Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weight Loss Thread
I put the same amount of weight than you while I was in France (mama's food and wedding) and haven't lost them since I am back in China. I will restart going to the gym now that I settle and probably will restarts my long walks. Limiting alcohol will be a good thing as well.
I gained a lot of weight after i quit smoking in '15. Around June '16 I decided to diet. I read about this extreme keto diet online. Eat only protein, add some fish oil and vitamins.
What I did was order cheap soy protein online, which was my basis. Make sure it has no carbs, which usually leaves you with unflavoured. Whey protein tends to give me bad skin. Add some tuna and chicken breast and some steak now and then. Add low carb veggies such as broccoli and celery.

This will go really fast. I lost up to 2kg a week, no kidding. Now after I was happy with my weight @ around 74kg I stopped the diet. I would stick to the diet 2 days a week which prevented me from gaining weight. I could eat most i wanted the rest of the week.
Now I moved to Ph in June. The weeks before I left I didn;t watch my intake anymore because i was sure I was gonna miss a lot of food. When I left I was about 82kg, a small belly maybe but nothing to be ashamed of.

AS you might know, food in SEA is high in carbs and low in protein. Especially in Ph they add sugar to everything. THis had me gain a lot of weight which made me decide to diet again.
Unfortunately protein tends to be more expensive here and i couldn't find carb free protein anywhere. I looked online and to my surprise MyProtein would ship to Philippines.
I ordered some vitamins, fish oil, and soy protein from them and waited a while.
The order was held at the customs. I had to go there and declare what i was trying to import, pay a small fee (I think 200 pesos) and got a warning because apparently you are not allowed to import more than 500 grams (my stuff probably 10kg in total), Thankfully I only got a warning.

Now I didn;t have a scale at first but I did the diet for a few weeks, i think 6. I would usually eat a can of tuna with some eggs and cucumber and lettuce for dinner. Also started working out again which I hadn't done for 3 months. I got myself a new scale recently and I was surprises my weight is now at 76-77kg, although I think I didn't even eat enough protein which caused me to loose some muscle as well. But I estimate I was close to 90kg before I started.
Oh, and you should add some fiber. I forgot to order that and on this protein shake stuff it makes me run for the bathroom several times a day.

(06-05-2017, 09:59 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: Also look into "Rapid Fat Loss/Protein-Spared Modified Fasting" by Lyle McDonald for a quick fat shed diet. Or the Keto Diet.

This is the one. Works well with me.
Used to count my calories when I started last year. Didn;t do that this time. Just watch everything you buy at the supermarket to make sure it has no carbs, and extremely low fat. I'd boil my chicken instead of frying etc. Tuna is your friend. Get the one in water or brine, not the one in oil or with stuff added. And Tuna is damn cheap in Ph. 35 pesos a can (in brine).
For me the biggest thing was eating a lot of small, healthy meals. Then, also mixing weight lifting with cardio. There are all sorts of studies that show combining the two has the best effects. Not necessarily on weight loss, but on fat loss. I was able to get a six pack in about a month and a half (going from some sizeable stomach flab). But I was also taking Test and doing cocaine sometimes, so those also help. But I think pure I could have done the same thing in 2 or 2 and half months. It's just discipline.
(09-11-2017, 09:33 AM)20Nation Wrote: For me the biggest thing was eating a lot of small, healthy meals. Then, also mixing weight lifting with cardio. There are all sorts of studies that show combining the two has the best effects. Not necessarily on weight loss, but on fat loss. I was able to get a six pack in about a month and a half (going from some sizeable stomach flab). But I was also taking Test and doing cocaine sometimes, so those also help. But I think pure I could have done the same thing in 2 or 2 and half months. It's just discipline.

Take 1 gram - lose 1kg Smile
(09-13-2017, 06:07 AM)usmaniac Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 09:33 AM)20Nation Wrote: For me the biggest thing was eating a lot of small, healthy meals. Then, also mixing weight lifting with cardio. There are all sorts of studies that show combining the two has the best effects. Not necessarily on weight loss, but on fat loss. I was able to get a six pack in about a month and a half (going from some sizeable stomach flab). But I was also taking Test and doing cocaine sometimes, so those also help. But I think pure I could have done the same thing in 2 or 2 and half months. It's just discipline.

Take 1 gram - lose 1kg Smile

haha the future slogan when weed is legalized all across usa and they start legalizing coke

But I had heard it works. Obviously many models do it to lose weight, but for real I should have gotten the body I did that fast. Really worked, although I wasn't so much doing it for that as just enjoying with friends, but yeah.

I was a bit worried about getting addicted, but I have no desires whatsoever for it. Not even once in the past couple years since i did it. Fond memories sure, but no desire to go look for it anywhere