the averages.

Follow Scott Redler at T3live for daily market updates. It's free and all you need to know to make money.

Good luck.
[-] The following 3 users Like SourStarfish's post:
  • TravelHardcore, RoadSenseOwner, Shaen
Never heard of paper money trading account at TDAmeritrade? My gut tells me to follow this adavice. Nice to get honest advice on here. Rare thing in the US sometimes